Welcome to Gaia! ::

Love's Orchard {Open/Accepting}

Back to Guilds

Find the love of your life through the taste of fruit~. 

Tags: Romance, Slice of Life, Soulmate, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply ╰☆╮Soleil City
Need Our Help? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:10 am
User Image

Commonly Asked Questions:

"Do our characters have to start off with $1,000?"
                                  You are more than welcome to start off with less, but the most amount you may have is $1,000. Whether your character's family was wealthy or not will only determine your housing.

"How do job shifts work?"
                                  You're welcome to play this out however you like. We'd prefer for you to try to spend some of your days at your job -
                                  even if it's just for half the day in order to be a little realistic about having your job, but if you don't want to, you don't have to! Just keep in mind there might be someone else on the lookout that might make actual use of that same job.

"How do we know our characters will be on the same time frame?"
                                  Don't worry. The 'Day Changes' in the Guild are announced at the same time. So everyone will be on the same day regardless. Though if you'd like a time frame, think of it this way!:
                                  Week One: Morning to Afternoon.
                                  Week Two: Afternoon to Night.
                                  Day Change. Repeat!

"Do we pick which housing district we want to be at or do you the crew pick to even out the district housing?"
                                  The Crew will pick out with housing district your character will be in. Anything that remains as "{Leave Empty.}" will be filled out by the Crew at a later date!

"Is there a date character must be submitted by in case of member termination in case of being inactive?"
                                  We wouldn't call it a specific "date". As soon as someone is accepted into the Guild, they will have a month from them to at least make one post. This post can be in the absence forum, OOC, or profiles. Since we only require a "once a month" post minimum requirement, it doesn't take much to stay in the Guild!

"Can we change our character's job?"
                                  Absolutely! However, when applying for the new job, you need to inform us of which job you're getting rid of. That way, we won't have anyone posted in two different places at once. Though it makes sense in real life for people to have two jobs at a time, it's not really fair for other members; especially if the place they wanted is filling up quick.

"Do we need to make our own posting formats?"
                                  Yes. Absolutely. Please. By all means. If you don't get the gist yet? It's YES. Your posting format needs to include your character's name, picture, and money (funds). Any formats you see in the Posting Format subforum are OFF LIMITS. Keep in mind that people work very hard on their formats! If it's not yours, DON'T TOUCH without asking first at least! And respect their wishes if they say no.

"Is there anyway to say, 'redo', a profile?"
                                  Well sure! Everyone gets one chance to "redo" their profile. However, you cannot make any huge changes to the profile once it is being redone. For instance, you can't change the age (unless you can give good reason; like a birthday), powers, past history, etc. And remember! You only get one chance.

"Do our character profiles need to be accepted before we can rp?"
                                  Absolutely! It's the reason we have a "pending profile" forum. The moderators need a chance to look over the profile to tell you any corrections that need to be made before you begin posting.

"Will there be any job applications for the new stores that you added a while back?"
                                  If you ever see a job that your character might like for a store, that a job application forum hasn't been already opened for, simply PM or quote a moderator in the OOC and we shall create it for you!

"How long can a character/profile be under construction before it's considered pointless to keep around?"
                                  Two weeks. After the two weeks is up, we'll move it over to the "Abandoned Love's Orchard Profiles" forum in the "Dusty Records" subforum. You're more than welcome to get your profile back and use it again, though!

"What races are allowed?"
                                  All races are allowed so long as your abilities match up with the one that you choose. If you decide to make an entirely new race, you will need an extremely thorough explanation and history.

"Can I use my own profile skeleton?"
                                  We request that you use the one we have on file. However, you're more than welcome to add extra items beneath spoilers and change the size and color.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:59 pm
oOBookwormYumiOo

I don't quite understand the profile skeleton for the house, what are the "
    " for?
    And do I post in that thread? Or do I create a new one- sweatdrop

PUMMMY

Trash

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:01 pm
Lyeisander

Oh! The "
    " is just for decoration. ^-^ If you post it, you can see what it looks like! It actually just gives it a bit of an indent.

And you'll need to create your own thread with your house number - which can be found in your profile.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:08 pm
oOBookwormYumiOo

Would there be any chance I'd be able to open a small flower shop?
I mean it doesn't have to be right now if you want to finish setting up stuff first, but I'm just asking beforehand.  

Fairy Jar

Demonic Star

6,425 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:09 pm
Scarborough Fairness

There may be possibilities in the future, however for now I'd say it's not likely.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:59 am
oOBookwormYumiOo

Yuuuumiiiiii, I has a question! 4laugh

Do we have to start our characters off with $500? I mean, shouldn't that
really be based on their history? Because I'd prefer to start off my two
sisters with a lot less, like maybe 50-100, which I'm sure won't be a
problem considering that's less than the starting amount. However,
what about characters who are supposed to be wealthy? I can see
how having a low amount for characters makes sense in a school
guild, because they're all young and students, etc, but if I made an
older character, who has been working for years and saving money,
he/she sure as heck is going to have more then $500 in the bank.
You know? So I'm just concerned about that, because I don't know
how I would be able to ever make a more well-off character, if we
are limited to such funds.

riskinginsanity

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:40 pm
riskinginsanity

See, we would base it on History, except...

Typically when people are writing down histories, not a lot of people think about it "fund-wise". A lot of people really only write about 3 sentences at least, while some others go on with paragraphs. So instead of shimmying down their funds because, well, $500 I'm sure will go down rather quickly, we settle them in either nicer or less ncier housing. All things considering, a month in RP time is two months in real time; the day change happens every two weeks.

And with real time moving by so slowly, it's more than likely people are going to spend a lot of their $500 without quite thinking straight.

Overall, you're more than welcome to start your characters off with much less than that... Just don't say I didn't warn you that it might go fast. xDDD

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:49 pm
oOBookwormYumiOo

Yeah, I can definitely see how that would be a problem.
And speaking of housing districts, I thought that was brilliant, bee tee dubs.

Wait if a day is two weeks irl, then wouldn't a month be like... over a year irl?
I'm confused.

And if you know that people are going to be spending their money so quickly,
then how are you going to handle it when everybody's down to nothing, but
logically they should be fine? Also, does the 500 apply to everything, or is it
more just what casual spending money they have? Because I could see
it working out if money for bills, and schooling, and cell phone plans, and
things like that, or larger savings purchases, or whatever, were separate
from what money they have allotted to spend casually. You know? Maybe.
I just woke up from a nap, I'm probably not making much sense right now.

And oh yes, it's going to go rather quickly, I know. I have plans twisted
Which I should probably run by you, actually. Can my characters at some
point get evicted and have to live in their car? Is that okay with you?

riskinginsanity

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:58 pm
riskinginsanity

Thanks!

And I don't know what the hell went through my head when I said it's "two months". The day change may be subject to change, but yeah. So it'll take quite a while for people to get more money again. It may be a possibility that a day may equal a week in real time at some point? But it's mainly because a few days can go by awful fast without a character getting so much as a chance to do anything. Especially since everyone's in school right now.

And the $500 is just like.. Spending money. You don't need to pay for the housing every month or anything like that. It'll just be money for groceries, pets, and whatnot. It's safely assumed everyone's able to afford their housing and automobiles or whatever. Granted, if anyone has any. There really shouldn't be a need for anything big.

And I suppose! That's more up to what you have plotted for them. If it does happen, then definitely let me know so I can take their names out of the housing district and give their house number to another member!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:10 pm
oOBookwormYumiOo

Hmm, that is a tricky issue, it really is.
I think you're right, people are going to go through their money without
realizing how incredibly long it's going to be before they get new funds.

You know, I kind of like the idea of having two weeks irl be one week in the
roleplay, sort of. Like, what if you said "for these two weeks, you can roleplay
anywhere within the time span of one week," and then within that people
could do as they wish. Like if I had a plot I wanted to go through that takes
several days, I could skip through them rather quickly, whereas someone
who has a very special day and wants to make it last longer in the roleplay,
could spend almost the whole two weeks on that. It gives a lot more freedom
for creativity and such. The only issue I see there is how they are going
to line up when people who have roleplayed different dates/times meet
up, but I suppose in that case you would just kind of pretend that you're
on the same day. And oh! Oh! What if you require people to post what
time of day they are in, like morning, afternoon, evening, night, etc, in
their posts next to their money, and if people are in different times then
they can just ignore each other, like the other person isn't in the same
area, because they're not, until later. If that makes sense?

Ok I will definitely let you know! ^^

riskinginsanity

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:30 pm
riskinginsanity

To be honest, we'd rather stay away from that idea all together.

It would cause way too much confusion among roleplayers, especially for incoming members. It's far too complicated, especially for the mods to keep up with when we're watching people interact with others. And if people were to ignore their date and time of their character maneuvering around, then what would be the point of even keeping the time and date on their person in the first place? I understand it would come in handy for wanting to move through plots quickly, but we must also keep in consideration that people will want to get to know each other's characters slowly, much like a normal person would before finding the person they're truly in love with.

It would be the equivalent to making a "time skip", which in reality really only works with one on one roleplaying. Some pasts would be forgotten, times would be mixed up with each other's, and everyone would be in a different time zone. It would just cause confusion with everyone. At least, until the next two weeks in real life, everyone would be on the same page, until someone decides to skip a few days while the others are on day one. Who would keep track of the date? Would someone be in October while the others are in September? Because at that rate, it wouldn't just be a time or simple day difference, it could be that someone went on an island tour and found the legendary fruit while the other only just got out of bed.

We'd much rather give everyone equal posting opportunity.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:42 pm
oOBookwormYumiOo

Oh I didn't mean there would be a date discrepancy, just a time of day one.
Although I can see that I badly explained that. But if you're already dead set
against anything of the sort, then there's really no point to explaining it
properly, which is fine. ^^ I'm sure you'll come up with the best solution!
Although time of day is going to be an issue regardless, so idk.
I trust you though! And I'll stop bothering you now, lol

riskinginsanity

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:50 pm
riskinginsanity

Well yeah, conflicting times are going to happen regardless. I suppose I just got confused since earlier you said:

" The only issue I see there is how they are going
to line up when people who have roleplayed different dates/times meet
up, but I suppose in that case you would just kind of pretend that you're
on the same day."

So I guess I kinda thought you meant people would be able to go through days quicker than others rather than just times. And then if you meet and someone is a day or two ahead, you both pretend you're on the same day.

It's all right.
I'm glad people are asking questions!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:54 pm
oOBookwormYumiOo

Yeah, that is mostly what I meant. sweatdrop
I thought you misinterpreted because you said people could get months
ahead, but that could never happen because the times reset every week.
So even if John had to pretend that his Wednesday was the same as Lucy's
Tuesday, it wouldn't really make that much of a difference, because generally
the same events are going on, the same season, the same whatever. But
if you guys don't want that happening, that is totally your decision ^^

riskinginsanity

PUMMMY

Trash

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:03 pm
oOBookwormYumiOo

How's the job shift for a bartender in Neon Lights going to be like? Is it supposed to be a night shift? Since it's a night club and all  
╰☆╮Soleil City

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff