Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
What Are You Doing for Halloween? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:57 am
Hi Everyone,

I'm curious as to what everyone is doing for Halloween this year? For me I always celebrate it by going to the Anime / Cosplay Youmacon convention in Detroit, Michigan which is always around Halloween.

User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:38 am
In a word: working. I'm not sure if I'm going to do any sort of dressing up while I'm at work, though. I haven't quite decided yet.  

OnsenMark

Crew

Noble Raider

12,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:57 pm
This year I'm going to do some different things for Halloween. Some of the ideas that I have are watching Halloween themed Anime like Vampire Knight. Another is helping my sister pass out candy to kids "trick or treating". I know that some still will. I hope that they do it safely. Think fondly of the Anime / Cosplay cons that will come next year.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:30 am
I'm probably going to wear several costumes on Halloween depending on what is going on at the time and what is opened up.

One for work
One for the museum volunteering
One for the local geek shop
One for that night

This doesn't could any events that do not land on Halloween, but are around that time.  

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:17 pm
angelmage99
I'm probably going to wear several costumes on Halloween depending on what is going on at the time and what is opened up.

One for work
One for that night

This doesn't could any events that do not land on Halloween, but are around that time.

What type of museum are you talking about and what costumes are you considering?  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:52 pm
smithers456
angelmage99

One for work
One for that night

What type of museum are you talking about and what costumes are you considering?

A local history museum.

As far as costumes go. I may do historical or I may do something fun. Everyone will love a good Frodo.  

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200

MachaGirl

Captain Moonwalker

23,625 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Master Medic 150
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:55 pm
Halloween is gonna suck for me this year. I'm moving to a new state and will have been in the new house only two weeks when Halloween arrives. I will still be in Unpacking Hell at that point. No decorations, no new costume, and probably no trick-or-treaters. Definitely no Halloween parties, since I don't have any friends in the new state yet, and of course the pandemic.

I will carve a pumpkin, at least. I will also dress up in something, since I have multiple costumes to choose from. Probably either Cinderella's Fairy Godmother (Disney animated version) or Willy Wonka (Depp version). I'll also try to do some sort of Halloween-themed food. I did mummy meatloaf in the past, for instance.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:00 am
MachaGirl
Halloween is gonna suck for me this year. I'm moving to a new state and will have been in the new house only two weeks when Halloween arrives. I will still be in Unpacking Hell at that point. No decorations, no new costume, and probably no trick-or-treaters. Definitely no Halloween parties, since I don't have any friends in the new state yet, and of course the pandemic.

I will carve a pumpkin, at least. I will also dress up in something, since I have multiple costumes to choose from. Probably either Cinderella's Fairy Godmother (Disney animated version) or Willy Wonka (Depp version). I'll also try to do some sort of Halloween-themed food. I did mummy meatloaf in the past, for instance.

Sorry to hear that Halloween won't be the same for you. Where I live they have the Youmacon Anime / Cosplay convention in Downtown Detroit. Youmacon is always around Halloween and that is wear I wear my Cosplay outfits. This year it's canceled. I'm curious as to what other Halloween themed food that you hae had? The Willy Wonka costume sounds cool.  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:03 am
MachaGirl

You may want to see what cosplay groups there will be your area. You can use it as your Halloween goals. That way next time there is event or group gathering you can still dress up then.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:02 pm
Nothing much. I have work. I'm seeing if some friends want to do a Halloween themed D&D session that night since Saturday is our D&D night  

Adelgirl

Wealthy Prophet

MachaGirl

Captain Moonwalker

23,625 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Master Medic 150
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:46 pm
smithers456
Sorry to hear that Halloween won't be the same for you. Where I live they have the Youmacon Anime / Cosplay convention in Downtown Detroit. Youmacon is always around Halloween and that is wear I wear my Cosplay outfits. This year it's canceled. I'm curious as to what other Halloween themed food that you hae had? The Willy Wonka costume sounds cool.

A con around Halloween sounds like great fun. As for Halloween food, I made a vegetable platter that looked like a skeleton, and I did zombie cupcakes. I tried to do spider web hard boiled eggs one year, but they didn't turn out like they were supposed to. Below are some photos.
Mummy meatloaf:
User Image

Vegetable skeleton:
User Image

Willy Wonka:
User Image

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:51 pm
angelmage99

You may want to see what cosplay groups there will be your area. You can use it as your Halloween goals. That way next time there is event or group gathering you can still dress up then.

I researched that as soon as I knew where I was moving. xd Thank you, though. biggrin There's a branch of my current Star Wars bad guy costume club in my new area, so I'm looking forward to doing things with them. There are cons in my area (or within a doable driving distance), but no cosplay groups. I plan to start up a meetup group for various geeky activities, including cosplay events, so we'll see how that goes. There's a makerspace group already that doesn't seem to have a lot of activity, so I think I'm going to have to work at it to attract members to a geek club.  

MachaGirl

Captain Moonwalker

23,625 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Master Medic 150

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:55 pm
MachaGirl

A con around Halloween sounds like great fun. As for Halloween food, I made a vegetable platter that looked like a skeleton, and I did zombie cupcakes. I tried to do spider web hard boiled eggs one year, but they didn't turn out like they were supposed to. Below are some photos.
Mummy meatloaf:
User Image

Vegetable skeleton:
User Image

Willy Wonka:
User Image

I Love the picture of the Mummy Meatloaf. I also like your Willy Wonka Cosplay Outfit. Thanks for sharing the photos with us.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:03 pm
Adelgirl
Nothing much. I have work. I'm seeing if some friends want to do a Halloween themed D&D session that night since Saturday is our D&D night

A Halloween themed D&D session sounds cool. I'm curious as to what your group will do. Will it be in a traditional dungeon or something else? I like playing D&D a lot myself. biggrin  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:57 am
MachaGirl
angelmage99

I researched that as soon as I knew where I was moving. xd Thank you, though. biggrin There's a branch of my current Star Wars bad guy costume club in my new area, so I'm looking forward to doing things with them. There are cons in my area (or within a doable driving distance), but no cosplay groups. I plan to start up a meetup group for various geeky activities, including cosplay events, so we'll see how that goes. There's a makerspace group already that doesn't seem to have a lot of activity, so I think I'm going to have to work at it to attract members to a geek club.

Make sure to check other nearby places. Sometimes they will have groups too.

Ex. I live in Southeast Washington and There's a bunch of little towns around three larger towns (that are all separated by a river). All the little towns don't have a large cosplay community, but all the towns do combine around the larger towns to make a community. Our community even includes people in parts of Idaho (mostly for the college students) and Oregon.  
Convention Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff