View Results

Vikabro

Fashionable Cat

12,140 Points
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:54 pm
I thought I'd take a moment to talk about this app I found out about. I might end up sounding like an advertisement but sadly I'm not sponsored. xd

I'll try to explain what this with without the post being too long-winded or going off on a tangent. Which sadly I tend to do sometimes when it comes to long post. The simple explanation would be that you can get metals by completing races at your own pace.

How it works. First, you'd choose what metal you want to get. There are plenty to choose from. When picking a metal you can also choose to get a shirt at an additional price. There is also an option to getting a shirt instead of the metal; but what is the point in that?

When you've have chosen and paid for the metal/race you wish to complete you simply log your walk/jog/bike ride until you finish the race.

I became motivated to earn my second metal when an aunt showed the metals she got from her races. (Actual races and not from Yes.Fit.) I would think it would be nice to get to the point where I can participate in actual races and get metals outside of Yes.Fit.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:00 pm
Oooooh! This sounds supremely interesting to me; thank you for bringing it up!

I recently got back into running (now that my job is not demanding quite as much of my time) and right now I go out 2-3 times a week and run for 65 minutes.

I used to own a FitBit, but I stopped wearing it a couple years back and honestly don't know where it is anymore. But I'd love to be able to "earn" medals!  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

Vikabro

Fashionable Cat

12,140 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:29 pm
Zphal

I recently got back into running (now that my job is not demanding quite as much of my time) and right now I go out 2-3 times a week and run for 65 minutes.

I used to own a FitBit, but I stopped wearing it a couple years back and honestly don't know where it is anymore. But I'd love to be able to "earn" medals!
Luckily you don't really need a Fitbit to use the app. I don't even have one. The metals don't cost way too much. They range from $20 - $30 depending on how long the race it.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:39 pm
Vikabro
Zphal

Luckily you don't really need a Fitbit to use the app. I don't even have one. The metals don't cost way too much. They range from $20 - $30 depending on how long the race it.

Interesting. I'd been hoping there might be some free races too, with just like digital "medals," but this is cool too.  

SA2B Dark Garden

Vikabro

Fashionable Cat

12,140 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:46 pm
SA2B Dark Garden
Vikabro
Zphal

Interesting. I'd been hoping there might be some free races too, with just like digital "medals," but this is cool too.
They do have a membership option that does include exclusive metals you could earn at no additional cost. But technically still not free.

But I do think that would be a neat option.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:53 pm
Vikabro
SA2B Dark Garden
Vikabro
Zphal

They do have a membership option that does include exclusive metals you could earn at no additional cost. But technically still not free.

I'm thinking I may do the Route 66 cuz that's a cool theme.  

KahlantheMotherConfessor

Vikabro

Fashionable Cat

12,140 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:58 pm
KahlantheMotherConfessor
Vikabro
SA2B Dark Garden
Vikabro
Zphal

Nice. I started with Cinderella.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:02 pm
Vikabro
KahlantheMotherConfessor
Vikabro
SA2B Dark Garden
Vikabro
Zphal

I opened the app a second time and it just now offered me a $5 off coupon. rofl  

Multiple Sporkgasm

Vikabro

Fashionable Cat

12,140 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:30 pm
Multiple Sporkgasm
Vikabro
KahlantheMotherConfessor
Vikabro
SA2B Dark Garden

I opened the app a second time and it just now offered me a $5 off coupon. rofl
Nice.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:45 pm
I got a pretty good walk in today even though I honestly didn't really want to do. Tired but glad I went anyway.  

Vikabro

Fashionable Cat

12,140 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50

SA2B Hero Garden

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:50 pm
Vikabro
I got a pretty good walk in today even though I honestly didn't really want to do. Tired but glad I went anyway.

Cool! I went out for a run but didn't realize you had to have the app open for the tracker to track... So even though I did five miles of running, it only captured one. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:55 pm
SA2B Hero Garden
Vikabro

Cool! I went out for a run but didn't realize you had to have the app open for the tracker to track... So even though I did five miles of running, it only captured one. sweatdrop
Yikes.

Though to be honest it took me some time to figure it out too.

So far I'm trying to work up to two miles per walk.  

Vikabro

Fashionable Cat

12,140 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50

SA2B Neutral Garden

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:53 pm
Vikabro
SA2B Hero Garden
Vikabro

Yikes.

That's the way it is whenever you try to figure out a new app or piece of tech! xd  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:11 pm
SA2B Neutral Garden
Vikabro
SA2B Hero Garden
Vikabro

Yikes.

That's the way it is whenever you try to figure out a new app or piece of tech! xd
So true.  

Vikabro

Fashionable Cat

12,140 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:15 am
Vikabro
SA2B Neutral Garden
Vikabro
SA2B Hero Garden
Vikabro

Yikes.

So true.

I think I might have it synced to my Apple Health app now. No time like the present to try; gonna head out on a run as soon as breakfast has settled. smile  
"CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff