Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:27 am
If your avatar was on Match Game, which role would your avatar take:
would your Avatar be a panelist or contestant.

If your avatar was a contestant, which side would your avatar play on, Green or Red?

If your avatar was a panelist, would your avatar sometimes give funny answers for some good laughs?

For those unfamiliar with Match Game, its a game show that ran from 1973-1979. This is the game where punchlines & jokes were more important than prizes & it was a big hit in 1973 when it first aired on CBS where hi-jinks took center stage. The game featured 2 players & 6 panels for each episode. Once on the orange carpet, players try to match the panelists' answers, then the winning player went on to play the Super Match.

Slick Romance

The Sphinxy

Iris Nightfire

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:31 am
My Short brown haired Rapunzel avatar would take the panelist's section.

Here's a sample question:
"A guy walks into a cafe and orders a bagel but after ordering he got a (blank) instead."  

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

The Sphinxy

Dapper Partier

9,850 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:53 pm
AnimusHelixRebirth

If your avatar was a contestant, which side would your avatar play on, Green or Red?

If your avatar was a panelist, would your avatar sometimes give funny answers for some good laughs?

For those unfamiliar with Match Game, its a game show that ran from 1973-1979. This is the game where punchlines & jokes were more important than prizes & it was a big hit in 1973 when it first aired on CBS where hi-jinks took center stage. The game featured 2 players & 6 panels for each episode. Once on the orange carpet, players try to match the panelists' answers, then the winning player went on to play the Super Match.

Slick Romance

The Sphinxy

Iris Nightfire

Just changed mine to a silly cat girl so she would probably be a panelist. lol  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:58 pm
The Sphinxy
AnimusHelixRebirth

Slick Romance

The Sphinxy

Iris Nightfire

Cute. As for the Mermaid sisters, Ai & Xia, would you see them as panelists or contestants?

If they were panelists, I would imagine that they would give funny responses & if there's no match after 2 rounds, there would be a scoreless tie which happened at least once or twice in the television show, resulting in more than one tiebreaker rounds.

So what answers would Ai & Xia give to this punchline question an OOC Game of Match Game as an example:
"At the cafe, the waitress is really odd. (Audience: How odd is she?) I asked her to bring me a candy cookie but instead she brought me a (blank)."

The Sphinxy

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

The Sphinxy

Dapper Partier

9,850 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:35 pm
AnimusHelixRebirth
The Sphinxy
AnimusHelixRebirth

Slick Romance

The Sphinxy

Iris Nightfire

Cute. As for the Mermaid sisters, Ai & Xia, would you see them as panelists or contestants?

If they were panelists, I would imagine that they would give funny responses & if there's no match after 2 rounds, there would be a scoreless tie which happened at least once or twice in the television show, resulting in more than one tiebreaker rounds.

So what answers would Ai & Xia give to this punchline question an OOC Game of Match Game as an example:
"At the cafe, the waitress is really odd. (Audience: How odd is she?) I asked her to bring me a candy cookie but instead she brought me a (blank)."

The Sphinxy

Ai: "A whole cake!"

Xia: "Two girls named Candy and Cookie!" she giggles.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:43 pm
The Sphinxy
AnimusHelixRebirth
The Sphinxy
AnimusHelixRebirth

Slick Romance

The Sphinxy

Iris Nightfire

The Sphinxy

That's a nice sample. When I introduce Match Game 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78 or 79 as an OOC game, there will be more funny punchlines to follow.

The Sphinxy

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

The Sphinxy

Dapper Partier

9,850 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:23 pm
AnimusHelixRebirth
The Sphinxy
AnimusHelixRebirth
The Sphinxy
AnimusHelixRebirth

The Sphinxy

That's a nice sample. When I introduce Match Game 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78 or 79 as an OOC game, there will be more funny punchlines to follow.

The Sphinxy

Cool!  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:17 pm
The Sphinxy
AnimusHelixRebirth
The Sphinxy
AnimusHelixRebirth
The Sphinxy

The Sphinxy

The Sphinxy

Cool!

Thanks. but Match Game will require 2 players and 6 panels to play.  

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:56 am
GuenivereOrion

Hello. So what answer would Princess Athena, Princess Clarion & Maid Allison of Lynari would give to this punchline question in OOC Game of Match Game as an example:
Katie said, "I got the nickname Katie because I read books about the beginnings of (Blank)."  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:03 am
During the Super Match in the 1970s on Match Game, the player would need to guess how the audience answered a punchline question then decide to go with the 3 panelists or chose their own after the panelists pitched in as well.

Throughout the 1970s, Match Game introduced the world to some strange characters such as Old Man Periwinkle, just to name a few.

Match Game rolled the orange carpet into television sets on CBS and featured panelists such as Bert Summers, Charles Nelson Reilly, Betty White & Richard Dawson which became household mainstays. From 1973 to 1979, Match Game dished out Comedy Gold & an All-Star Line up that delivered us several Comedy Gold Moments.  

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
General OOC

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers