View Results

hella uncool

Feral Nerd

10,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:43 am
I just want to let others know because it was terrifying for me before I knew.

ever wake up and your ears are ringing and you hear things? see shadows looming over you and feel a sense if impending doom? and most importantly, can't move no matter how hard you try?

it's sleep paralysis. why it happens? your body releases some kind of chemical while you sleep to prevent you from physically acting out your dreams. if you wake up while your body still releases it, thats what happens.

for about three months I was getting 8 hours of sleep a week because I had no clue wtf it was and it was terrifying. I'd see thin, bony looking shadows looming over me pushing on my chest and stomach.

but it's not dangerous...just something odd to have.
and if it happens to you, don't try and move your whole arm. wiggle your fingers or move your facial muscles. it helps it go away...it also helps to not open your eyes because the hallucinations ^^;;

check it, better info than I can give 3nodding http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:29 pm
That's scary.  

XCrunner178

hella uncool

Feral Nerd

10,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:11 am
XCrunner178
That's scary.
indeed sad  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:14 pm
The only time that's ever happened to me is when I had a reaction to the combination of a headache medication I take and a couple cups of coffee.
But I see shadows and hear whispering all the time. It's never inhibited my movement though.

Persistence_of_Memory

5,650 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Kogru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:34 am
wow. i've woken up with my arms/legs 'asleep' but it goes away quickly.

i've woken up with banchees screaming in my closet, but i screamed back.

i've woken up to bony arms holding me down from the waist... i couldn't move my body...

i've heard someone outside my bedroom door, i open the door (with a weapon in hand) and flung myself backwards because i saw something lung at me... only to see shadows... (that one was creepy as hell. i could literaly see/feel something pounce against me... then nothing...)

but those are just the start ; ;

your sounds creepier though.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:08 pm
That sounds creepy.

Something pretty much the opposite happens to me.

Before I fall alseep I just lay in bed. Sometimes my family's in the kitchen with the light on, when they aren't there usually all the lights are off. If I'm facing the wall, at firs it sseems like it grey(it's really white though^^). After a while, it keeps getting darker, and darker, like something's swallowing up the light in my room. I turn away and cover myself more, then I get hot and under cover myself, then it all repeats.
It seriously creeps me out.  

background tanks

Feline Moonwalker

hella uncool

Feral Nerd

10,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:02 pm
KaijinCharm
That sounds creepy.

Something pretty much the opposite happens to me.

Before I fall alseep I just lay in bed. Sometimes my family's in the kitchen with the light on, when they aren't there usually all the lights are off. If I'm facing the wall, at firs it sseems like it grey(it's really white though^^). After a while, it keeps getting darker, and darker, like something's swallowing up the light in my room. I turn away and cover myself more, then I get hot and under cover myself, then it all repeats.
It seriously creeps me out.

I know what causes that but it's hard to explain...it's like, when you're in a reallydim room and you look at one spot long enough your eyes get used to everything and phase it all out....it's the same reason why you never see your nose between your eyes unless you want to  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:14 am
Not to scare you more or anything, but I'm a medium, and it sounds like you have spirits in your house. O-o  

Kunoichi Suki

6,150 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

hella uncool

Feral Nerd

10,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:40 pm
Kunoichi Suki
Not to scare you more or anything, but I'm a medium, and it sounds like you have spirits in your house. O-o
it feels like it has something to do with that..but I try not to think of it... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:00 pm
If someone does wake me from a deep sleep to fast. I can not move for a while, its a bit weird for me to lay there and not move. My mind is wide awake but not the body.  

Sinmodonly

K1T3

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:55 am
i always carry a cell that rings as if a ton of alarm clocks went off. and a radio that blast staticy k roq music lol. it scares the heck out of me making me jump out of my dream world.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:39 am
I'm getting a bit creeped out. Either there are shadows that I cannot see or invisible ghosts because before I fall asleep and when I'm waking up I feel pressure on me, mainly in the chest area. I'm either insane or some completely invisible creature likes to sit on me o_0. it seriously felt as if something were trying to push me through my bed.  

background tanks

Feline Moonwalker

JaceyJulep

Pure-hearted Conversationalist

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:38 am
i do thaat alot and it is extremly frightening and i wish it didn't happen for the moment you can't move your mind wanders into dream again and you can't decifer wich is wich  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:23 am
KaijinCharm
I'm getting a bit creeped out. Either there are shadows that I cannot see or invisible ghosts because before I fall asleep and when I'm waking up I feel pressure on me, mainly in the chest area. I'm either insane or some completely invisible creature likes to sit on me o_0. it seriously felt as if something were trying to push me through my bed.
yupyup ^__^ thats sleep paralysis hun. check the wiki link 3nodding  

hella uncool

Feral Nerd

10,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100

hella uncool

Feral Nerd

10,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:24 am
K1T3
i always carry a cell that rings as if a ton of alarm clocks went off. and a radio that blast staticy k roq music lol. it scares the heck out of me making me jump out of my dream world.
I tried that, but it always seems to happen about 10 minutes to a half hour before I'm supposed to wake up or right as I'm about to fall asleep >.<  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff