Reply 15. ✿ - - - Polls And Questions
This is going to drive me insane....

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

chobichan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:47 pm
I have two problems, and thought this was the right place to post it cause I'm just gonna ask what to do about them.

I'm Bisexual. I told a few of my friends it, but not my family. I don't know how to tell them yet. But... That's just one of the problems.

I also have to figure out if my friend really understands that I'm Bisexual. She emphasized she wanted to hook me up with a guy. To be honest, I'm more comfortable with girls but I didn't mention it to her, because I thought she already knew. Now I have to figure out if she's really comfortable with my sexuality of if she lied about that... Any ideas on what I should do about these things?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:08 pm
baaa.

Life Issues could have worked as well.
But yea. About your parents, tell them that you need to speak with them and for them not to speak until you're finished. Tell them that you can't help your sexual orientation and no matter what it is, you are still the same person. It might be a shock for them at first but they'll get used to the fact because they love you.

About your friend, tell her how you feel and that you don't want her to hook you up with a guy at the time being. If she already knows, she may need a reminder. If she's uncomfortable about it, she'll just have to learn to accept you for you and remember your other qualities as well.

Hope this helps ^-^;;<3

=]

Tantalizing Turtle

PrettyPurplePandasofDOOM

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:47 pm
dont worrie about it too much. im in the same position as your friend. one of my friends is bi. it took me a long time to get used to it but i did. it takes people a while to understand and when they do it is alot easier to talk to them about it. and as for your parents, you should tell them before any more time passes. the longer you wait, the harder it will seem for you.
well i hope i helped in some way...  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:00 am
If you´re not comfortable about coming out yet, don´t do it. :3 There is nothing wrong with waiting. As for your friend trying to set you up with guys, just tell her that you´re not interested. :] If she persists, just tell the guy that you´re not really interested in dating at the moment, and if your friend doesn´t understand, I´m sure the guy will get the picture. :]  

die kleine Fee

5,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100

TickleMeBreathless

5,550 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:51 am
Tantalizing Turtle
baaa.

Life Issues could have worked as well.
But yea. About your parents, tell them that you need to speak with them and for them not to speak until you're finished. Tell them that you can't help your sexual orientation and no matter what it is, you are still the same person. It might be a shock for them at first but they'll get used to the fact because they love you.

About your friend, tell her how you feel and that you don't want her to hook you up with a guy at the time being. If she already knows, she may need a reminder. If she's uncomfortable about it, she'll just have to learn to accept you for you and remember your other qualities as well.

Hope this helps ^-^;;<3

=]

3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:08 pm
I'm not exactly how to tell your family because alot of families react very different, but for your friends. Maybe every once in a while when your talking if its a good time mention you think a girl is pretty, or that you may have a crush on her or something. If you don't want to straight up tell your friend you could just throw out little hints like that 3nodding  

BrookexBoo

AntiGirlKiwi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:14 pm
My policy has always been that honesty works the best. Bottling it up or hiding it just makes you feel bad about yourself. If you think your friend has misunderstood you, then sit her down and set her straight. It will relieve a lot of tension between the both of you. And if she ends up not really being all that accepting, then she isn't a great friend anyway. But it sounds like she wants to be supportive, so that doesn't seem like too much of an issue.
As far as your family goes, unless you have serious family issues, they love you. They may not be 100% understanding/supportive when you first tell them, but in time they will learn how to care about you for who you are and get over the other stuff.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:29 am
Well, bisexual is complex. Like you said, you are bisexual and lean more towards women. Maybe your friend just assumed it was the other way. Unless you said you were a lesbian I wouldn't read too much into that.  

Kaiyle Brightblade

15. ✿ - - - Polls And Questions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff