Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Stephenie Meyer Guild™

Back to Guilds

Tags: Twilght, Vampire, Jacob, Edward, New mon 

Reply Eclipse
Bella's vampire ability...resist blood? *Eclipse Spoilers* Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aryamenda13

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:06 pm
Stephenie Meyer explained during an interview and again in Eclipse why Edward couldn't affect Bella, because her mind was impenetrable. Edward, Jane, Aro and Demetri's talents just didn't work on her. Jaspers and Alice's gifts worked on Bella because they affected the body.

That got me thinking... it will most likely be the same when Bella is a vampire, maybe even stronger. Does that mean she will be immune to the blood lust, not as necessarily her main ability, but as someone she just HAS? Edward explained in Twilight that vampires wouldn't die if they never ate... that food wasn't a physical need like for humans. And because Bella is immune to things messing with her mind... maybe she won't be affected by the desire for blood. Because really, that's all in your head. You won't die without food.

Anyway it's kind of wistful thinking. I really hope it's true, even though it might be a long shot.
It was just something Bella really began to worry about in the end of Eclipse and the idea just popped into my mind.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:22 pm
When Bella is turned she'll need blood. Even if she was immune, and she didn't attack everyone in her path when she was hungry, she would still just gradually weaker without it. She wouldn't be able to survive on human food, because it wouldn't satisfy her, and like the others she'd just have to cough it up after she ate. It is however a common idea in fanfiction, that maybe Bella won't be tempted by human blood, since she can't stand the smell of it as a human, but it's just a theory. whee  

soveryunpretty75

Colloquial Serendipity

Sweet Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:27 pm
That's a pretty good theory. I guess we'll just have to wait until next year when the last book of the series is released.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:50 am
Maybe you should have put *SPOILERS* in the thread title because some of us havent read Eclipse yet... gonk  

twisted words

Dapper Bloodsucker

Rosalie H

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:19 pm
That is an interesting theory. And it does make sence in a way, but like you said its probably just wishful thinking.
Not drinking blood will not kill them but it does take a toll on their strength.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:30 pm
twisted words
Maybe you should have put *SPOILERS* in the thread title because some of us havent read Eclipse yet... gonk
Sorry about that, done. 3nodding

And in a way, I sort of hope that doesnt happen.

Ive read my fair share of fanfictions that believe this to be the case, and didnt exactly enjoy them. I liked them only a bit more than the "Bella-the-UUUBER-vampire" ones.

But, I guess Stephenie would write it better than any of us could. And that is a very good bit of foreshadowing you picked out too.  

Alisox
Crew

5,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Generous 100

Kitsxchan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:57 am
Stephenie Meyer said shes writing a fourth book, no not Midnight Sun, but I hope that rumor is actually true  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:03 pm
Ive had a lot of thoughts along those lines too. I agree with you (mainly hope) that it is a great possibility that that will be the case when bella turns. Or, maybe she'll just crave animal blood more. Who knows. Ive also been thinking along the lines of any other abilities bella might have. I think it would be pretty cool (and very convenient) if bella could sort of change her skin color, so that she could look human in front of her dad. Her heart wouldnt beat again, but her appearance would change. Again, more wishful thinking on my part. Id be interested in hearing what other people think bella might have in the way of special abilities.  

skl02134

[dancing]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:08 pm
skl02134
Ive had a lot of thoughts along those lines too. I agree with you (mainly hope) that it is a great possibility that that will be the case when bella turns. Or, maybe she'll just crave animal blood more. Who knows. Ive also been thinking along the lines of any other abilities bella might have. I think it would be pretty cool (and very convenient) if bella could sort of change her skin color, so that she could look human in front of her dad. Her heart wouldnt beat again, but her appearance would change. Again, more wishful thinking on my part. Id be interested in hearing what other people think bella might have in the way of special abilities.

That would be pretty cool. But it probably won't happen.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:48 pm

It is a mental thing, yep. And even though blood isnt exactly needed for survival-It'll certaintly keep the vampire alive enough to walk and jump xD Not weak and zombie looking.... Though human blood is supposed to do much more than feed! It makes vampires strong, a lot stronger than they'd be with animal blood, kinda like as if your favorite food in the world gave you EVERYTHING you need and want to reach the ultimate You..

My fear has been that since Bella has her blood phobia- when she's changed, I have no Idea how she will react! x.X It is a mental thing, and if she has such strong reactions to It right now: who knows... It'll be quite interesting though! heart Every vampire is looking forward to her special abilities.. xD

Maybe she'll have the mental ability to block that desire and mind control over other people.. mwahahaha xD

SPOILER! those of you who have not read eclipse... dont read this!

I was really bummed NOThing happened in the book! Just like the last one, jacob-bella-edward drama- sheesh! (except for the little part where victoria and her spawns die..) at least they'll get married at the beginning of the next book and The party will really start!!!
SEX, BLOOD, DEATH, VIOLENCE! all we need... lol jk *blushes*
But bella was hella horny this book!!! I was like- Damn girl! Hold your horses! rofl

Previously Kagome_Kitsune

xDorkable

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:07 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Funny. I was wondering the same thing during the book.
Either she'll be immune to blood, or she'll have some amazing power, one that's better than Edward's, Alice's, Jasper's, etc...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:54 pm
You know, maybe it's a possibility. Near the end of the book, Alice told Bella "You're safe inside your mind. Nothing can get you there." So could vampire-Bella not necesarily be IMMUNE to blood, but use her mind to control her desires? You know, mind over matter? I think that would be something she'd be good at as a vampire.  

Accidental Affinity

rewind r e w i n d

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:27 am
Smart thinking.
I NEVER would've thought of that. =)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:22 pm
she might be she might not be... i just can't wait for the next book to come out! lol i wonder what problems will happen and if she'll finally be married, have sexual encounters, and become a vampire with Edward... *laughs* who knows?

-E.  

Sirius_1290

Rezuri-chanchan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:53 pm
soveryunpretty75
When Bella is turned she'll need blood. Even if she was immune, and she didn't attack everyone in her path when she was hungry, she would still just gradually weaker without it.

considering her theory that may not be the case.

since they can't die, its in there minds really (edwards mind over matter you know) and the fact that new vampires have all that blood from there human lives, she may not lustt. Or lust to bad. She may start off something near Carsile(spellcheck?) ish actually.

She wouldn't become weaker. new vampires are always hungry but they don't need the blood. they are always lusting. But it takes years for the blood they had from being human is used. So she wouldn't get weak for years to come maybe 3-5 years. then she may need a bit. but i think bella will be the most 'vegetarian' of them all

Eclipse

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff