Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
Pan's Labyrinth Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Prince EmoChick

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:49 am
Who seen pan's labyrinth. i've seen it and it was pritty good. What do you think about the movie.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:33 am
I saw it and I loved it! I'm not sure why, but I thought it was really good  

-Crystal Confetti-

Sparkly Lunatic

14,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

mangelixz3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:42 am
wowo this movie is very famous around here.. i´ve seen like 3 other threads .. interesting  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:05 pm
I loved it. That Commander dude reminded me of Hitler. D:

J3wels

Prince EmoChick

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:29 pm
J3wel
I loved it. That Commander dude reminded me of Hitler. D:

Ya he dose if yiou think about it  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:38 am
the wicked stepfather at his best!  

rocksteadyandbebop

Misfit_the

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:22 am
I think it is great because it so seamlessly switches between reality and fantasy... and does it so well that we never question why there is a mythical Faun in the middle of a Spanish Revolution movie. I love the ending as well where its up to you to decide if all that was real or in her head... personally I have found things in the movie that point to it being real no matter what... Also Del Toro made all the beasts to represent something like fascism and communism... I'm pretty sure the toad was communism but I dont have much knowledge on the topic.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:43 am
Great movie, so many underlying things that you've to read rather than just watch and hear. And like the guy above me said, having to decide the ending for yourself.

Very good. I liked it and probably always will.  

Marcus McFlufferson

rocksteadyandbebop

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:52 pm
Misfit_the
I think it is great because it so seamlessly switches between reality and fantasy... and does it so well that we never question why there is a mythical Faun in the middle of a Spanish Revolution movie. I love the ending as well where its up to you to decide if all that was real or in her head... personally I have found things in the movie that point to it being real no matter what... Also Del Toro made all the beasts to represent something like fascism and communism... I'm pretty sure the toad was communism but I dont have much knowledge on the topic.

well said!  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:17 pm
rocksteadyandbebop
Misfit_the

well said!

Thank you... I guess another question to ask you guys about this movie is whether you thought in the end whether it was real or not.  

Misfit_the

greenamethyst

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:29 pm
crying Great movie, a real tear jerker!  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:03 pm
i wanted everything to be real and for her to be a princess.  

rocksteadyandbebop

RedWhiteBlack
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:01 pm
The idealist inside me said "It's all real! Ofelia really is a princess!". However, I know that it was just her imagination. A fantasy world created by her to cope with the outside world. I'm positive that each of the 3 tasks she is set upon directly relate back to reality. Like it was said, the toad probably does represent communism or, at least, some other form of extremist government. The pale man could represent the opposite of the toad or something very much similar to it. I'm not quite sure yet. However, I'm almost positive that her baby brother represents the opposite of both the toad and the pale man.

I need to go watch the movie again so I can clear all my muddled thoughts up!  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:46 am
this movie is up there with the best

its really sad wat that jerk of a step-father did to her
that b*****d crying
he got wat was comin to him twisted  

i-ViiCiOUS-whoRe

rocksteadyandbebop

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:40 pm
that whole movie overflowed with suffering. i had to stop it at certain parts.  
T3h Movie World

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff