Candidite Barracks Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dragon_Lady_Selene
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:46 am
Where you stay until the Hatching. It is divided, with girls on the right side and boys on the left. The barracks are close to the Hatching Sands. There is also a small sitting room where the candidates can sit around and socialize or just do anything at all that they please (this helps them get to know candidates of the opposite sex, as girls are not allowed on the boys' side and vice versa).  
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 3:56 pm
Shanira walked into the candidates' barracks, mentally calculating te differences between Ieirne Weyr and Southern Weyr, where she had once been presented as a candidate. It wasn't too different, and she supposed that was normal, as was the complete lack of personality. That was understandable, since candidates were only housed there for a short period of time. Sighing, she slumped onto one of the long, padded couches and let her travel sack fall to the floor.

"I hope I Impress this time," she murmured, and wondered where the other candidates were.  

Silverspun_lining

TheUnicornGirl

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 2:52 pm
Lennah sulked into the girls' barracks and thunked down on her bed. Not even in the weyr two days, and she had already been reprimanded by the Weyrleader himself! She flung herself back onto the pillow, furious with her silliness. Jarde climbed up onto her chest and nuzzled against her clutched hands, crooning concernedly at her. After a few minutes of fuming she finally sat up and comforted the little lizard, taking some quiet time for herself before going down to the kitchens to help prepare lunch. While she was here in the weyr, she might as well do something productive.  
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 3:40 pm
((I know. greenrider_calidar already approved me.))  

Silverspun_lining

Dragon_Lady_Selene
Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 9:37 pm
((Okay, just making sure. Sorry about that, it's just that we've had people who just jumped in without reading the rules.))

Marna looked around the barracks and sighed as she finally found an empty cot. She hated being without her brother but this the girl's section and he couldn't be here. At least she still had Rain with her.

The little green chirped at her encouragingly and rubbed her head against her bonded's cheek.

"Thanks Rain, I needed that."  
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 1:05 pm
Shanira looked up as a girl entered the barracks with a fire lizard friend. The girl only stayed for a few minutes, not long enough for Shanira to work up enough courage to introduce herself. Sighing, she claimed a cot near the back of the barracks and proceeded to set up her few personal items. She was so intent on her task that she almost did not hear the other girl enter. When the candidate spoke to her fire lizard, Shanira whirled. Berating herself fiercely for her illogical reaction, Shanira shook off her natural shyness and strode forward.

"Hi, there," she said. "I'm Shanira."  

Silverspun_lining

Dragon_Lady_Selene
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 10:58 pm
Marna looked up from Rain, clearly startled. Her own inate shyness kept her silent for a moment before her green companion chirped at her and she offered the other candidite a shy smile. "Hello there, I'm Marna." She gestured at the green on her shoudler. "And this beautiful darling here is Rain." She took a step forward to get a better look at the girl. "Did you only just arrive here?"  
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 3:53 pm
Shanira nodded.

"Yeah," she said. "Ieirne looks like a beautiful place. I've only ever been to Southern Hold and Weyr, so this is a good oportunity for me to broaden my horizons, as my mother would say."

Shanira was a little glad that the other girl, Marna, was shy as well. She would have felt a little uncomfortable if another candidate had poured out her whole heart to her, like they'd known each other their whole lives. Friendships weren't things that could be made in an instant. They took time, and you had to work for them. Shanira hoped that she and Marna both Impressed, so they could get to know each other better.  

Silverspun_lining

Dragon_Lady_Selene
Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 9:16 am
Marna nodded. "My mother says something like that too, I guess mothers are just like that." She shrugged. "So...how long have you been here? Have you chosen a cot yet?" Her eyes widened and a hand came up and covered her mouth. "I'm sorry, that was rude. My mother always says questions are good things, it means your curious, but to many questions asked is just obnoxious."

Rain chirped at her again, then over at the other candidite.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:48 pm
"Don't worry about it," Shanira said, smiling first at Marna, then at the little fire lizard. "After all, if you never ask questions, you never get any answers. I, for one, like to know things. I've only been here for a few minutes, which is why I'm not already down in the Lower Caverns with a mug of klah. It always helps to warm me up after a trip between. The cot at the far end of the hall is mine." She pointed to the appropriate space at back of the hall, where her now empty bag was lying on the blanket. "Have you been here long enough to meet anyone? Sorry if I'm being forward, but I'm a bit shy of people, and I'm trying to work up the courage to go talk to someone."

She laughed a bit nervously and fingered the hem of her plain tunic. It was true; she always needed at least a moment or two to steel herself against the prospect of introducing herself to strangers. It had been the same at Southern Weyr.  

Silverspun_lining

Dragon_Lady_Selene
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:24 am
Marna shook her head. "No, I've only been here a few days. The only people I know are my brother Wren and the bluerider who Searched us named T'gal." She offered the other candidite a smile. "At least we know each other."  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:41 pm
"That's a good point," Shanira said cheerfully. Just then, her stomach growled, and Shanira's face turned pink in embarrassment. She laughed a little. "Heh. I guess my stomach has more sense than I do. I haven't eaten since this morning, and that was a light meal. Shall we go look for some food? There's bound to be something."

((Heh heh. My stomach really is rumbling. sweatdrop It just goes to show how much a person's physical state can affect their writing style.))  

Silverspun_lining

Dragon_Lady_Selene
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:23 pm
Marna nodded. "Alright, food sounds great. We should go to the Dining Hall, they should be serving lunch about now. We can sit together too if you'd like. Maybe my brother will even be there and I can introduce you to him."

Rain chirped an agreement and launched herself off of Marna's shoulder and promptly betweened.

Marna laughed. "Rain will meet us there."

((Wanna go to the thread where the Dining Hall is?))  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:58 pm
((Sure. Meet you there. ^_^ ))

"Alright," Shanira said, laughing a bit at the little fire lizard's eagerness. "I'd love to meet your brother. Let's go."

She smiled at her new friend, exited the barracks, following her nose to the Dining Hall.  

Silverspun_lining

Ierne Weyr

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces