Submit

hella uncool

Feral Nerd

10,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:40 pm
So my boyfriend is a wonderful, amazing person in sooo many ways! He's somewhat nerdy and yet exstremely social. He's very clean and has great manners. He's also one of those people everyone tends to think is awesome.

he's in college now, about two hours away.(he's not able to get a ride back home often and I can't drive) I've been cheated on before by two other guys so I always worry that the same is going to happen with him...he talks to me every day and tells me about who he met and whether or not he made new friends. usually it's guys on the same floor as him in the dorms but every time he mentions a girl even if he only says one sentence I worry like hell about it. I really do trust him to the fullest extent that I've ever trusted anyone but yet I still worry. I even talked to him about my worry and he told me he'd seriously rather be dead than hurt me like that. I could tell by his voice that he really meant it. He went on for about 20 minutes telling me how much he loved me and then about how he worries about me worrying.
even with all that he said to try and make me feel better and reassure me I still worry and I feel bad about it...I absolutely refuse to break up with him over this worry and the distance doesn't bug me. But I feel so bad about worrying! It feels like I'm betraying my trust for him...

any advice??

EDIT: and I just remembered to add on so there's no "how old are you" things. I'm 17 and a senior in high school, he's 18 and a freshman in cllege  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:09 pm
ummm ... think about it u might just need sum time wut else can i say? how long have u guys been dating?

edit : during the first few months of my 1st ( n still going ) relationship i thought he liked sum one else Dx when he thought i liked sum one else xD we had a talk bout it n it was ok

p.s if they cheat on u they arent worth ur time they are just jerks srry u had to meet them early  

Heavenly Paradise

Beloved Seeker

hella uncool

Feral Nerd

10,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:50 pm
Heavenly Paradise
ummm ... think about it u might just need sum time wut else can i say? how long have u guys been dating?

edit : during the first few months of my 1st ( n still going ) relationship i thought he liked sum one else Dx when he thought i liked sum one else xD we had a talk bout it n it was ok

p.s if they cheat on u they arent worth ur time they are just jerks srry u had to meet them early
we haven't been together too long. just since march 23 of this year. about 4 months isn't to long to me.

but he's so great and we've never gotten frustrated with each other and haven't even bickered and neither of us harbor any bad feelings towards each other. I'm just waiting for him to realize he desrves better than me or something...I have really really bad skin so I know I'm not the prettiest girl out there. I'm sure there's a pretty girl who's far superior to me out there.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:03 pm
hella uncool
Heavenly Paradise

we haven't been together too long. just since march 23 of this year. about 4 months isn't to long to me.

but he's so great and we've never gotten frustrated with each other and haven't even bickered and neither of us harbor any bad feelings towards each other. I'm just waiting for him to realize he desrves better than me or something...I have really really bad skin so I know I'm not the prettiest girl out there. I'm sure there's a pretty girl who's far superior to me out there.

ur pretty to him ur relationship is great n it could go on 4ver so dont let it go only if u haveta

gonk i fought wit ma bf b4 but it was resolved oh n march? that cant b just 4 months ... i've been wit mine since march 9th its gonna b the 7th month ... o.O how can urs b the 4th?  

Heavenly Paradise

Beloved Seeker

moose joose x3

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:54 pm
Heavenly Paradise
hella uncool
Heavenly Paradise

ur pretty to him ur relationship is great n it could go on 4ver so dont let it go only if u haveta

gonk i fought wit ma bf b4 but it was resolved oh n march? that cant b just 4 months ... i've been wit mine since march 9th its gonna b the 7th month ... o.O how can urs b the 4th?
(this is my mule) it didn't start on march 1st you know. and it's not the end of september. I don't really count march into it since we started dating on the 23rd  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:58 am
hella uncool
So my boyfriend is a wonderful, amazing person in sooo many ways! He's somewhat nerdy and yet exstremely social. He's very clean and has great manners. He's also one of those people everyone tends to think is awesome.

he's in college now, about two hours away.(he's not able to get a ride back home often and I can't drive) I've been cheated on before by two other guys so I always worry that the same is going to happen with him...he talks to me every day and tells me about who he met and whether or not he made new friends. usually it's guys on the same floor as him in the dorms but every time he mentions a girl even if he only says one sentence I worry like hell about it. I really do trust him to the fullest extent that I've ever trusted anyone but yet I still worry. I even talked to him about my worry and he told me he'd seriously rather be dead than hurt me like that. I could tell by his voice that he really meant it. He went on for about 20 minutes telling me how much he loved me and then about how he worries about me worrying.
even with all that he said to try and make me feel better and reassure me I still worry and I feel bad about it...I absolutely refuse to break up with him over this worry and the distance doesn't bug me. But I feel so bad about worrying! It feels like I'm betraying my trust for him...

any advice??

EDIT: and I just remembered to add on so there's no "how old are you" things. I'm 17 and a senior in high school, he's 18 and a freshman in cllege

nah, dont break up with him. but I'm going to be very honest in this post. lets face facts... due to past experiences with other guys you *dont* trust him due to association. I think it is quite natural, and I've kinda been there. trust issues run deep which is why they say it's the hardest thing to gain back. you need to over come this fear. when will you be able to get a license and a car? long distance relationships are incredibly stressful (again, been there.. a few times), and in most cases dont last. and not being able to get to eachother makes it worse. if that obstacle can be alleviated somehow then you guys have a better chance.  

Calypsophia

hella uncool

Feral Nerd

10,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:34 pm
lilraine
hella uncool

any advice??

nah, dont break up with him. but I'm going to be very honest in this post. lets face facts... due to past experiences with other guys you *dont* trust him due to association. I think it is quite natural, and I've kinda been there. trust issues run deep which is why they say it's the hardest thing to gain back. you need to over come this fear. when will you be able to get a license and a car? long distance relationships are incredibly stressful (again, been there.. a few times), and in most cases don't last. and not being able to get to each other makes it worse. if that obstacle can be alleviated somehow then you guys have a better chance.

actually, the distance issue sort of solved itself today. he told me he has a friend that lives nearby him back here where he actually lives that also goes to the same college. He offered to give him a ride back whenever he needs it. then he has another friend that's an hour away from his college but he also lives in the same area back here and he passes my boyfriends college on the way home. He also offered rides. so I'm feeling quite relieved.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:51 pm
whoa I'm like that too! where you start freaking out and over analyzing... but anyway, since you say you trust him, and it sounds like he's innocent I would trust him and not freak out about it.

this entire thread made me want to sing Listen to Your Heart. [/random thought]  

Ms._Fashion_Victim_2006

Sotur

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:58 am
i agree with liraine, bcs of past experiences u r still feeling like this, regardless of how much u *think* u trust him.

altho in my case it's different [bcs i've never been cheated on...since the relationship i'm in happens to be the 1st one; i'm 20, btw], i'm on the same boat except it's not him who went to college 3 hrs away, it was me. and i'm the one with the car and liscence [tho currently no car bcs sis crashed it, still getting fixed, blah blah, end story i don't have a car at this very moment]. it's true, long distance relationships are extremely difficult, specially on college time. while he may have a ride, he will more than likely have lots of things to do [eventually] in which case u guys might go 2 weeks without seeing eachother [BEEN THERE].

also, instead of feeling bad for worrying, try to slowly work it out. we all know it's normal [considering ur past experiences], so instead of feeling guilty, try and work around it. it's normal to worry, i do too sometimes [in truth, not that much, but i still do occasionally] even tho i've never been cheated on, even tho i fuly trust him [and he trusts me, too, bcs i have a knack of always knowing more guys than girls, so while IN THAT SENSE he would have more than enough material to worry about it, he trusts me greatly].

lastly, 4 months may not be a great deal of time, but it's *long enough to be considered long* if u consider other people's relationships....tho that really IS besides the point. what i was gonna say is that "problems" and "far worse bickering" usually happens after the 6 months [been there]. HOWEVER!! regardless of when it might happen, if there's really something there, talk it out. relationships are NOWHERE NEAR "always peachy". the KEY to a good relationship ISN'T NOT FIGHTING, IT'S GETTING PAST IT, it's talking it out, reaching a balance, working past it. most ppl break up bcs they don't talk [excuse the cliché, tho in my opinion, if it's a cliché it's bcs it's been around long enough, bcs IT'S TRUE]. my boyfriend and i have been together for 2 years now, and it was in fact on our 6-month "anniversary" that we had a HUGE @$$ FIGHT. he almost broke up with me [he considered it, he told me so]. BUT we talked about it, after he had had time to cool down of course. we r still together and love each other very much. we talk evry day even tho we only see eachother once a week, if not once evry 2 weeks [doesn't happen often, THANK GOD]. so my point is: bickering isn't the problem, not talking and not working it out IS. keep that in mind.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:01 pm
It sounds like he's one of those rare find guys... He doesn't sound like the type that'd cheat on you or anything. But worry isn't bad in this scenerio, it helps you stay alert. Showing worry about him cheating and expressing it to him says you will wait for him and it'll most likely stay floating around in his head when he might be faced with temptation and most likely guide him away from that path.

It's normal for you to be worried about him being so distant. Is the basic jist.

I hope this helped you in some way.

Tarrien

Feral Mystic

21,325 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Timid 100

hella uncool

Feral Nerd

10,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:37 pm
Fenera
It sounds like he's one of those rare find guys... He doesn't sound like the type that'd cheat on you or anything. But worry isn't bad in this scenerio, it helps you stay alert. Showing worry about him cheating and expressing it to him says you will wait for him and it'll most likely stay floating around in his head when he might be faced with temptation and most likely guide him away from that path.

It's normal for you to be worried about him being so distant. Is the basic jist.

yes, it helped ^___^ all of you are helpful whee I feel better  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:19 pm
don't put past experiences into ur relationships. it's like adding mustard to friggin chile soup. it doesn't mix well. so don't think about it. don't think of the past. instead the future. plan somethign romantic. like disneyland or something.  

K1T3

greendew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:10 pm
I know what it feels like except I can't see my boyfriend till I return to the states hopefully next summer. I worry but he tells me not to and the only choices I have are to break up with him or trust him. I trust him fully because I have talked out my worries before with him and found out he worries more about me cheating than him. He has some of his friends here keep on eye on me, which is sweet and annoying at the same time. Talk to him and see what his feelings are, I bet its not one sided worry.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:29 pm
The advice from the old woman:

If you think he's honest, he probably is honest. If you can hear his mean it in his tone, trust your gut and believe him. Keep in touch and keep your spirits up. He'll love you all the more if when you talk to him you're genuinely happy to be spending time talking, rather than being jealous or worrysome. Enjoy the time you get together.

Plan some times that you can come and see him, if possible. Whatever your time and budget allows. Honestly, when people are seperated, you start to think of all the *good* things about the person you care about, and forget most of the bad - it makes the times together so much better.

Really, the only way it gets ruined is if one or both people are constantly jealous or angry or sad when they both get together. That makes the other person wonder "Is this really worth it?" and start looking for someone else.

So, if he's honest, trust yourself, trust him, and enjoy what time you do spend together - make it happy and make it worth remembering.  

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

Calypsophia

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:03 am
hella uncool
Fenera

yes, it helped ^___^ all of you are helpful whee I feel better

very good I'm happy to hear it hon razz  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out