Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

post a comment?
  yes
  nooo
View Results

Anabethe

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:33 pm
when i was in highschool i was so excited that i will be a college student. now im in college and i wish that i was back in highschool. my friends went to different colleges. some of my friends that are in the same college as me i barely see. i havent really made friends. all i do is go to school, come home do hw. thats the cycle ive been doing everyday. one of my best friends is a h.s senior and i barely get to hang out with her anymore. mann this sucks! crying  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:23 pm
Sounds like maybe you should figure out a day where you and an old buddy aren't busy and just hang out.  

Tarrien

Feral Mystic

21,325 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Timid 100

Anabethe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:05 pm
i dont know.. my close close friends are away. and one of my best friends call me on weekends.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:31 pm
your college must have some kinds of clubs. join one you like, you'll make friends that share the same interests. Or join one that seems different but interesting to meet cool people that are different. do you have a room-mate? You'll end u friends with her sooner or later if you aren't right now and if that just flat out fails I'm sure the college will let you move into a different dorm. talk to people you've made acquaintances with more.  

hella uncool

Feral Nerd

10,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100

Sprockette

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:25 pm
hella uncool
your college must have some kinds of clubs. join one you like, you'll make friends that share the same interests. Or join one that seems different but interesting to meet cool people that are different. do you have a room-mate? You'll end u friends with her sooner or later if you aren't right now and if that just flat out fails I'm sure the college will let you move into a different dorm. talk to people you've made acquaintances with more.

I agree with her,don't stress things out to much.let things kinda naturally weork themselves out.
Im sure you'll make friends! mrgreen  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:20 pm
i guess u guys are right. thanks for the help! i was thinking about joining the drama club but learning lines and doing a massive amount of hw will kinda drain the life out of me although i do enjoy acting. i think i might join it next year. and i started talking to people and making friends!!^_^i guess this year wont be as bad as i thought it would be.  

Anabethe

Sprockette

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:32 pm
Thats great!
Im glad for you! ^_^ mrgreen  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:10 am
this is probably not necessary anymore, but here it goes anyway: the beggining of the first year of college is usually like that: no one to talk to, etc. but after a while u meet ppl in classes and get together to study, hand out, and such. it takes time, but eventually it'll happen. i was like that, too. but by now [3rd yr] it's much better. i got many more ppl to hang out with, and it's much better than being a loner. so really, it's all about time.

as for the drama club, perhaps waiting a yr is best. that gives u the necessary time to catch the rythm of how things are in ur college and then u can manage time much better. then u can join and do other stuff besides studying [bcs then u'll know just how much time u need, and how much time u have left to do other stuff].  

Sotur

Anabethe

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:41 pm
Sotur
this is probably not necessary anymore, but here it goes anyway: the beggining of the first year of college is usually like that: no one to talk to, etc. but after a while u meet ppl in classes and get together to study, hand out, and such. it takes time, but eventually it'll happen. i was like that, too. but by now [3rd yr] it's much better. i got many more ppl to hang out with, and it's much better than being a loner. so really, it's all about time.

as for the drama club, perhaps waiting a yr is best. that gives u the necessary time to catch the rythm of how things are in ur college and then u can manage time much better. then u can join and do other stuff besides studying [bcs then u'll know just how much time u need, and how much time u have left to do other stuff].

your completely right. right now im wishing it was vacation so that i could sleep late.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:50 pm
that happens. and once u get ur vacations, the first few days it's a blast, but then u get bored and can't wait for classes to begin so u'll finally have something different to do [not to mention see ur friends again].  

Sotur

ducttapekitty

Demonic Raider

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:34 pm
college is hard to adjust to at first
i certainly missed my friends but then i joined
some things and just started talking to people in my classes
ive made a bunch of great friends  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:15 pm
I hope i have your luck. the only thing people realize is that im smart. they come to me before a test and ask me a bunch of questions. other than that they dont really talk to me>.<  

Anabethe

The Coffee Destroyer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:42 am
try clubs or if you want you can talk to the counseler.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:22 pm
no way ive been avoiding to go to any type of councelor. but i think i might join a club^_^ thank you^_^  

Anabethe

jerryfurok

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:37 pm
i know how u feel but the best way to meet pll is to be nice
there r most likly campus activities like dances or an event that u may be able to join up with a friend maybe  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff