Which interests you more?
  358/2 Days
  Birth by Sleep
  Both
View Results

RosesShadow

Shy Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:17 pm
All information is credited from KHinsider.

~Hopefully, this will help get the guild back into a more active state. And I'm sorry if this belongs in the 'KH...3' speculation subforum.

Big news for those of you who haven't already heard: Square-Enix has confirmed three new Kingdom Hearts games.

358/2 Days: For the DS. Focuses on Roxas and what he'd been up to during the time Sora spent asleep. Apparently you're able to play as other Organization members during certain parts. And, (as the norm for SE to make random twists) there's a new, fourteenth member of the Organization that is a female. No pictures or element/weapon known about this character yet.

(Sept.26)
~Meant to revolve around the daily life of the Organization. It will reveal Roxas's intentions upon joining and leaving the Org. The battle between Roxas and Riku will, of course, be present.
All the Org. members are available in multiplayer mode, which is not related to the story at all and is simply for enjoyment. Missions can be replayed endlessly after defeating the area boss. There are different missions available for each character, and after a mission is completed an Org.'s chair will raise a little higher.
The 14th member is a 'key character to the story'. And the title may only be understood after completing the game.

Confirmed Worlds
Alice in Wonderland
Twilight Town
The World That Never Was

Birth by Sleep: For the PSP. Heading into the past where Sunset Horizons took place, there are the three Keyblade warriors we're about to learn about: Terra, Ven, and Aqua (though, she hasn't made a confirmed appearance yet); Ven happens to be the real mystery to me due to his likeness to Roxas. The bald man present in the secret movie is called 'Master Xehanort' -it's befuddling how this man and the Xehanort we're familiar with are connected.

(Sept 26)
~The storyline continues through three separate people, each of them having their own gameplay style. That being said, the battle system is new compared to what's been seen in the KH series.
It was said the 'Keyblade Master' is someone that hasn't yet appeared in the series. It's meant to be a complex and serious game with a mystery behind each of the characters.
~Goes back 10 years before the KH storyline. A new leveling system had been added where the player must meet four obligations with a scenario (pending). The new enemies are neither Heartless nor Nobody as 'the story takes place even before they appear'.

Confirmed Worlds
Olympus Colosseum
Sleeping Beauty
Hollow Bastion/Radiant Garden
Sunset Horizons
Destiny Islands
~Cinderella (possibly deducted from an image of a staircase)

Coded: This game is available on mobile (and only in Japan, as with Before Crisis) so it won't really concern us. Jiminy seems to be searching through his journal when he comes across an entry he wasn't aware of: "You need to return, to heal the wounds", or some other variation akin to this saying. It follows a virtual (KH) Sora around on his previous adventures. There's some feature called 'debugging' that lets Sora move very quickly before vanishing. Really odd.

(Sept 27)
Considering sending the game overseas. Right now they're working out the bugs and the delay time may be even further due to incompatibility with graphics.
(Sept 26)
~This game is meant to reveal what and where Riku and Mickey were during KH. Debugging is now said to move from the data to the real world.

Confirmed Worlds
Traverse Town
Disney Castle

For those of you who don't have both of the former two systems it's up to you to choose whether to obtain them. Seeing as I lack either of them, I'm having some difficulty choosing...haha. sweatdrop

*______________________________________________________*

~After reviewing a scene involving Terra present on a beach (Destiny Islands?) where he says: "Please don't depend on me, just erase me...friend," this may have contributed to the appearance of KH's main antagonist. And there's that 'friend' bit Xemnas was preoccupied with in FM. As it was Aqua's armor then, and because she seems to be more skilled in magic, she may have come up with a ...'spell' to do this. sweatdrop Just speculation on my part.

...It'd be really bad for SE to have Aqua's...'Nobody' as that 14th member. Just, really, really bad. Who knows what they're thinking of.

*____*

~Continuing my speculation on Terra from my previous comment. As I'm pretty sure Terra is the Unknown Soldier present in the portal from Disney Castle I found a better translation of what he was saying in the cutscenes:

"Keyblade...who are you? I can feel it...we have met before. It was when before...No, it isn't you. It isn't you that I have chosen. Why is it not him. Xehanort...is that you?"

And if Terra was on Destiny Islands possibly watching Riku and Sora playing, then it's clear to say that it's Riku he's speaking of. There was a scene back in Kingdom Hearts that had little Riku find the keyhole on the door -this could be around the time when Terra showed up; the Meteor shower that brought Kairi, perhaps? A not-as-obvious princess of heart that needed to be protected in some way? Again, just my opinion.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:04 am
Man, I really wanted to play those game but I don't have the game systems. gonk I really like to play Axel in the DS. As for the fourteenth member, I doubt about her being Aqua's Nobody. However, it's too bad that she died shortly. sweatdrop  

Jisen Meizuki

Stubborn Gifter

Zizima

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:28 am

Maybe 358/2 interests me more. 'Cause I have no PSP but I have DS. :'D And I want to play as Axel! 8D Meh heaven~ And Roxas's life interests me still. And... Guh, I want both games! WHY I AM SO POOR?!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:50 am
Rawr.

God I'm happy! If I ace my exams with Christmas, I get a Wii, and maybe, if my grades stay good, I will get a PSP for my birthday! biggrin

Oh, and I already have a DS, so I will be able to have both games! cool  

x- Ryed Raevin -x

RosesShadow

Shy Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:02 am
We're all poor. xp This is one of those times I wish SE would have their games available on other systems. I would love to play as other Org. members and find out what Roxas was up to before KHII, but learning KH's backstory would be very informative, too. Oi...save up for one and get the other one a few years later? sweatdrop

Jisen: I would hope so. It's true that she wasn't present during the KH timeline but SE has a habit of including odd plot twists and say that 'it was happening all along'. xp  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:34 pm
RosesShadow

~Continuing my speculation on Terra from my previous comment. As I'm pretty sure Terra is the Unknown Soldier present in the portal from Disney Castle I found a better translation of what he was saying in the cutscenes:

"Keyblade...who are you? I can feel it...we have met before. It was when before...No, it isn't you. It isn't you that I have chosen. Why is it not him. Xehanort...is that you?"

And if Terra was on Destiny Islands possibly watching Riku and Sora playing, then it's clear to say that it's Riku he's speaking of. There was a scene back in Kingdom Hearts that had little Riku find the keyhole on the door -this could be around the time when Terra showed up; the Meteor shower that brought Kairi, perhaps? A not-as-obvious princess of heart that needed to be protected in some way? Again, just my opinion.

I think that he's looking for Xemnas not riku  

Fire_Queen713

RosesShadow

Shy Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:08 pm
Fire_Queen713

I think that he's looking for Xemnas not riku

Terra should have no idea of Xemnas' existance -only Xehanort's (but, yes, they're essentially part the same being. If he does show up Terra can battle him; but here he would be speaking of Riku in 'good terms' -until he realizes Sora's not him and becomes confused). Why I believed he spoke of Riku is because of what was seen in Birth by Sleep where Terra's watching Riku play. It could be that he chose Riku to be the next eligible 'canditate' (but then when you think about the Keyblade choosing its own master...eh) to carry on the safety of the worlds. Xehanort was still at large (as seen in KH when Sora came across his heartless).

Anyway, that scene would have been associated with the past; which I must reiterate with Xemnas not having been 'born' until much later. It has to be Riku.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:27 pm
RosesShadow

Terra should have no idea of Xemnas' existance -only Xehanort's (but, yes, they're essentially part the same being. If he does show up Terra can battle him; but here he would be speaking of Riku in 'good terms' -until he realizes Sora's not him and becomes confused). Why I believed he spoke of Riku is because of what was seen in Birth by Sleep where Terra's watching Riku play. It could be that he chose Riku to be the next eligible 'canditate' (but then when you think about the Keyblade choosing its own master...eh) to carry on the safety of the worlds. Xehanort was still at large (as seen in KH when Sora came across his heartless).

Anyway, that scene would have been associated with the past; which I must reiterate with Xemnas not having been 'born' until much later. It has to be Riku.

wait Riku is younger then Xemnas and Xemnas went into this scerat room and there was aqua's suit and her keyblade and he said "its been to long my friend" and theres another place with with another "friend" there and if he watch riku when he was growing up then why wouldnt he know his name?  

Fire_Queen713

RosesShadow

Shy Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:43 pm
Fire_Queen713

wait Riku is younger then Xemnas and Xemnas went into this scerat room and there was aqua's suit and her keyblade and he said "its been to long my friend" and theres another place with with another "friend" there and if he watch riku when he was growing up then why wouldnt he know his name?

....Puncuation please. Illiterate posts blind me.

You're talking about the Room of Sleep, right? That's part of the discussion on figuring out just who 'Xehanort' is and how he's connected to the past Xehanort and possibly Terra.

...And I don't quite understand what you wanted to say in the midst of that. Other than that, Terra may have watched over Riku for some time (perhaps even limited to a few hours) but he was never mentioned in KH to anchor him down as a key character; another surprise from the past we weren't aware of. Terra may have known his name but didn't say so during the secret battle -he wanted to make sure it was him. And once he did they could get a better conversation going. Sora showed up instead (and he only told us a vague "What I sensed in you is..." (Some connection to Ven comes to mind. I have no idea of its validity, though.) So we can only wait for a better explanation in Birth by Sleep.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:05 am
RosesShadow
I would hope so. It's true that she wasn't present during the KH timeline but SE has a habit of including odd plot twists and say that 'it was happening all along'. xp

Truth be told, I like how the Organization are right now, XIII. No more other members and whatsoever. Actually, the fourteenth member only appear during the short period of time when Sora was sleeping. That would mean it must have happened when Roxas was still a member of the Organization before quitting to find the truth of why he was chosen by the Keyblade. However, I wonder how she died. Either by battle or being used as an experience. sweatdrop  

Jisen Meizuki

Stubborn Gifter

Fire_Queen713

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:44 pm
Jisen Meizuki
RosesShadow
I would hope so. It's true that she wasn't present during the KH timeline but SE has a habit of including odd plot twists and say that 'it was happening all along'. xp

Truth be told, I like how the Organization are right now, XIII. No more other members and whatsoever. Actually, the fourteenth member only appear during the short period of time when Sora was sleeping. That would mean it must have happened when Roxas was still a member of the Organization before quitting to find the truth of why he was chosen by the Keyblade. However, I wonder how she died. Either by battle or being used as an experience. sweatdrop

Yeah i dont like the though of a fourteenth member either.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:46 pm
RosesShadow

You're talking about the Room of Sleep, right? That's part of the discussion on figuring out just who 'Xehanort' is and how he's connected to the past Xehanort and possibly Terra.

...And I don't quite understand what you wanted to say in the midst of that. Other than that, Terra may have watched over Riku for some time (perhaps even limited to a few hours) but he was never mentioned in KH to anchor him down as a key character; another surprise from the past we weren't aware of. Terra may have known his name but didn't say so during the secret battle -he wanted to make sure it was him. And once he did they could get a better conversation going. Sora showed up instead (and he only told us a vague "What I sensed in you is..." (Some connection to Ven comes to mind. I have no idea of its validity, though.) So we can only wait for a better explanation in Birth by Sleep.

I think Terra is Xemnas because Terra looks like him but with brown hair and at the end of the secret movie his eye color changed to the same as Xemnas.  

Fire_Queen713

x- Ryed Raevin -x

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:05 am
Fire_Queen713
RosesShadow

I think Terra is Xemnas because Terra looks like him but with brown hair and at the end of the secret movie his eye color changed to the same as Xemnas.

Hmm, let's see...

SE made us think Xemnases someone is Xehanort, because when Ansem found him it was the only name he could remember.

Terra stated he hated Xehanort.

Terra looks like Xemnas.

Then the only way that Terra can be Xemnases someone is that the Xehanort we know isn't really Xehanort, but Terra, and the old man in the trailer of KH2:FM is Xehanort!

What do you think of that?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:24 am
Crazy Retarded Monkey
Hmm, let's see...

SE made us think Xemnases someone is Xehanort, because when Ansem found him it was the only name he could remember.

Terra stated he hated Xehanort.

Terra looks like Xemnas.

Then the only way that Terra can be Xemnases someone is that the Xehanort we know isn't really Xehanort, but Terra, and the old man in the trailer of KH2:FM is Xehanort!

What do you think of that?

Well, I could explain about that part, but it's more of a theory than facts. sweatdrop

If you want to about this theory, it's in my thread called "What's in the name?"

What's in the name?  

Jisen Meizuki

Stubborn Gifter

RosesShadow

Shy Phantom

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:10 pm
At this point, who knows. We need more information to get to some solid explanation of how it all works.

~Fire: Same with that statement. The only thing I can say to that is that Terra gave into the darkness and it altered him so he could handle the stress, possibly. I have to remember to factor Xehanort into this...oi.

~Crazy: I'm unable to come up with a good explanation because I still don't know the relationship between...the 'three' of them: Terra, past Xehanort, and (not present; barely got a scene with him) future Xehanort -through Xemnas. KH Xehanort has the name (and past Xeh's intentions of..."evilness"), yet, he looks more like Terra.  
Organization XIII Home Thread

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff