Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Scott Westerfeld Guild (first ever made)

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to Scott Westerfeld and all of his creations in life. 

Tags: scott, westerfeld, author, books, young adult 

Reply The Official Scott Westerfeld Guild
Introductions Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Twisted-Melli
Vice Captain

7,350 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:34 pm
Okay i guess i will start..

Hello!
My name is Melissa.
I am addicted to Scott Westerfeld's books.
i used to hate reading until i picked up Uglies.
i loved it so much that i forced my friend to read it (JEN-LA!!)
so far i have read 5 of his books.
uglies, pretties, specials, peeps, and the last days.
i love them all so much that if my house was on fire i would save them before i save my family.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:14 pm
hello!
im venus
i love reading! im new to this guild and yeah..umm.. the first book that i read by scott westerfeld is Uglies. and now im reading Peeps. i just started reading it 9/30/07. yeah..i finished uglies, pretties, and specials. i want to buy his book the midnighters..but i have no money! cry sad i need to save up money to buy that book! sad lol..soo yeah..i made my cousin read uglies..and now..shes into it.. lol

i love reading!  

simplyvenus143

1ToughK00Kie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:19 pm
hello there hotman!! biggrin
my name is Brittany but around here Narutard, Naru, or even Brit works just fine for me.
I love Scott Westerfeld's style of writing. heart well i don't know if i'd save them before my family . . . sweatdrop his Midnighter books are one my favorite series though. i'm still reading the third one. i was actually the one forced (aaron xp ) but it's not something i regret.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:02 pm
hello all! I'm vinka, and i'm currently rereading Uglies and Pretties before i go on to Specials. I haven't read any of Westerfeld's other books, but i recently went on a book spree, and now have Peeps, and Midnighters 1 and 2 on my shelf waiting for me.
I love love love reading and the escape into other worlds that ppl like Westerfeld give us.  

Vinka_G

2,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200

crystalized_stardust

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:34 pm
Hey! I'm Crystalized Stardust (you can call me Star), i LOVE Scott Westerfeld books. I have read the first two books in the Midnighters series and I am waiting for the third one to come in to the library. I recently bought Uglies, and I can't wait to read it!!

Oh yeah, Uglies fans... Today (oct 2) the FOURTH book in the Uglies series, called "Extras" came out!!  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:51 pm
crystalized_stardust
Hey! I'm Crystalized Stardust (you can call me Star), i LOVE Scott Westerfeld books. I have read the first two books in the Midnighters series and I am waiting for the third one to come in to the library. I recently bought Uglies, and I can't wait to read it!!

Oh yeah, Uglies fans... Today (oct 2) the FOURTH book in the Uglies series, called "Extras" came out!!

actually..
its called the Uglies TRILOGY
meaning only three books.
Extras is more like a companion novel to the Uglies trilogy.  

Twisted-Melli
Vice Captain

7,350 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Luna_Lovegood_1169

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:27 am
Hey everyone! I'm Kiersten also known to some as Kiki-la and Dess. My other gaia account is Dessimetrics13 if you want to friend me. (I rarely go on that though...) I have read almost all of Scott Westerfeld's books. (All of them save the out of print ones. And Extras which is on my desk begging to be read.) My favourite are the Midnighters books. I want another one so bad! I know it's a trilogy but, if he can do it with Uglies, he can do it with the midnighters. XD
heart

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:31 am
By the way. If you use aim or msn messenger or whatever else you use avatars for, check out the one I made. Its westerfeldian!
http://www.iconator.com/icon.php?IconID=1234115 (avatar)
http://www.iconator.com/icon.php?IconID=1234114 (icon)

Luna_Lovegood_1169

XThexLibrarianX

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:27 pm
I'm Ashley. But I also go by Dig.

I'm 18.

The first book I ever read by Scott Westerfeld was... Midnighters(The Secret Hour), and I loved those books so much! I think it was mostly the plot idea that held my interest. Then.. after I read the second Midnighters I read Uglies, which made me realise that he wasnt an author that could just get lucky on one book. That's when I started getting interested in reading the rest of his books, which I've read eight of so far.

The books I've read include: Midnighteers(The Secret Hour), Midnighters(Touching Darkness), Midnighters(Blue Noon), Uglies, Pretties, Specails, So Yesterday, and Peeps.

It's really hard to choose which books of his I like best, but since I read Midnighters first, I choose them... specially since I love the idea of the books. And Uglies, I love because not only does the plot rock the whole entirety of the book is amazing and eye opening at the same time.

I've made my younger sister and older sister read all the Uglies... and they like them a lot.

Gotta spread the addiction, ya know?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:48 pm
Hey I'm Dewdew.

I'm almost nineteen and I love westerfelds writing.

The first book i read was Uglies as it was rocmmended to me as a book that makes you think, which was true. I have since read the reat if the trilogy, Midnighters, peeps, the Last days, and So yesterday.

My fave is... um So yesterday or Peeps.  

Dewdew

twisted words
Crew

Dapper Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:55 pm
Hello, I'm twisted words (twisty for short).

I'm 15 and I wasn't a big fan of reading until I read Carrie by Stephen King for an assignment. I became more interested in reading than I ever was before and read the Twilight series (thought it was alright), and then I picked up Uglies. Loved it, bought Pretties, loved it even more, then bought Specials. I then picked up the Midnighters trilogy and then Peeps and The Last Days. I've also read Extras. (Trying to get a copy of So Yesterday as we speak)

I love Scott's style of writing. Although he tends to use the same words for all his stories, (You can see if you've more than 2 of his series), I love the way he describes things and never seems to forget the little details. He's inspired me to become a write myself.

My favorite series would have to be... I can't decide. I love all of his books.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:34 pm
Hi, I'm Hugh the Assassin, call me Hugh, Riku, Eragon, or Robert. I answer to any of these in real life, so any of these will work XD

I'm 15

I've always loved reading. Ever since kindergarden, when I learned how ^_^

I read the Midnighters Trilogy first (and they're my favs), before the 3rd one came out, actually. Waiting for it drove me crazy >_<

I own all 3 Midnighters, 1st 2 in paperback, 3rd in hardcover. I also have Extras, but haven't read it yet because nowhere has Uglies, which I haven't read yet either.

I've also read Peeps, TLD, and So Yesterday. Peeps is the best of those 3 XDDD

(I'm a Carrier Peep!!! - I wish.....)  

Telum Caeli
Crew

Dewdew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:58 pm
Hugh the Assassin
Hi, I'm Hugh the Assassin, call me Hugh, Riku, Eragon, or Robert. I answer to any of these in real life, so any of these will work XD

I'm 15

I've always loved reading. Ever since kindergarden, when I learned how ^_^

I read the Midnighters Trilogy first (and they're my favs), before the 3rd one came out, actually. Waiting for it drove me crazy >_<

I own all 3 Midnighters, 1st 2 in paperback, 3rd in hardcover. I also have Extras, but haven't read it yet because nowhere has Uglies, which I haven't read yet either.

I've also read Peeps, TLD, and So Yesterday. Peeps is the best of those 3 XDDD

(I'm a Carrier Peep!!! - I wish.....)

You answer to Eragon? I find that slightly worrying...  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:20 pm
Dewdew
You answer to Eragon? I find that slightly worrying...

Don't worry. It was my nickname for the last 2 years. Before I moved, anyway <_<

I'm a really really big Eragon fan (I HATE THE MOVIE!!!), and I was trying to memorize at least most of the Ancient Language, so everyone started calling me Eragon.

Ever since then, anytime someone says "Eragon" in the same room as me, I immediately look up and say "What?".

XD

Telum Caeli
Crew

-Vampire-Girl-Jardicia-

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:29 pm
Hello! I'm SomeMilitaryCowgirl (Kat, SomeCountryGal, SCG, Cowgirl, Kitty, HickChick, SMC and many many other things...)! Im 17 and LOVE reading. I've only read 32 books this year though, which is kind of below what i should have... Scott is currently on my top 5 authors list biggrin woot! So far I've read Uglies, Pretties, Special, So Yesterday, Peeps, and Midnighters: The Secret Hour (these are the only one's I've been able to get my hands on D: )

P.S. I agree with you about Eragon, Hugh the Assasin, Love the book, Hate the movie, they cut out WAY too much. And I also tried to memorize a language from a book, ha'Shmla to be more specific, (the language is by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes for those of you who don't know), and it's actually pretty easy biggrin  
The Official Scott Westerfeld Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff