Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply Animated Movies
The Princess and the Frog (First Teaser Trailer Out Now!) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Disney animated musicals!
  I'm excited for this movie
  I might see this movie
  I will wait for it to come out on DVD...
  I am not interested in this movie
View Results

jfnbhgurkddhj8
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:52 am
ninja For the benefit of Mr. Kite...

So, if you're like me, you were brought up on and love the Disney musicals. Everything from Snow White to Mulan.<3 Also if you're like me, you will notice that there has been a severe lack of classic animation. Everything is going toward Pixar, which I am not a huge fan of.

Well, coming in 2009 there will be a new revival of the classic traditions! The Princess and the Frog, with Anika Noni Rose slated to play the main character, Princess Tiana and Keith David slated as the villain, Dr. Facilier. Not only is this the first animated Disney musical since who-knows-when, but it is also the first African-American princess! (Also notable is Disney's claim that Home on the Range would be the last 2D picture that they produce.)

There will be a jazzy feel to the music, and Randy Newman will be in charge of composing the score.

So will this be the next Little Mermaid? Will we be seeing less Pixar and more animation? Personally, I hope so.

Here are some links for you to check out. (If you have any more, please list them so I can check them out!)

Princess and the Frog official website
Princess and the Frog on IMDB
Princess and the Frog on Wikipedia

...there will be a show tonight. domokun

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:16 pm
User Image

i used to love that fariy tale and now their making a musical, thats so cool xD but i didnt like HSM that much so i dont know how ill like this musical xP

Pwnd in the arse

jfnbhgurkddhj8
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:48 pm

Well look at it this way.
It will be directed by Aladdin's director. ^^x

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:02 pm
From IMBD:

Plot Outline: "A fairy tale centered on a young girl named Princess Tiana who lives in New Orleans' French Quarter during the Jazz Age."

I'm sold.  

RedWhiteBlack
Crew

jfnbhgurkddhj8
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:03 am

I know! Doesn't is just sound good.
There will definitely be a voodoo flair to this one, and can you imagine how good the villain song will be? xD
Ursula, Scar, Jafar...all had the best songs in their movie.
(Well, Jafar would have, if he were given more than a reprise...but damn was that minute and twenty seconds amazing!)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:14 pm
Man I can't wait to see it! X3  

Speedira

EmilyScissorhands

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:31 pm
I can't wait for this.

Here's the first officially released image:

Princess and the Frog  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:38 pm
ninja Got a brand new shipment of electrical equipment...

Awesome!
Where'd you find that? o.o<3

...it's addressed to the bottom of the sea. domokun

jfnbhgurkddhj8
Crew

jfnbhgurkddhj8
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:34 pm

Just bringing this back to the first page. ^^

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:29 am
I heard about this at the end of last year. The sites that I saw called it The Princess Frog and she was supposed to be a frog that got turned into a princess :/ looks like it's either changed or they were just rumors  

Arisa Takera

Dapper Genius

8,525 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Invisibility 100

The Ghoul In Pajamas

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:58 pm
*smacks self in the head* What is wrong with me for not posting in this thread sooner?

Well, do I have a treat for you little cupcakes today..

Fanart by a guy who could very well be hired on to work for Disney in a second heart (I have been living off this guys artwork for months now)

David_Gilson That is his blog. Click "Messages plus anciens" for earlier posts. There's a bit of scrolling, but all his work is loverly so you won't mind.

He also has lots of Rapunzel and Gisele.

Alternatively, you can view his images on his portfolio website here

Thankyou John Lasseter for bringing back traditional animation. There will be happy, well adjusted children for generations to come because of you. (Yes, I realize that parents could just play the golden nineties films at home, but seeing them in the cinemas is truly the greatest experience in the world)  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:32 pm
The Ghoul In Pajamas
*smacks self in the head* What is wrong with me for not posting in this thread sooner?

Well, do I have a treat for you little cupcakes today..

Fanart by a guy who could very well be hired on to work for Disney in a second heart (I have been living off this guys artwork for months now)

David_Gilson That is his blog. Click "Messages plus anciens" for earlier posts. There's a bit of scrolling, but all his work is loverly so you won't mind.

He also has lots of Rapunzel and Gisele.

Alternatively, you can view his images on his portfolio website here

Thankyou John Lasseter for bringing back traditional animation. There will be happy, well adjusted children for generations to come because of you. (Yes, I realize that parents could just play the golden nineties films at home, but seeing them in the cinemas is truly the greatest experience in the world)

o.o;; He makes my drawings look like ten week old crap that was left in the sun........  

Arisa Takera

Dapper Genius

8,525 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Invisibility 100

jfnbhgurkddhj8
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:15 pm
ninja Got a brand new shipment of electrical equipment...

^^ Bumping this topic back up.
I'm still very excited for this movie!

...it's addressed to the bottom of the sea. domokun

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:54 am
This movie is apparently a very touchy subject. The princess is the first black Disney princess. Her original name was Maddie, which was too close for comfort to Mamie, which I think was the name of one of the slaves from Gone with the Wind? and has a derogatory connotation. A lot of controversy and it hasn't even left the gate yet.

Anyway, I'm glad to see classic animation come back. I didn't like it when Disney shut down that division.  

Quixotic Faye

jfnbhgurkddhj8
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:59 pm

I honestly think that people are just too PC nowadays. I highly doubt that Disney was like "Hai guize! We should make a black main character finally and then treat her like a slaze-zorz!" People are now complaining that Tiana's lips and a** are too big and stereotyped. I think people just need to cool off. 3nodding

Animated Movies

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces