Reply 1: Marketplace Hangout
Predictions of Assassin's Guise Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nooblet1337

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:01 pm
Will the Assassin's Guise be just like the Ancient Katana rising rapidly in the Marketplace; or will it fall due to the surplus of supplies that will be created in the Marketplace?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:40 am
i see it as being a mid area mc . . .

i see three areas of mc's low mid and high . . .

low are items that rise very little and could even drop in value also tend to be very useless to the mass . . . examples g-bot, mecha form, fire flower, enchanted strings

mid is the average decent item fairly useful but only for certain styles although it is quite a few of those to choose from prices rise at a fairly steady pace . . . examples aquatica, western zodiac, demonic anklets

high are item that sky rocket out of control due to being very popular and capable of being used by many different themes . . . examples oculus magica, mythrill halo, ancient katana, chyaku norisu scarf . . .

but that's just my view . . .  

Razin Frostdrake
Crew

BobCatHOH

6,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:28 pm
My opinion?

Try finding guns in the marketplace or stores.

You find what? The bee gun? The squirt gun? Meh.

An elite bodyguard force armed with those kind of weapons? Uh, no.

Now, the Assassin's Guise. This is good. FINALLY, some firearms, fit for an elite bodyguard group.

I predict that it will go down until the end of the month. Then after it is removed from the cash shop, it will slowly grow. I predict it will double in 1 year.

Of course, I'm assuming there are no other guns being listed.

It is a good investment.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:42 pm
i dont think it will be quite as expensive/highly demanded as the ancient katana due to the fact that the ancient katana was paired with another quite popular item, the elegent veil. obviously the assassin's guise was paired with a pretty poor choice this month. that masterpiece thing really isn't that spectacular. i mean its really like another superior form sort of. you can turn into a statue or wear a scarf modeled after starry night, whoopty doo! due to all the hype of the firearms and whatnot leading up to this months release, over supply seems to be the likely outcome. most will have to sell at extremely low levels for at least to the end of the month. in comparison to recent months items like the wild things and such, it seems that people have been waiting and crossing their fingers for something more entertaining like this to appear on the market. give it time however, and i think that it will be one of the most expensive of the year.

p.s. the december monthly collectibles of the frostbite blade and the fur thingy were quite popular with many and it seems that people were kinda caught off guard with its release. after wild things, i think people were kinda giving up on the monthly collectibles for a while, then frostbite came around and it was gone in a flash. if you watch, i think december 2007 will be a monthly collectible that will rise rather quickly. this will be in part due to die hard gaian purests who feel that the guns are not necessary, but can 't quite afford the ancient katana so they go will be seeking something else.  

Ignacio Von Helson

SwarthyBasswood

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:30 am
It seems to me that this mc had the potential to become one of the all time high sellers, just because it's the first actually useful looking gun item gaia has come out with. That being said, I must say that I am extremely disappointed by its fall in the marketplace. As of now I've seen them dip as low as the under 15500 range. While I like the new cash shop items, gaia seems to be pushing them a little too much for my liking. I understand they are a business like any other, but I don't expect any of the upcoming collectibles to be worth as much as they might have been earlier on. This is an item that may need to be held on to for a while before it's worth selling. I will say it is a perfect opportunity to buy, but beyond that... Well, I think it's worth mentioning that the other mc, the Masterpieces, is actually selling about 1000g higher than the assassin stuff. I wouldn't have predicted that doing well, but there you go. I'm sorry to say it, but it doesn't look like it'll be a winner in the marketplace anytime soon.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:06 pm
At the rate i'm seeing the assassin guise is at an incredible rate so far... in my opinion that is. Pretty soon after the month is over, the assassin guise is going to spike up. As mention by BobCatHoH, this MC, is highly lusted over and i believe this will be a great investment. Predictions: price of the assassin guise will raise about 5% each week after the month is over. Hey i could be wrong for this is the marketplace but this is just my predictions. mrgreen  

nooblet1337

BobCatHOH

6,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:33 am
Right now, the price of the Assassin's Guise will drop until it is removed from the cash shop. You have to remember, we got a TON of people who don't want to work for the gold, and just buy a ton of gaia cash, buy MP's, sell them for gaia gold and then buy whatever they want. They also dump the thank you letters too to raise cash.

Until we have a "convert gaia cash to gaia gold" function, such price crashes will happen.

After removal from the cash shop, then the price will start rising.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:05 pm
i agree!  

Ignacio Von Helson

nooblet1337

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:25 am
Wow guys... so far... this MC item has not dip down more than 15k. Just thats amazing for a MC that is still in the cash shops.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:15 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Meaning? O_o

As far as I know, its price is already 16k ++ now ... o_O

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

koromyst

Illuminated Star

19,900 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100

nooblet1337

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:43 pm
If you look a tektek.org alot of the MC items durning their 2nd to 3rd week drop down to almost 10k... only after that MC item is over is when they rise. What I'm saying is that the Assassin Guise is at a steady 15k... which thus means that people are buying the item keeping the price at a constant state. While the Assassin Guise will indeed continue to drop until the end of the month, it is a good idea to buy the item because of this high demand which will in turn force a scarcity when the MC is gone from the cash shop. Putting it all together; after the month is over, people will continue to buy the Assassin Guise and not willing to sell it (i dunno maybe sweatdrop ).

I don't know hehe this is just my crazy speculation... disagree with me if you like mrgreen . Flame On  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:16 pm
if it goes to . . . 25k or so within a month of it's removal . . . it'll be a good investment and my initial thoughts will be wrong . . .

if you're talking about recent items dropping to 10k it's because the majority disliked them, if you're talking about something older then it's a mistake just like in this world the price of things go up with time . . . example a coke WAY back in the day was 5 cents now that same drink is a buck and a quarter . . . inflation . . . back in 06 10k for an mc was norm check the initial release of the ancient katana . . . it was going for 10k for about a month or so before it started going up . . . now the norm for an item is 15k however if the item bombs it'll drop much lower . . . but it's not a bomb since it hasn't done that yet . . . so now it's waiting time to see if it's a normal mc or if it'll be a "high class" mc

also you have to pay attention to the cash shop items . . . i don't like it but they are affecting the prices of mc's . . . as to what that'll do to the mc's in the future i haven't a clue it's too new . . .

making a living through the marketplace is one thing . . . predicting how an item will do is something entirely else . . . a month from now and we'll all have our answer . . .  

Razin Frostdrake
Crew

nooblet1337

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:45 pm
Hahaha thats right... only time can predict the future!  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:36 pm
I say it goes down. In a year it'll only be 20k-40k. Why? Because the guns aren't as good as everyone wnated. And the cloak thing isn't very good. Along with the scissors. But, if the assassin's guise thing, that covers your body, like a top, and theres that thing that hangs down at the bottom, well if that shirt thing was white, there would be alot of avi's in the arena posing as Assassin's Creed.  

Aresultra

penguin1534

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:26 am
I think that the Assassin's Guise is a great investment, but they paired it with the wrong group. Maybe frostbite and assassin togethor? IDK, but masterpiece is like... its own seperate thing. I find that generally (speaking with ppl i know) they prefer the masterpiece. i hope that more and better Gun Items are released ^_^ my 2 cents for the day  
1: Marketplace Hangout

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff