Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Slash Guild

Back to Guilds

HPSG is a guild for the discussion and pure love of all things Harry Potter and slash! Join us in support of your favorite pairing! 

Tags: Harry Potter, slash, Potter, femslash, Harry 

Reply HPSG Head Quarters
How do you like your slash? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SamySchweiz

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:04 pm
I was just curious, really.
I mean, I love my lesbians. And I love my gay boys.
But, I love angst. I could care less if they end up happy. I just absolutely adore suffering, sad, and long-winded plots.

Whiles others, love fluff. And Remus getting pregnant. And all that jazz.

So, what is it, loves?
Fluff?
Or Angst?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:37 pm
I'd have to say...I like when both of them are mixed together. I love the out-of-nowhere angsty twist that totally destroys a character, but later on they get their happily ever after (especially with characters that I think got a bum deal in the books). However, sometimes, if I'm just in the mood, I'll go for all-out fluff. But all-out angst only serves to depress me, which is never good.  

Nicky Cade

Madam Hare

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:40 pm
I generally go for a Draco Harry story, though I have been known to read a few Severus Harry ones in my time though.
I like the stories to start out with them hating each others guts.
The ones I tend to like the most are the ones where they have to come together because I contract was drawn up by ancestors or something similar to that and now it is being enforced, and one of the boys/men owns the other.
The contract of course has stipulations that they must have a child (Mpreg. <3), and after conception they slowly but surely fall in love. Generally the couples detest the thought of copulating at first though.
I usually prefer Severus or Draco to be the Dom's, or at least have both characters be Dom...I tend not to like Draco or Severus as Subs, it just does not seem to suit them too well, ya know?
Anyways that is what I like out of a story.
Of course I prefer it to be well written and all that jazz, but I am sure that is a given.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:03 pm
I tend to avoid angst as much as possible. What can I say, I'm a sucker for a happy ending. rolleyes I usually like my stuff hard core (And you know what I mean) but it has to have a good plot. If I don't like the plot I won't read it. Angst isn't so bad in the story as long as I know it will have a happy ending. Like I said "sucker." In the long run I do prefer fluff rather than angst.  

bleakdesolation

Drakie Cakie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:24 pm

I absolutely love rape fics. Maybe it's because I'm a demented Slytherin, but whatever. Rape, self harm, angst, suicide attempts [not successful, of course], and all that mixed with fluff is like the perfect brownie. <3

Like... Draco is raped by his father, who is beaten up by Harry all protective-like, and then they get all luffy. biggrin This is why I love Constant Vigilance.

I love Mpreg, too. Veela/Vampire fics are alright, but mostly the plot's the same in every one, so I tend to stay away from them. It's always 'Harry is your mate' 'NONEVER' 'You must now go have lots of man sex and make gay babies' 'YOU'LLNEVERMAKEME' 'Oh, wow, he's really hot. Maybe having sex with Harry isn't so bad!'

I love over-protectiveness and that stuff with the doms. Hothothot.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:47 pm
The fics that I tend to go after are never below PG-13.
Even then, I don't like 'em much. My favourite ones are always NC-17. It's just so... Hott. Hehe. My favourite pairing are Harry/Draco and Ginny/Luna. Ginny/Hermione is also pretty good. I also like the time frame to be during school, not after. I dunno why, exactly. I guess I just like being able to tell exactly what they look like, rather than guessing. Oh, and I like fan fics to have lots of angst in the beginning and middle, and then in the end it's like BAM-- Fluff. =D
That's always the best 3nodding

Sir Shane Nickolas

ChellitaRiho

Dapper Bloodsucker

6,200 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:55 pm
I agree with March Hare; the comination(when written beautifully) is great and you're not left wanting in more. I think it's best when Harry is the one with all the angst and Draco is the one getting pregnant, just so you can hear him whine about losing his figure and being a royal snot moreso than usual.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:13 am
I'm not really sure if I go for either one. The whole, 'Remus getting pregnant' idea you mentioned is kind of far-fetched but wouldn't be unheard of in my book. I like to think outside the box and try to do things others might not have thought of. For instance, I've written 2 Harry Potter style fairy tales, one of which is a mild Drarry and the other is a Dramione one of my fave het pairings. That's getting off topic though so that said, I don't know if you can categorize what I like. I really like reading the heavy graphic stuff because it keeps me on the edge of my seat although I would read fluff. I don't really care for things with a sad ending but I do like drama.  

xxchibilunalovegoodxx

JettaKD

6,850 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:43 pm
I'm a sucker for a good fluffy romantic comedy xD  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:00 am
I like a lot of action and adventure with a happy ending and my favourite character being the focus of most of it. Otherwise, there's not much I don't read.  

Shi-koi

6,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • First step to fame 200

MinervaEvenstar

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:52 am
Give me comedy and smut any day of the week! biggrin I find that angsty fics are often too far-fetched for my tastes, and even if a dark story is well-written and believable (I've only only encountered a few.) Remus and Sirius must have a happy ending together or I am NOT interested. talk2hand Their lives are hard enough, you know? Let them have a happy ending for Merlin's sake! scream

As for fluff...It typically annoys me if it's too lovey-dovey, however, if it's fluffy and funny I am all for it! biggrin I've only found one puppy love story with adventure in it, so I can't safely say I like or dislike the entire genre.

Truthfully, drama interests me more than angst. Drama is emotional and can keep the reader in suspense for a few chapters, but it isn't all that ridiculous "Oh my god, Lucius raped me, my father abused me, and you were shagging someone else, so now I'm going to try jumping off of the Astronomy Tower" rubbish. Siriusly, it's difficult to find an angst fic that doesn't make me roll my eyes in disgust and click the "back" button.
When I find an author that can roll drama and comedy into one, and give me a steamy love scene at the end I am one ecstatic fangirl!!! 3nodding whee exclaim  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:10 pm
MinervaEvenstar
Give me comedy and smut any day of the week! biggrin I find that angsty fics are often too far-fetched for my tastes, and even if a dark story is well-written and believable (I've only only encountered a few.) Remus and Sirius must have a happy ending together or I am NOT interested. talk2hand Their lives are hard enough, you know? Let them have a happy ending for Merlin's sake! scream

As for fluff...It typically annoys me if it's too lovey-dovey, however, if it's fluffy and funny I am all for it! biggrin I've only found one puppy love story with adventure in it, so I can't safely say I like or dislike the entire genre.

Truthfully, drama interests me more than angst. Drama is emotional and can keep the reader in suspense for a few chapters, but it isn't all that ridiculous "Oh my god, Lucius raped me, my father abused me, and you were shagging someone else, so now I'm going to try jumping off of the Astronomy Tower" rubbish. Siriusly, it's difficult to find an angst fic that doesn't make me roll my eyes in disgust and click the "back" button.
When I find an author that can roll drama and comedy into one, and give me a steamy love scene at the end I am one ecstatic fangirl!!! 3nodding whee exclaim

I like angst in a story, but not too much. It's a fine line many writers seem to stumble over.

I don't want my stories to be all sweetness and light with no conflict, but I don't like 'gritty drama' either.

Fluff and WAFF annoys me too, it just seems generally pointless (although a good smut-fic PWP is occasionally good for the soul). I want bite with the meat of the story, I want action, adventure, conflict, genuine plot advancement, logic, passion and eventually a happy ending (even if happiness is relative).

I find I stay away from most comedy fics, because there are so many juvenile, badly written, not-in-the-slightest-bit-funny fics floating around, so I think I may have developed a slight aversion. I usually ask around for multiple recs from people with the same tastes as me so I can cut the garbage out.

Shi-koi

6,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • First step to fame 200

yunasgrace91

8,350 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 6:05 am
I dont mind angst. actually thinking about it i think most of the stories i read have angst in them xD
but im pretty open to other genres. Ill read anything really but i really dont like really bad OOC. I read a HP fanfic coz i want to see whwat the charactes would do in certain situations, i dont want to read a story which totally dis-regards the characters personality.  
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:59 am
no fluff.
i like angst more actually.

Opal`

flight815kitsune

Friendly Conventioneer

7,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:20 pm
I like my men like i like my I like my yaoi, filthy, depraved, and all over my desk. (I love cafepress) rofl

Seriously, I like the angst. I don't know if it's because I tend to write angst or what. It just...clicks.
Then again, I take breaks for crackfic, too. Namely, anything with Luna.
As for pairings, I'm a loyal HPDM fangirl. Mpreg and creaturefic annoys me, but it's not a problem if well written.
If I can't find HPDM, then I'll go to SBRL, because it's freakin' canon anyway.
Oh, and smut. Lots and lots of smut.  
HPSG Head Quarters

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces