evolving items a few tips Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

evolving items a good investment ?
  i think they're a great investment
  could be ok it all depends
  nope a waste of real money and gaia gold . . .
View Results

Razin Frostdrake
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:53 pm
something i've just learned i bought the first fausto bottle and moon the bottle was in stage 3 or 4 the moon was in stage 2 . . . i learned quickly that if you buy just as the creature starts appearing that each evolution causes the price to sky rocket . . . the moon is 280k 2 generations ago i got it for 60k . . . the bottle is 130k i got it 3 gnerations back at 40-50k . . . that's a huge increase in price and they aren't done evolving . . .

also i wrote out a long explanation about the evolving items for my friend to explain it with this she finally got it . . . so i figured evolving items are going to be a big seller so might as well as break down what exactly they are . . .

"ok let's see if i can explain it . . .

they release the first item then when it evolves they release a new generation the same item but an evolution behind all the rest of the generations released

examples

so the first would be fausto's bottle

but the ones after it are labeled with a generation

fausto's bottle second generation, fausto's bottle third generation, fausto's bottle fourth generation, fausto's bottle fifth generation, fausto's bottle sixth generation, fausto's bottle seventh generation,

so
faustos' bottle is on stage 7 now

fausto's bottle second generation is on stage 6 now

fausto's bottle third generation is on stage 5

fausto's bottle fourth generation is on stage 4

fausto's bottle fifth generation is on stage 3

fausto's bottle sixth generation is on stage 2

fausto's bottle seventh generation is at the first stage

so when an 8th generation is released all those stage numbers will move up and the 8th generation will be on the first stage . . . so the closer your item is to the original, the more evolutions it's been through, which means it's closer to finishing, which then unlocks all the stages . . .

the original has no add on of which generation it is to the name, the other generations however say which generation they are . . .

in the end to make money off them buy the original item . . . it won't have the word generation in the name . . . the more expensive the item is in cash shop it seems to be the more expensive it will get when it finishes evolving . . ."

also if you have the oppurtunity to get an evolving item make sure it costs about $5 or more . . . the ones that go for less seem to be worth less even at the end of evolving . . . so right now the best buys would be . . . biancamella, drome egg, and hermes moon . . . although i've no clue how the drome egg or biancamella will do . . . the moon however is at 290k right now and it only just showed the bunny with wings for ears . . . so it's still evolving . . . fausto bottle is a good keeper if you have it . . . but it's too close to finishing to buy into as an investment . . .

edit to above paragraph . . . the hermes moon is currently 500k+ it's now past the "buy it and ride it" staqe . . . it's now keep it, if you have it . . .

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:29 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Thanks for the great info ^O^

So you're saying that drome eggs are going to hit off good in the mp later? 3nodding

What about the scientist thingy? O_o
The one in the beaker or whatever is it. Green smoking stuff.

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

koromyst

Illuminated Star

19,900 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100

Razin Frostdrake
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:44 pm
well the experiment is a 299 cash item in otherwords 3 bucks . . . the other items that were under 5 bucks other than the panthercoraxagate seem not to do so well . . . so i could be wrong but going with what little information i have i'd guess it won't end very high least not enough to be worth the wait . . .

the drome eggs are a 499 item or in otherwords 5 bucks just like the fausto's bottle . . . which, last time i looked, was at 190k . . . if it follows suit like the bottle it too should be worth a good bit . . .

also look at it this way . . . if you have ten bucks of gaia cash (aka 1000 gaiacash) would you rather buy a lot of cheap things you can resell for gold quick (you can buy the bubbles for a qaurter a piece makes about 12k per buck)or blow it on just one or two items (2 drome eggs or a moon) ? most people would buy the cheaper items for gold now, few buy the expensive items 5 bucks or more . . . atleast they wait till it evolves a few stages first then they decide they want it and buy it . . . that's why the originals go for more, people didn't want it at first, but as it shows what it is, people want it . . . so they buy the current generation in the shop, or put up the gold to buy the original . . . which floods the generations each one seems to get worse . . . but the orignal remains rare and demand increases which causes one huge surge in the price . . .  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:23 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

One thing I don't really get is regarding the evolution of each gens.

Each gen will some day evolve as well, naa?

If we take the Pora cube as an example, its fourth stage has fully flourished into its complete form which is exactly the same as the Napora final (its original aka parent).

And it sells far less as well. The only difference is the name stating the gen numbers (and obviously the price. Lol).

So why are people still gunning for the original aka 1st gen when the other gens can reach the same form as the 1st gen but only after a few weeks later?

Or are Gaians not liking the word "gen" on the item? sweatdrop

koromyst

Illuminated Star

19,900 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100

Razin Frostdrake
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:55 pm
well using the pora ice as an example . . . you can see how once it's done evolving the price does level out but it is true the original is still more expensive . . . the reason is

if you collect baseball cards, do you want the baseball card of when babe ruth was a rookie or the one that came out after he became famous ? by having the original/first to come out it's a status symbol . . . see that rookie card at first was worthless sometimes thrown away, but as he got better/evolved the card grew in value, newer cards are made in greater quantities which makes them worth less . . .

just like why do people want the angelic halo ? status symbol . . . the original item is the status symbol among all the generations . . . it's like saying hey i jump on the bandwagon before you did  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:59 pm
i try my best to make what i say make sense . . . but i do ramble a lot . . . if ya don't get something ask . . . i realize i ramble . . . so i don't mind clearing up things . . . and remember evolving items are still rather new . . . so i'm mixing what i currently know of the ones so far, and what i've known of the mp in the past . . .

SSSOOOO glad i bought the original hermes moon back when it was 60k

oh yeah i don't think i stated my plan . . . so here it is . . .

when you buy an orignal we'll use me as an example i bought the original hermes moon for 60k way back . . . it's now worth 500kish . . . the 4th generations is worth 90kish so eventually i'll sell the original and buy the 4th gen . . . i'll have 410kish to do with as i please . . . i'll probly reinvest some into drome eggs and maybe the biancamella . . . which is a good choice but pink's not my color . . . only reason for maybe . . . in the end restarting the waiting cycle all over again, although it's a sit on you butt and do nothing plan it seems to work just fine . . .  

Razin Frostdrake
Crew

koromyst

Illuminated Star

19,900 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:13 am

First off, I would like to say, thank you for the papers and other items! blaugh

Okay back to topic.
You bought your hermes when it was around 60k?
I guess I'm luckier. Lol xD I bought it for 40k during the initial release blaugh
I was hoping it died down but I panicked seeing it rise so had to fork out 40k for the moon crying

Hmm so you're saying that we should sell off our originals and get the youngest gen? O_o

- if we weere to sell it at the mp, would the 2% be raped out of us in a pretty large sum?

- would it be profitable to sell in the exchange and for what price?

- would we ever regret selling off the original?

whee

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:44 pm
i plan to sell of my original once it's hit a price i like . . . if it goes too high no one will buy it . . . i never planned on that being a problem . . . so I'll bail out myself between 750k-1 mil . . . supposing it even hits that high . . . but it was bouncing around 500k and people were buying so it's possible it could hit that range . . .

once i sell I'll simply buy one of the youngest versions since i don't mind the gen name on it . . . it's the same it just has a suffix . . . but it seems just like in RL people want the closest to the first . . . if you buy a limited edition numbered item say a saleen . . . it's numbered and people always want the smallest number . . . i personnaly don't get it . . .

at 500k the 2% tax will be 10k . . . but it's been a bit since i've hungo ut in the exchange . . . it should be possible to sell it there and not deal with the tax . . . but it could take a little bit to do so . . . that 2% isn't really that much when you look at ti as i have . . . i bought it for 60k it's now worth close to 500k that's a growth of 440k . . . 10k out of that isn't much especially since i did nothing to earn it but buy a single item . . .

if you decide to sell in the exchange . . . the price will be up to you . . . although it's common sense to keep it's price at about the lowest mp price at the time . . .

regret it . . . hmmm i won't . . . although if you're one of those that prefers having the smaller number or first of a kind then you will . . .

if you don't care about that and just care about the item then they're all the same, sell it and keep yourself alot of free gold and have a replacement . . .

i had thought about buying it at 40k . . . but didn't want to thought it was too high . . . then by the time it was at the 60k mark it's allure got me so i bought it . . . then it went nutcase and i'm so glad i broke down and bought it otherwise i'd have missed something great . . .  

Razin Frostdrake
Crew

koromyst

Illuminated Star

19,900 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:57 pm

Well, I'm torn between selling and keeping the original. I guess I should have bought two sweatdrop I fear the feeling of regret. Lol xD

I haven't sold off anything high-priced in the exchange as of yet.

But if you say that the drome egg has the potential to become either like the fausto or hermes, I guess I should take a dive and buy another one for selling purposes in the future sweatdrop

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:54 pm
the biancamellaand drome egg both have the potential to be like the fausto bottle all three are priced in the cashshop at 499 . . . but in the end it'll be the demand that'll determine if it does better or worse . . . i'm hoping better, i plan on buying a couple of the drome eggs when i sell my moon . . .

User Image  

Razin Frostdrake
Crew

Razin Frostdrake
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:13 pm
the drome egg will more than likely be one of these two dinosaurs . . .

delta dromeus google images
delta dromeus wikipedia

dromaeosaurus google images
dromaeosaurus wikipedia

unlikely but there's also a bird with drome in it's name . . .

Dromas ardeola aka Crab Plover  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:45 pm
i decided to buy an alruna's rose . . . seems it's at a low point . . . and best guess is it'll evolve fairly soon which means this low point may be the best moment to buy . . . could be wrong . . . but it's looking that way . . .  

Razin Frostdrake
Crew

Isabella Brooke Hart

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:30 am
So are you saying if you buy the second or third generation of something that it will get to the first generations last stage??

I have Hermes Moon 3rd gen I think and Bianciamella 2nd gen. But they're not evolving.

Or maybe I'm just impatient. Is there a certain time it will evolve?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:45 pm
Isabella Brooke Hart
So are you saying if you buy the second or third generation of something that it will get to the first generations last stage??

I have Hermes Moon 3rd gen I think and Bianciamella 2nd gen. But they're not evolving.

Or maybe I'm just impatient. Is there a certain time it will evolve?

they all evolve at a certain date . . . if you buy a 2nd gen, when it evolves it'll turn into what the 1st gen was before it also evolved . . . unless it's completed . . . then it's no longer going to evolve . . .  

Razin Frostdrake
Crew

1: Marketplace Hangout

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas