Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
The Inevitable CITIZEN KANE Thread Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Citizen Kane?
  Citizen WHO?
  Wasn't that a Simpsons episode?
  "Citizen Kane?" What's with the question mark? Its Citizen Kane. Period.
  Citizen GOOOLLLLD!
View Results

RedWhiteBlack
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:59 pm
Thats right, I've started a Citizen Kane thread. What kind of movie guild would we be if we did not recognize quite possibly the greatest film ever to grace world cinemas? Thats right, not a very good one. Not a very good one at all. Some may say that no one will post or discuss, but I dare you. Post something! Discuss!

*ahem*

Now that we're through with the theatrics, let me just say one thing: Citizen Kane is a great film. Innovative, unique, and awe-inspiring, without it, we would not have the films we do today.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:02 pm
bumps for citizen kane. heart  

mistress_hydro

7,200 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250

RedWhiteBlack
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:17 pm
Thanks for the bumps! Have you seen Citizen Kane?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:36 pm
THANK WHATEVER YOU BELIEVE IN HAHAHAHAHA.... i was wondering when someone would start a Citizen Kane thread... I would have... but was scared no one would post in it and Orson Welles deserves more than that.  

Misfit_the

RedWhiteBlack
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:34 pm
Misfit_the
THANK WHATEVER YOU BELIEVE IN HAHAHAHAHA.... i was wondering when someone would start a Citizen Kane thread... I would have... but was scared no one would post in it and Orson Welles deserves more than that.

Haha. Actually, I was inspired by your post in the Alfred Hitchcock thread to create one. I'm sure we can get some sorta discussion going. =D  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:10 pm
RedWhiteBlack
Misfit_the

Haha. Actually, I was inspired by your post in the Alfred Hitchcock thread to create one. I'm sure we can get some sorta discussion going. =D

I'm sure we could... it only changed film forever... with its broken time frame and camera techniques never seen before... a true masterpeice... although it wasn't the most exciting movie in the world...  

Misfit_the

RedWhiteBlack
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:10 pm
No, it's not exciting, but it's definately compelling. It's not a big budget action film, but there is enough substance to keep someone occupied and thinking for the full two hours. I watched the DVD with Roger Ebert's commentary, and I really learned a lot about the camera techniques and the staging and such. It helped burgeon my own growing fascination with classic cinema. I'm a huge fan of the way Welles used shots of miniatures interweaved with life-sized shots. It makes it seem big budget when it really isn't.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:50 pm
WoW... I know I have been away for awhile but I am surprised that this fell to the second almost third page... we as a movie guild should be ashamed *shakes head* hahaha and only 6 posts... thats too bad....  

Misfit_the

RedWhiteBlack
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:07 am
Yeah, pretty shameful. I've been a little busy myself, so I haven't had time to keep it up.

Somebody else must have seen this film! Anybody?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:59 pm
RedWhiteBlack
Yeah, pretty shameful. I've been a little busy myself, so I haven't had time to keep it up.

Somebody else must have seen this film! Anybody?

Oooo Oh I HAVE i HAVE... pick me... pick me hahahaha... i should go buy this movie... my collection lacks it... for some odd reason  

Misfit_the

RedWhiteBlack
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:18 pm
Oh my... lacking Citizen Kane? Shocking. But, then again, it's not like it's the easiest movie to find. At my local HMV, they had one copy. And, when I took it home, part of the plastic on the DVD case was cracked. I didn't care, because the movie still works, but that just goes to show how long it'd been there and how few have seen it, or care to see it.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:21 pm
RedWhiteBlack
Oh my... lacking Citizen Kane? Shocking. But, then again, it's not like it's the easiest movie to find. At my local HMV, they had one copy. And, when I took it home, part of the plastic on the DVD case was cracked. I didn't care, because the movie still works, but that just goes to show how long it'd been there and how few have seen it, or care to see it.

But thats the thing I can find it anywhere... HMV has it... Walmart... Zellers... seen it everywhere... just never got around to buying it... I'm going to Vancouver on Friday for film school... but while down there I am looking for The Believer... so maybe I will get it after that  

Misfit_the

RedWhiteBlack
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:54 pm
Ahh... I see now. But that's still not an excuse! =P

What's "The Believer"? Any good?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:59 pm
RedWhiteBlack
Ahh... I see now. But that's still not an excuse! =P

What's "The Believer"? Any good?

I started a thread for it.. and yes it's very moving  

Misfit_the

RedWhiteBlack
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:07 pm
Ah yes... I saw that. Sounds good. Might check it out.

But anyways, back to Citizen Kane. Someone else must have seen this. Hmm... maybe I'll have to find an online version and we'll all have to get together and watch, because this is ridiculous. Only two people in the entire guild have seen this movie? Jeez...  
T3h Movie World

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff