Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
No Country For Old Men Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sir Raunchy McTendersoft

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:52 am
This award winning movie is released today. One thing I really liked about this was that it felt "real." There was no music or score in the movie. It seemed like real time events that were captured on film. A few people I've talked to say they didn't like it. They must be crazy. This movie was amazing.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:08 pm
I haven't watched it yet, but it looks a pretty good film.

And Bardem actually looks like a madman there mrgreen  

Amura_chan

Strange Kiddo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:27 pm
I really liked it.

This sounds weird, but my favourite part was when that guy's like, "There's a dead dog there" and the other one goes "Yep... there is." For some reason it just caught me off guard and cracked me up.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:35 pm
So excited to see this! There's no background music or score? Oh really? Sounds gutsy... I guess I'll just have to wait and see...  

RedWhiteBlack
Crew

greenamethyst

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:45 pm
Love Tommy Lee Jones, can't wait to see it!  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:36 pm
greenamethyst

He wasn't in the movie as much as I thought he would be. He still did a good job though, as always.  

Sir Raunchy McTendersoft

RedWhiteBlack
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:03 pm
This movie rocks. Javier Bardem is totally mesmerizing. He's such a presense on screen as Anton.

My one quibble with the movie: leaving Bardem's character nameless could have worked. I think we never actually learned his name until Woody Harrelson entered. But since it was based on a novel, faithful readers would have just spoiled it anyway.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:58 pm
Orgasmic... not since Fargo hahaha oh wait Coen brothers still on the top of their game... the only movie I can compare to is Fargo and yea... woot Coen's... at least they won best picture for this one... instead of being robbed like with Fargo  

Misfit_the

IvoryPaws

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:36 pm
Although I agree Javier Bardem's performance was right on the money (not many people could take on a psychotic/psychopathic mind and pull it off believeably) the movie itself didn't sit well with me.
Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying it wasn't masterfully shot! When watching a film, i'm all for showing the reality... but at least give the audience some well-rounded closure to fall back on. I personally felt cheated at the end.

Needless to say, in my opinion Into the Wild deserved Best Picture.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:16 pm
Sir Raunchy McTendersoft
This award winning movie is released today. One thing I really liked about this was that it felt "real." There was no music or score in the movie. It seemed like real time events that were captured on film. A few people I've talked to say they didn't like it. They must be crazy. This movie was amazing.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
and thats one of the reason why i liked the movie, that things just happened, the music didnt let you know that it was gonna happen, the ending was kinda unexpecting for me, i thought it was gonna be a "happy ending"...

Octaru250
Crew

dark repository

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:44 pm
I'll rent it as soon as it's available. I want to see it.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:45 am
I really liked the movie up until the ending, perhaps I am dense but it seems like it just ended. I feel there was great tension throughout the movie and it just flopped at the end.  

Kenshin1387

morbid_beauty

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:39 pm
Sir Raunchy McTendersoft
greenamethyst

He wasn't in the movie as much as I thought he would be. He still did a good job though, as always.

He wasn't, but my goodness was he amazing when he was. He was fantastic. I love it when he reads the newspaper and reads about those grave diggers xd great stuff...Barden was crazy...creeped the hell out of me...great movie and now proudly sits in my dvd collection.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:27 am
This was not what I was expecting. It was as beautiful visually as The Three burials of Melquiades Estrada and it's style and pacing also brought that film to mind. this is a film that two it's credit, has very little dialog. It tells as much as possible with acting and images, trusting the audience to be clever enough to read the meaning, much as the Tommy lee Jones character does. It did not go where I expected or say what I expected, but this is all to it's credit. the end was a little weak, but this is very much worth watching on the big screen and likely watching over again.

I'm impressed. Also, the acting was brilliant.  

Niran_Betta_Fish

Swashbuckling Man-Lover

37,190 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Waffles! 25

greenamethyst

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:23 pm
sad Very dissappointed in this movie, finally saw it and it was great 3/4 of the way through, after Woody Harrolson showed up it went way down hill. Aweful ending! Sorry I wasted my time watching it.  
T3h Movie World

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff