Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
Where do you rent your movies!? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Where do you rent?
  Blockbuster
  Netflix
  Redbox
  Movie Gallery
  Hollywood Video
  Other
View Results

Sir Raunchy McTendersoft

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:34 am
Movie renting companies are clashing with each other with the availability of getting movies quick and cheap. Blockbuster Online and Netflix rival over the internet. The only thing Blockbuster has over Netflix are stores. Netflix gives their users the option of downloading the movie straight to your computer. Both companies offer a free trial of which ever program they have. The Red Box is also gaining popularity. Redbox is only $1 dollar a night, with no late fee's. The only thing about Redbox is...you can only fit so many titles in that one little red box. Each rental company has their ups and downs, pros and cons.

So TMG, where do you rent your movies?

Do you favor one over the other?

Share your experience.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Do the poll!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:34 pm
I don't rent them. I DL them, and if I like it I'll go buy it.  

V1RTUAL PLAGUE

Asha2188

Eloquent Cat

18,590 Points
  • Egg Collector 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Prepared for Liftoff 50
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:53 pm
i rent movies from Hollywood Video because it's the only place around where i live that u can rent movies from.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:05 am
Hollywood video because they have a very nice foreign and horror section, at least the one I go to does. And all rentals are 5 days.  

Kenshin1387

xChai

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:23 am
I rent from Netflix because there are no late fees so you can have a movie for as long as you want whee
The only draw back is if you receive a movie and then send it back the very next day, you wont get another one until around four+ days later stare Its because they figure you can wait a little longer than the people who keep their movies for say, like a week. So its almost pointless to send the DVD back right away and expect to get one in two days. Maybe not everyones Netflix is like this, but the one that ships to Northern Cali. is razz

(('eh.... I guess is the longest reply post on here so far xd heh heh))  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:53 pm
i rent from blockbuster and netflix because one is within walking distance and the other one as no late fees  

Prestige Class

Misfit_the

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:13 pm
uhhh... I'm a Rogers fan...

Do none of you have a Rogers???  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:35 am
Youtube or Bit Torrent...or friends.  

cold_blooded_chick

Sir Raunchy McTendersoft

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:54 am
xChai
I rent from Netflix because there are no late fees so you can have a movie for as long as you want whee
The only draw back is if you receive a movie and then send it back the very next day, you wont get another one until around four+ days later stare Its because they figure you can wait a little longer than the people who keep their movies for say, like a week. So its almost pointless to send the DVD back right away and expect to get one in two days. Maybe not everyones Netflix is like this, but the one that ships to Northern Cali. is razz

(('eh.... I guess is the longest reply post on here so far xd heh heh))

You can do the same thing with the blockbuster online. You can also take the movies you get at your house and take them to the blockbuster store and get free movies for every envelope you get them. So you can watch your free one while you wait for your online one to come in the mail.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:29 pm
I rent most movies at BlockBuster, because my mom won't buy any movies anymore.  

Xsilver_cloudX

Invisible Hunter

MDA_Tycoon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:44 pm
I see I am the first voter for Movie Gallery.

I guess it, after all, isn't the most popular movie store out there. But it is all we have in town, after Majestic Video, like a lot of other crappy buildings in my hometown, burned down. wahmbulance  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:21 am
MDA_Tycoon

I guess it, after all, isn't the most popular movie store out there. But it is all we have in town, after Majestic Video, like a lot of other crappy buildings in my hometown, burned down. wahmbulance

Looks like your avi burned down too. O___o  

Sir Raunchy McTendersoft

MDA_Tycoon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:43 pm
Sir Raunchy McTendersoft
MDA_Tycoon

Looks like your avi burned down too. O___o
Yeah, I guess that would be a representation of my hometown.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:09 pm
Oh yeah, last Thursday there was a small fire in the walk-in freezer at the Dairy Queen in town. The restaurant is currently closed indefinately.

But to stay on subject, I remember Majestic Video before it burned down. They had a nice 5 for 5 for 5 deal. That means five movies for five nights for five dollars.

They also have a Red Box at the Wal-Mart and McDonald's now, so we rent some from there from time to time.  

MDA_Tycoon

Sir Raunchy McTendersoft

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:24 pm
MDA_Tycoon
Oh yeah, last Thursday there was a small fire in the walk-in freezer at the Dairy Queen in town. The restaurant is currently closed indefinately.

But to stay on subject, I remember Majestic Video before it burned down. They had a nice 5 for 5 for 5 deal. That means five movies for five nights for five dollars.

They also have a Red Box at the Wal-Mart and McDonald's now, so we rent some from there from time to time.

Wow. McDonald's too?

Redbox sounds like its doing well.  
T3h Movie World

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas