Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
Books that would make good movies. Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Marcus McFlufferson

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:57 pm
Damnit. There are so many books out there that really should have been made into movies by now!

I don't know how many people have read it, but one book I think should definitely be made into a movie is 'The Physician' by Noah Gordon. And I'm not the only one.

What about y'all.
Any books you'd like to see made into a movie?

And if you can think of any, who would you cast as the main characters? They don't have to be living actors.

I've thought about the cast for Physician quite a lot, but the only member I think would be perfect would be Oliver Reed as the Barber Surgeon.
If any of you have actually read the book you'll know who I mean. D:

I think it goes without saying that you shouldn't post any detailed story lines about the books, in case people don't want the plot ruining.
And please, no comics. -_-

Also, please don't just reply with some opinion about books turned movies and not answer the question.
I'm not usually such a picky guy, but that bugs the hell out of me.
If you want to post your opinion, sure. Great. We all have them and they're good to be shared.
But at least answer the thread too.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:11 pm
I generally odnt like my books made into to movies or reversed. In movies easier to show actions instead of a reader trying to visualize a complicated scene but you dont get the emotions or thoughts in a movie like you do with a book.

But I thought they made The Virgin Suicides into a good movie and I like Girl, Interupted movie better then the book.

But then you get the horrible movies like Fahrenheit 451 and the Secret Life of Walter Mitty.  

Terrible_Beauty_Sublime

Marcus McFlufferson

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:50 pm
Terrible_Beauty_Sublime
I generally odnt like my books made into to movies or reversed. In movies easier to show actions instead of a reader trying to visualize a complicated scene but you dont get the emotions or thoughts in a movie like you do with a book.

But I thought they made The Virgin Suicides into a good movie and I like Girl, Interupted movie better then the book.

But then you get the horrible movies like Fahrenheit 451 and the Secret Life of Walter Mitty.

Which is precisely why I asked something completely different than your opinion on books turned movies. You have offered nothing for what I actually asked. -_-'

But to come back at your point, please bear in mind that about half of movies already come from a book originally.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:45 pm
I was gonna post "The Lovely Bones" by Alice Sebold, but after perusing Wikipedia, I found that it is being made into a film. With Peter Jackson directing and Rachel Weisz and Saorise Ronan in the principal roles, I have a good feeling about this film!  

RedWhiteBlack
Crew

trytocallithome

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:50 pm
Go Ask Alice would be effing amazing.
Or Crank, Glass... etc. series.
There really hasn't been a movie like that before other than Thirteen.

Johnny the Homicidal Maniac would be kinda neat, even though it's a comic book... and usually movie adaptations of comic books or graphic novels FAIL horribly (ex: 30 Days of Night. bad, just... bad. Amazing graphic novel; and the movie killed it.)  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:41 pm
trytocallithome
Go Ask Alice would be effing amazing.
Or Crank, Glass... etc. series.
There really hasn't been a movie like that before other than Thirteen.

Johnny the Homicidal Maniac would be kinda neat, even though it's a comic book... and usually movie adaptations of comic books or graphic novels FAIL horribly (ex: 30 Days of Night. bad, just... bad. Amazing graphic novel; and the movie killed it.)

Usually, yes, graphic novels fail as movies. However, did you happen to check out Sin City or Batman Begins? Both are amazing movies based off of graphic novels and comic books, respectively.

But, we're not supposed to discuss comic books, otherwise Marcus might not be happy. So, to make this post worthwhile, I'll say I'd like to see an Ender's Game movie made. I hear it's been in preproduction for some time now, and, according to IMDb, it's got some of the worst crew attached to it. Wolfgang Peterson as director? Well, line right up for another mindless action flick -_-  

RedWhiteBlack
Crew

Mince mii

Distinct Hunter

6,600 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:57 pm
I think the book series The Five Anscestors by Jeff Stone should be made into a movie. Its martial arts in the book would be fun to watch. I don't know who would play them but I hope it would be interesting.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:32 am
I'm not an Orson scott card fan. All the homophobia and ***** turns me off, so i won't be seeing Enders Game even if the crew was good.

May I suggest War for the Oaks by Emma Bull, but only if they get a decent director. I know there's a screen play by the author out there.  

Niran_Betta_Fish

Swashbuckling Man-Lover

37,190 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Waffles! 25

bobfredgeorge05

Sparkly Hoarder

7,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:52 pm
I have jumped on the book wagon for Teen series. I think that the Uglies series would make great movies. I don't know about the fourth book though since I have yet to read it.

I also think that The Abarat by Clive Barker would be a great movie for the imagination. It was a great book and would be a great movie.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:01 pm
Travel Team and Summer Ball by Mike Lupica!  

MDA_Tycoon

MDA_Tycoon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:49 pm
Oooh - another one would be Small Steps, by Louis.. (insert however you spell the guy's name who also wrote Holes) I think the sequel book was awesome and should become a movie as well.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:36 am
I think The Last Apprentice series would make great movies. It's a teen fantasy series. It's most likely that none of you have ever heard of it, but I'm saying this anyway. sweatdrop

I'd probably cast Jeremy Irons (he played Brom in Eragon) as the Spook.
Only one I can think of off the top of my head.  

Quirksy

MDA_Tycoon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:32 pm
Can it count if I mention the little books that could be good television series? I think Hank the Cowdog and the Magic Treehouse would top on the list in that category, lol. razz  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:14 pm
The Anita Black series would make great movies if they were done right  

magicdarkvamp

Wingedspirityayoi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:36 pm
I wouldn't mind seeing The Sight or The Two Princesses of Bamarre be made into movies, but maybe into animatied movies. I don't think live action would fit either of them.  
T3h Movie World

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff