Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
Juno Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MDA_Tycoon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:45 pm
I just watched the movie on DVD last night.

Has anyone else seen it?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:26 pm
I love the movie.
It has such a dry, offbeat humor.
I also liked how simple the movie was because it was meant to reflect the society, not just one persons experience.  

Terrible_Beauty_Sublime

RedWhiteBlack
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:44 pm
Yeah, I just watched this on DVD the other night and absolutely loved it. It's dry humor reminded me of some of the good old British humor that I adore.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:28 am
I saw it in theatres when it came out. I was wondering when a thread for it would pop up. It's pretty much one of my favourite movies now. I love the humour in it and I think they did a great job casting. I also really like the musical choice.  

Strange Kiddo

MDA_Tycoon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:14 pm
I agree with all of your comments.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:18 am
i wanna see it, it looks cool.  

mistress_hydro

7,200 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250

trytocallithome

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:01 pm
eek
We watched Juno in my parenting class last week..

and holyeff, I LOVED it.
Her character was so cool!
Plays guitar, listened to some cool music, completely sarcastic..

and the song at the end was so catchy. "Anything But You"
haha, and it's all only tow chords over and over. G and C lol.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:27 am
trytocallithome
eek
We watched Juno in my parenting class last week..

and holyeff, I LOVED it.
Her character was so cool!
Plays guitar, listened to some cool music, completely sarcastic..

and the song at the end was so catchy. "Anything But You"
haha, and it's all only tow chords over and over. G and C lol.

Yeah, it was the first song I learned on guitar because it's so easy. haha.  

Strange Kiddo

Quixotic Faye

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:08 am
I liked it. I found some of the dialogue off-putting, and I didn't think it deserved a lot of the accolades it got, but it was still a sweet film.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:48 pm
I thought it was good. Does anyone think this film is trying to glamorize teen pregnancy?  

Sir Raunchy McTendersoft

Die Scum

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:43 pm
Quixotic Faye
I liked it. I found some of the dialogue off-putting, and I didn't think it deserved a lot of the accolades it got, but it was still a sweet film.

Agree, and in a way I agree with Sir Rauncy. There were some aspects of it that seemed to glorify pregnancy, the ending was very sugary sweet but there were still moments of melancholy that gave the film a very real aspect.

I liked: The dialogue, I can imagine there are lots of teenagers out there who ecapsulate Juno's persona.

I did not like: The random montage at the beginning and the soundtrack and the relationship between her and the "adoptive father" in the film, I found that quite unnecessary to put in there.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:31 pm
Voodoo Death
Quixotic Faye

Agree, and in a way I agree with Sir Rauncy. There were some aspects of it that seemed to glorify pregnancy, the ending was very sugary sweet but there were still moments of melancholy that gave the film a very real aspect.

I liked: The dialogue, I can imagine there are lots of teenagers out there who ecapsulate Juno's persona.

I did not like: The random montage at the beginning and the soundtrack and the relationship between her and the "adoptive father" in the film, I found that quite unnecessary to put in there.

Yeah I didn't like that either. One thing that just erk'd me was when she was in the convenience store, flailing the pregnancy tester. Then the clerk says "...this is one doodle that can't be un-did home skillet."

C'mon...Who says that home skillet. That was, I think, the only part of the dialouge that I didn't like.

And they also failed to acknowledge all of the STD's she could have contracted! Paulie Bleaker may have been a teenager with a cesspool of raging hormones, but he could of had genital warts or even gonorrhea. Now teenage girls are going to think that the worst thing that's going to happen is that she won't be able to find a loving family to dump her unwanted/unplanned child. But in the end, it's all ok; the band gets back together and we move on with our lives. Baby and care free.  

Sir Raunchy McTendersoft

Strange Kiddo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:07 pm
Quixotic Faye

Why did you find some of the dialogue off-putting?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:09 pm
Sir Raunchy McTendersoft
I thought it was good. Does anyone think this film is trying to glamorize teen pregnancy?

I think certain conservative people might think so, but I don't see it as that at all. You can tell she really struggled with it. She was planning on aborting it, but it shows that she changed her mind. It's just the story of one girls struggle during that time.  

Strange Kiddo

Quixotic Faye

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:21 am
Strange-1 Cosplays
Quixotic Faye

Why did you find some of the dialogue off-putting?
It felt like they were reaching for some cool, hipster vibe and instead it came across as pretentious and annoying. Also, when her water broke and she yelled, "Thundercats are GOOOOOOOO!" I wanted to strangle her.  
T3h Movie World

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff