Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
Cloverfield Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sir Raunchy McTendersoft

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:57 pm
I think this is one of those kinds of movies that you either love or hate. One thing that I really liked was how "real" it felt. Not real like...monsters are going to destroy your city, but how you only knew what the cameraman knew. One thing that contributed to the success of Cloverfield was all of the hype and mystery that stirred. Everyone wanted to know what was going on, what the monster looked like, where it came from. The best thing about this movie is you don't know what the hellz goin' on! I hear there is supposed to be a second one coming out? I'm don't know. But I do know that Cloverfield gets two thumbs up. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:38 pm

I really hope they don't release a second one.

I thought the build up to the monster was good, although the camera angles made me vomit a bit.

[That added to the fear and hype factor].

It would be nice to have some plot questions answered, but that would spoil the *mystery* so to speak.

Die Scum

mistress_hydro

7,200 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:03 pm
i didn't see it but my mom didn't like how it was filmed.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:26 pm
I wouldn't mind a sequel. I loved the camera work, mystery, and the monster of Cloverfield, but I really hate that they are showing a lot of the monster in the commercials for the DVD. I would be super pissed to see it if I hadn't seen the movie yet.  

Kenshin1387

Sir Raunchy McTendersoft

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:05 pm
Yeah some of the camera angles did make me a little sick at times. I've even heard stories of people leaving the theater to go puke in the bathroom.

[@voodoo] Agree'd. I'm kinda glad they did not answer any plot questions, but at the same time I wish they did. But that's what makes the movie. Not knowing the plot.

[@kenshin] I know what you mean. It's really getting bad. Whenever a trailer comes, they show too much. I think it's because all they care about is the box office ticket. All they want is to get you in the door and get your money. And it works. They show all the awesome, cool, funny and controversial material that the movie has in that minute and fifty four seconds. Then you pay eight dollars to see the entire movie in disappointment; but it doesn't matter because they got your money! Maybe it's just me...or maybe this is a tactic they use to get people to watch a crappy movie. I try to avoid watching trailers just so they don't spoil it or get my hopes up.
...I still end up watching trailers some how. gonk  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:12 pm
I am a huge fan of viral advertising, so I was psyched about this movie, as were my friends. We all went to see it together on opening night. Everyone else in the theatre hated it, but we thought it was awesome. I heard there is going to be a second one. I'd really like to see how much more (if any) they reveal. I think there's a lot more to it than we think.  

Strange Kiddo

rocksteadyandbebop

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:53 pm
I just believe the sequal has to be better than the original to even think about making another movie.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:59 pm
Strange-1 Cosplays
I am a huge fan of viral advertising, so I was psyched about this movie, as were my friends. We all went to see it together on opening night. Everyone else in the theatre hated it, but we thought it was awesome. I heard there is going to be a second one. I'd really like to see how much more (if any) they reveal. I think there's a lot more to it than we think.

I know I cant wait to see the next one!  

Sir Raunchy McTendersoft

the necromancer anti-mage

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:41 am
the move was good, it had a kind of realness that you seek from a good monster movie. i just didn't like the ending  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:01 am
rocksteadyandbebop
I just believe the sequal has to be better than the original to even think about making another movie.

I think it will be, because I think they might reveal a little more.  

Strange Kiddo

Strange Kiddo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:02 am
Sir Raunchy McTendersoft
Strange-1 Cosplays

I know I cant wait to see the next one!

Yeah, I'm pretty excited!  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:56 am
If they make another one what does everyone think it should focus on? Should it follow another group of people during the original attack, like a military/scientist group that may have more info? Or should it continue from where the first left off? Or choice C (enter what you think here.)  

Kenshin1387

Strange Kiddo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:51 am
I would like to see the second one talk about Slush-O, because I'm sure the deep-sea drilling and all has something to do with it. I'd love to hear more about that.

I heard the second one takes place on a boat.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 2:26 pm
Should the second movie use the hand held camera again?  

Kenshin1387

rocksteadyandbebop

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 11:22 pm
I would say yes, the 2nd movie should use the hand held camera because we are the youtube generation. I thought it was a good technique.  
T3h Movie World

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff