Do you love nature?
  yyaaa *gives tree a hug*
  nnooo *steps on plants*
  meh, it's pretty I guess.
View Results

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:51 am
I think IN GENERAL, animal lovers tend to like nature and plants. I mean, without green spaces most wild species of animals would be gone forever. I've always been a "tree-hugger" but I've never been much of a gardener. On earth day, I bought my first plant. It was just sssoooo cute. It's a Mimoso Pudica (which means shy plant) it's known as the sensitive plant or touch-me-not. It folds it's leaves at night and opens in the day, but it also folds up to touch. I've been researching the plant and apparently there are special cells in the plant that cause it to fold up when it's touched, shaken or when it gets dark, and this is a survival technique so animals will be less likely to eat it if it's all folded up and drooping. (I been researching it so I don't end up killing it)
here's a pic of it in the morning:
User Image
and at night:
User Image  
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 4:01 pm
KOOL!!! I love plants that do that! I have loads of plants in my room. About... 8. there's *counts fingers* a spider plant, a lade plant, two christmas cactuses, a cactus garden, a citrus tree, an artilleo plant, a potho plant and a fern. Heh heh heh, I have a very green thumb. sweatdrop Where did you get that one? Plants like that ROCK!!!  

Tashayar

Super Goo

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 6:54 pm
That's awesome. One of my grade school science teachers had one of those, and I liked to poke it. xp

I love to grow plants. I have all kinds of flowers and vegetables.. Just put in a bed of strawberries now that it's finally starting to warm up. <3 I don't have any indoor plants, though, because I always forget they exist until it's too late and they're dead. My green thumb stays outside, I guess. >__>  
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 4:57 am
Tashayar
KOOL!!! I love plants that do that! I have loads of plants in my room. About... 8. there's *counts fingers* a spider plant, a lade plant, two christmas cactuses, a cactus garden, a citrus tree, an artilleo plant, a potho plant and a fern. Heh heh heh, I have a very green thumb. sweatdrop Where did you get that one? Plants like that ROCK!!!

I bought it at my college, I think it was a project for the biology students.  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 4:59 am
Super Goo
That's awesome. One of my grade school science teachers had one of those, and I liked to poke it. xp

I love to grow plants. I have all kinds of flowers and vegetables.. Just put in a bed of strawberries now that it's finally starting to warm up. <3 I don't have any indoor plants, though, because I always forget they exist until it's too late and they're dead. My green thumb stays outside, I guess. >__>

lol, I want a vegetable/fruit garden. Since I've been taking environmental biology, I seem to have lost my appetite and organic is very expensive. I'd love to grow my own by don't know anything about it.  
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 7:09 am
Crazy Cat Reincarnated
Tashayar

I bought it at my college, I think it was a project for the biology students.
Aww... *saddness* cry  

Tashayar

Super Goo

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 11:22 am
Crazy Cat Reincarnated
Super Goo

lol, I want a vegetable/fruit garden. Since I've been taking environmental biology, I seem to have lost my appetite and organic is very expensive. I'd love to grow my own by don't know anything about it.

My vegetable garden is bigger than my house. rofl It's easy to grow veggies, all you need is a piece of ground, healthy dirt, and an idea of what will grow in your area. Right now I've got strawberries, garlic, onions, carrots, lettuce, pumpkins, a few different varieties of squash, beets, snap peas, spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, tomatoes, bell peppers, and a whole mess of herbs. All I do it water and weed and they're nice and healthy. (No pesticides, the bugs don't eat that much.) whee You can grow some pretty nice plants in pots if you don't have room in your garden. Just make sure they get enough sun and are near enough to something flowery that they'll attract bees.  
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 11:38 pm
I ADORE those touch-me-nots! I will warn you if you bother them constantly they die. *guilt*

Yes, I think I worried my aunt's to death.  

Kipluck
Crew

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 9:30 pm
I have a venus fly trap his name is stanly and he had a baby named stanly jr stanly has recently turned black though,I hope he is just hybernating but he may be dead we also have 2 tomato plants (Jeremy and JJ (Jeremy jr)) and a hobinuro plant named pee-wee...(I love plants but mine always seem to die even though i take care of them...)  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:01 am
I love plants and nature! Pity I have the death touch on plants. I've killed 3 cacti, one Correa pulchella, and a pumpkin plant I grew from seed. I was given another plant for Christmas and am keeping away from it. I REALLY don't want him to die. Also, I name my plants ^-^

That plant is amazing, I've never seen anything like it but have heard about those kinds of plants. In the southwest of Western Australia there are many carnivorous plants (some of which move) because the soils are so nutrient deficient. They are so cool.  

undacuva_druid

6,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200

Sarahmooo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:11 am
Thats a cute plant 3nodding
My mother has a beautiful garden. It's got like everything in it o.o
We also grow our own lettuce and stuff to feed my lizards. :3

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:37 pm
nice plant. ive never heard of it before. im currently rescuing all my hibiscuses from the wild bunnies. my latest one im trying to make really bushy so it can go into my gargoyle gecko's tank to give her a new place to hide in. i may have to get a giant millipede to keep it healthy though  

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

chelzey rocks

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:27 pm
i love the inviremint  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:32 pm
Eh, im not a huge nature fan ><  

Sexual Escapade