Gate Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xXDeathsHeirXx

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 9:02 pm
Gate

Story: When I woke up I didn't remember anything previous to that moment. I was in a dim hallway lined with doors. The doors varied in shape, color, and even had separate crests upon them. I saw only one door though that lit the hallway as far as I could see. It was circular in shape and dark green. It had a crest upon it which seemed to be a scene from a small farm town in a valley. At first I didn't notice because of my confusion but a small glowing note lay near the door. I unfolded it and read. 'You have been brought here along with the others to make up for what you have done wrong.' After reading that part to my shock and somewhat horror I saw people around me. I decided not to speak to them as I wanted to figure out what was going on. I decided to read further on. 'The doors in this hallway are no doors and this is no hallway. They are entrances to different realms and you are in the area between them. You must restore peace to these realms one at a time to redeem yourself. If you have only started reading this all the entrances in the mid-area are locked. If you are wondering what to call this mid-area call it Gate. You must start your journey with the Valley of Trainquil.' The note ended there. As I looked around it seemed the others had their own notes and understood the same goal...  
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 9:04 pm
Skeleton&Rules

~Rules~
1. No one line posts. I'd like to see at least a paragraph post please.
2. Respect your fellow roleplayers or you get booted to the Monkey Brain list.
3. Minimalize swearing and by that I mean no excessive cursing.
4. Romances are fine but don't allow these romances to take the focus away from the storyline. Which will be hard. So if you can't focus on both romance and continuing your storyline. Then get out or don't romance.
5. Forming a sub-storyline is fine but don't let it contradict to the focus storyline.
6. Semi literacy please. Absolutely none of these **. Use quotations when your character is speaking and when it is not it should either be performing an action or thinking. Using italics for when your character thinks is encouraged. Using bold letters for when your character speaks is encouraged.
7. Be a good roleplayer. Don't force others to carry on the storyline while you do meaningless tasks. Don't roleplay on your own and by that I mean. Your character shouldn't be interacting with NPCs on its own. Or performing important actions or even sub-tasks on its own. Try also to include other characters in your posts as well. By that I mean when about to do something you should invite another character to help or simply come along.
8. Parties or groups of characters are encouraged.
9. Try to be as active as possible.
10. Try to be as friendly as possible.
11. Be creative! Add to the story without changing its focus. Such as anything can happen in the realms but their is always a problem you need to solve. Do not and I mean this complicate things please. I don't want anyone not to know what is going on while you and someone else are completing the objective of the realm.
12. Your character can't be killing anyone unless it has to do with the story.
This isn't a action packed thriller either!
13. Always remember to have fun!

[b]Gaia Name:[/b]
[b]Sex:[/b]
[b]Name:[/b] (This will be given to you later on since you don't remember)
[b]Description or Pic:[/b](No pictures of gaian avis)
[b]Note:[/b] (Worry about this later.)

Don't worry about not having a age set for you. It is a complicated process and at the end of the roleplay I will explain.

Also if you would pm me profiles and abide by my rules as closely as possible.

xXDeathsHeirXx

xXDeathsHeirXx

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 9:11 pm
Characters

Gaia Name: xXDeathsHeirXx (Akkdesu)
Sex:Male
Name: Not yet earned
Pic:User Image
Note:

Gaia Name: Lady_Mac
Sex:Female
Name: She cannot remember
Description or Pic:User Image
Note:

Gaia Name: Charles Dodgson
Sex: Male
Name:
Description or Pic:User Image
Note:

Gaia Name: jadecougar
Sex: female
Name: not a clue...
Appearance: User Image
Note:  
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 9:14 pm
~Locked~  

xXDeathsHeirXx

xXDeathsHeirXx

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 9:15 pm
~Locked~  
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 9:16 pm
~Start~  

xXDeathsHeirXx

xXDeathsHeirXx

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 11:34 pm
After reading the note I felt a notebook or something around me along with a pen. So with these supplies I decided to begin a journal. It was barely lit enough for me to read my own writing and by this point I longed to see what was on the other side of that door. About 30 minutes after consciousness start journal entry "It seems we all have been left with our ability to understand and comprehend things. The only thing that escapes us all is how we have come to know these fragments of perhaps our past lives. I do not understand any of this and decided to calm down and perhaps find out what I do not know by going through that Realm Entrance. We have been told to work together and if the only way out is in union then frantic souls must gather for a quest or so to speak." About 1 hour after consciousness end journal entry.

After waiting around a bit I noticed a few other jotting something down maybe we all got journals to keep. I'm not sure why we are here but soon we must enter that portal. I'll check to see who is safe to go with before choosing...

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 3:04 am
Day 1

I have woken up in a long hallway with several doors all with different faces and knockers. I don't remember very much of my life--if in fact I actually had one. I am assuming I did, as I am currently wearing a white dress. There are others with me. They seem to have no recollection just like me.

I awoke with a letter, this notebook, and the ink pencil I am using to write with. The letter must have come from those bastards that took me. It says that I "have been brought here along with the others to make up for what [we] have done wrong." I wonder... were we all acquainted before we were taken? I doubt it, but it is a possibility. However, I don't think I would like the man in the top hat...

The letter further says that we are in
Gate, and that through each one of these doors is a different realm, whatever that means. It says we have to "restore peace to these realms one at a time to redeem [ourselves]."

Yes, the other people in the hall with me each have the same materials as I. There is a young bloke here who seems alright. He is really calm. It's kind of unnerving. I've been pacing the hall, wrought with thought. Heh, I rhymed. O, if only I had time to laugh.

I'll keep track of my new life via this journal. I hope I keep it when we save these realms, if we don't die in the process...

jadecougar

Lady_Conspiracy

Lucky Rogue

14,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Knight of Flurries 150
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 11:41 am
When I awoke I felt frightened, and reading the ote left for us, only left me more worried and anxious then I had been feeling before. A shiver ran down my spine as I stared at my journel. Plain and simple, something inside of me held onto it as I watched everyone else diligently writing away, joting down notes. Prehaps that was what we were meant to do, it felt okay.

Shakily, I was only able to write out one sentence before I stopped. "Who am I?" The question stabbed at my mind, and I couldn't seem to find any memory of a life, of existing...

Did I exist? The thought hit me hard, knocking me back. What kind of sick psychological game was this. Was I that bad of a person, to be punished like this? Bile rose in my throat but I held it down for my pride. Everyone seemed so relaxed, so content... I was not. Restlessness filled me I couldn't escape it. I wanted to start running, throwing myself to the doors, I couldn't rely on other people to escape this place.

Looking around I stood, my voice suddenly carrying through the silence. "Why don't we do something?" heated, frightened but determined. No one was going to silence me or hold me back, I wanted out of this nightmare, it was time to find out who was going with me.

"I'm getting out of here. I don't know about the rest of you, but we will acomplish nothing by standing here." My eyes burned into the others, "Who is with me?" I asked finally when no one else volunteered to say anything. I held my breath, afraid to be out on my own, but scared to be one with the crowd.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 5:13 pm
I knew she was right, that other lass. She seemed to be most eager to start saving these so-called realms. I was still skeptical. I mean, couldn't whoever put us here be watching us? If we were on the brink of dying, wouldn't they save us? If they were giving us a chance to redeem ourselves, would they really let us die? Before I could object mentally, I stood up and looked at the other girl.

"Yeh know yeh'r right, ya?" I said in my Irish lilt. "The lass' got a point. Right, the sooner we get start'd the better we'd be."

jadecougar

xXDeathsHeirXx

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 5:42 pm
I looked at the two and wondered in what possibly constricted mentality I could possess. It seems we have done something but what? Was it of merit or rather something of evil? It is not known to us all whether this is a punishment or not we arn't being tortured unless you worry of memory. I do not miss what I have no memory of. So to not have a memory means I cannot miss anything. But still I felt like redemption could mean something we did or the fact that we are human. Is it possible that a entire race was on the brink of extinction due to it's own ignorance and violent nature. Perhaps we are rather refugees so to speak. Sent here to be tested as to which one is truly not the evil one. Maybe we are all evil in nature we all have it in us. We merely have to refuse to tap into it. For now I have to assume I am right on this matter not to give in to any temptation or sin what-so-ever.

After pondering this I felt I could hold pride in this rationality but I should not... I can not. I was now fixated on the two taking action again. "It seems apparent something has happened mademoiselle." I said speaking to the one who seemed rather anxious. "But you mustn't be so rash about the situation. We were told to band together I suggest we do so as to avoid any other danger that might be present. It's all we can do now isn't it?" I wasn't very enthusiastic about teaming up with a stranger but I knew this one was able in mind but not ready to handle anything on her own yet. Perhaps I feared she might face punishment of some sort I decided to raise my arm. "I will go with you mademoiselle perhaps together we may explore the true reason of this Gate place." I said walking closer to her trusting she would allow me to volunteer going on this epic quest with her. It seemed silly that such a thing be brought to us but we must always act with a serious, able, and sharp mind...

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 6:12 pm
So he was French...? We seemed to be a diverse group so far, making it less likely for us all to have known each other. Redemption. That was our only hope: to save ourselves by saving the realms. How symbolic, yet diabolical.

"Bullocks," I cursed under my breath. What did we have to do in these realms? I joined the other two that wanted to move on, and said, "I feel we've all got to work together, ya?" I looked at our fourth companion. "Em, are yeh comin'?" I shrugged and looked to my newest companions. "Aye, I'm comin' with yeh. But, em, which door leads to-" I scanned the letter for our first destination, "-the Tranquil Fields? One of these doors must lead to this place. C'mere, one of these must be open, ya?"

I started to check the different doors for the open one, feeling rather silly checking a bunch of curiously locked doors. After trying all of them except for the one where our reluctant friend was sitting, I gave him a stare that was obvious I was losing my nerve with his lack of action. "Em, excuse me?"

jadecougar

Lady_Conspiracy

Lucky Rogue

14,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Knight of Flurries 150
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 7:13 pm
I rolled my eyes at the girl's nervousness suddenly feeling a burst of anger at being caged here. My restlessness had me bent on getting out of here. I nodded at the both of them, it was good to hear others too wanted out of here. If we needed to prove ourselves worthy, to attone for our actions in our... 'existance' then so be it. I would not be thrown into a hallway like a caged animal. I would prove myself. I didn't have a memory, I didn't have an existance that I knew of. So what could I have done? What did I even have to make up for? I bit my lip and walked to the first door at the end of the hall... Something told me it was the right place to start.

Gently I pulled the door open, revealing a portal like entrance way. I looked back at the girl and the guy who volunteered. I smiled at the french boy and the irish girl. They seemed ready for it, and suddenly staring into the open portal my anxieties disappeared. It was adventure and suddenly... I was longing for it, to experience it.

To find out my identity, my existence... The prospect was something to look forward to. And if my existance was that of a cruel person, I could change it. At least I would know who I was.

"Well, if we are suppose to team up, then lets take some action!" My voice cut clear, suddenly unafraid. "Anyone else with us?" I offered, I looked into the portal, longing to go, longing to take action... There was so much to discover, and we weren't going to do it sitting here discussing things over.

13: Rp Forest

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff