Reply Rainbow Bridge
I still hear him in the hallway at night... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Glycine Yak

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:55 pm
His name was Marley, named after Bob Marley... He was and old dog, really old when he died. He was a golden retriever, but he had red/brown fur... And grey as he aged... The nicest dog you could meet, he'd never bitten anyone his whole life... He was all bark. He barked at everything, and everyone, but that was his way of saying, "Hello."

My dog was really noisy at night... He was always scratching the ground, panting, and barking softly every now and then... We tried to get him to sleep on his bed, but for some reason he liked the hallway better... And it was even nosier hearing his feet against the hard floor.

A couple of years ago, one or two, he died... I wasn't as attached to him as my brother and parents, and I think that's why I miss him most. Because I wasn't there and I didn't pay attention as much, I think when he died I was most upset about not being able to be closer to him... I did love him, don't get me wrong, but I guess it's like what they say, "You don't realize what you have until it's gone."

I cried the hardest, and felt the worst about it... And for the next several months I could still hear him in the hallway. Once I was even about to call to him to be quiet. It took me a while to realize he wasn't there anymore. I heard him, even though he wasn't there... Eventually I stopped hearing it every night, but recently I heard it again, and I wonder if he really still is in that hallway, waiting for someone to call him a 'good boy' and give him a treat. Maybe that day will come when I really can hug Marley again.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:16 am
next time u hear it go an see if u can c his ghost...but, spo0o0o0oky!  

Jakeypake

Glycine Yak

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:58 am
Kinda... I never really believed in ghosts and stuff... Maybe it's a message beyond the grave?
Lolz.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:27 am
When my pet rabbit died, I used to hear his cage rattling when he walks at night. Then I remember that he died. That's pretty weird huh?  

xParanormal Angelx

Larka-love

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:55 pm
when my cat died I use to see him out of the corner of my eye sometimes I would say hey marshmallow but released he was gone then we moved and some times I still see him crying crying cry cry  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:49 am
aww what a sad tale! I feel for you. When I lost my hampster Sandy (I had her for like 7 years. Wow eh?) I could always her her chewing at her bars and running in her wheel. Surprising enough, I actually saw the wheel move, and every morning I would see paint chipped off of the bars. It creeped me right out, but I decided that if she was still there then she must've really loved me. So I decided that I'd change the bedding so that it was all nice and stuff, put some food in there and change the water every day just so that she'd feel comfortable until she finally left (which she didn't)

the best thing that i can say that may or may not make you feel better, is to make it seem like you notice them, even if your parents think you've gone mad and want to send you away to get 'better'. Maybe all that he's looking for is for someone to say 'good boy' or give him a treat. Perhaps you should try it out. Leave a dog bone where he usually slept, tell him he's a good boy, or at night tell him to go to bed. Some animals really do get attached to people, and as much of a pain as it can be, its sometimes really comforting to hear them in their old routine even after they're gone.  

Delegara

Welcoming Fairy

8,900 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

chonps

Genius

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:03 am
I used to have a chocolate lab but he died from a terrible tick that he had.The vet put him to sleep. I can sometimes feel his soft fur on my face while I am sleeping.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:13 am
I had a boxer named Daisey, she died a year ago from a tumor. She always slept on my bed, mostly hogging the covers. Sometimes I can still feel her jumping up onto the bed, it's just her way of saying that she still loves me or at least thats what I think.  

Shadow_Kitsune15

Volkanon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:21 am
Creepy and I'm sorry for you...
Its like what happened to me when my hamster Luna died. She was so sweet. Never bit anyone unless they tried to hurt her. Well she died one day and I cried which is normal for me when I lose a pet. Anyways a week later I was studying in my room when I swear I saw my hamster Luna on the floor nibbling on paper. I watched in shocked wondering if that was really my hamster that died. I walked out of my room and took a deep breath then steeped back in. She was gone or whatever it was...
I don't know what I saw was real or trickery from my eyes.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:11 am
I had the same thing happen to me, I had a cat I called White Tiger that died like 4 years ago or so I lost track. Anyway, how he died was jsut awful. I was asleep on the couch then woke up to him dead on the basement floor. Before I feel asleep, I tried to get to him to eat and dink be he was too weak to stand so I picked him up and till he didn't. I want to kick myself for even sleeping while he was ill, I should have been with him. but yeah after he died, I was sitting on our old computer and I felt him rubbing against my leg. I looked under the desk and his brother was further in the back under it, and I still felt it so I looked down and nothing was there. I'd also hear him meow in my kitchen in the late hours of the night.

In the end, I was devastated. I told my best friend about it then her and this other girl told me to reciet something from the Bible. It sent his spirit away, and to this day I regret even saying what they told me to say. I miss and love him dearly.

R.I.P
White Tiger
&
Koga  

XxXxDMErenaxXxX

georgequinn1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:18 pm
thats a funny thing cuase i has a aquarim of fish we cared for them they still died and i didnt have that feeling question question question  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:10 pm
Aww, that's so sad! You poor thing!

n o n n i e t he p o n y

Sparkly Fairy

Remus_Lupin3

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:21 pm
It's fantastic to see that you can remember your dog in such a fantastic way.

RIP Marley.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:45 pm
I had a cat named Marley. He got hit by a car. He too was named after Bob Marley. He was an outdoor cat sometimes he would leave the house in the day and come back. Once he never did. We eventually put up signs and on my way to school this lady called and said she had seen a dead cat on the side of the rode. I went to school crying.  

gonebananas07

Yami no Chiru Sakura

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:34 pm
That had happened to me in my old house eek
My old border collie,Barney,used to try to dig through the floorboards,he used to grunt and roll around trying to get comfy. his happened in the hallway outside my bedroom. I was only litle and used to giggle at him. 3nodding
He started to become very ill,not enough blood getting to his brain or something like that. We had to put him down as we could not watch him suffer any longer crying Afer he was cremated,I still used to hear the sound of him in the hallway,but this time I was scared stiff. eek
He used to turn the radio on and off too. I could actually hear the switch click crying

R.I.P Barney crying  
Rainbow Bridge

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces