Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
The Happening Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What has been your favorite M. Night Shyamalan film?
  Praying with Anger
  Wide Awake
  The Sixth Sense
  Unbreakable
  Signs
  The Village
  Lady In the Water
  The Happening
View Results

Kenshin1387

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:12 am
I am excited about The Happening coming out tomorrow and will be going to see it. I am a fan of M. Night's movies and am excited for this R rating so the younger kids won't be in there screaming/talking whille others are trying to watch the film in peace. (No offense to you younger people that know how to conduct yourself in a theater!!)

Anyone else looking forward to this film?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:01 pm

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The movie looks good, but a lot of people said it sucked...
Besides I cant watch it cause Im going out of the country[ emo ] but Yay for vacation User Image

♠ ◊ ♣ ♥

Octaru250
Crew

Kenshin1387

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:08 pm
Octaru250

Besides I cant watch it cause Im going out of the country[ emo ] but Yay for vacation User Image

♠ ◊ ♣ ♥

I know a lot of people that hated The Village and Lady in the Water too, but I really enjoyed both. If it was critics that didn't like the movies I usually disregard what they say because most of the time we have differing opinions.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:29 pm
Kenshin1387
Octaru250

♠ ◊ ♣ ♥

I know a lot of people that hated The Village and Lady in the Water too, but I really enjoyed both. If it was critics that didn't like the movies I usually disregard what they say because most of the time we have differing opinions.

Meh, I think critiques have got it right with both The Village and Lady in the Water... about half the critiques liked The Village while half didnt... this goes with people too. There are the ones who loved it and the ones who hated it. You will find this is about equally split in half as well. Personally I loved it the first time watching and hated it the second... Lady in the Water was rightfully bashed by critiques... it was just... terrible... and I feel that with the big miss on M. Nights last movie he really needs to have another movie with the success of The Sixth Sense... looking at Rotten Tomatoes it doesn't look like thats going to happen... although I am still going to see The Happening because I am a fan on M. Night and hopefully it will be good.  

Misfit_the

rocksteadyandbebop

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:52 am
I liked Lady in the Water for the characters and the fantasy story. If I was younger I believe I would have loved it a lot more. I seem to get drawn into his movies, even if they can be slow at times. That doesnt bother me. I like M. Night and I'm a fan. I will keep watching his movies to see what he comes up with in the future.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:40 am
Signs was the one movie of his that I liked the least, it had some good scares but the ending was so fast and the aliens looked really fake.

I think that people disliked Lady in the Water because they aren't a big fantasy fan and seeing how I love me some Disney movies it was easy to like the film and I kinda figured going into it that it wasn't going to be like his other films. I commend him on changing it up a bit.  

Kenshin1387

Misfit_the

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:23 pm
Kenshin1387
Signs was the one movie of his that I liked the least, it had some good scares but the ending was so fast and the aliens looked really fake.

I think that people disliked Lady in the Water because they aren't a big fantasy fan and seeing how I love me some Disney movies it was easy to like the film and I kinda figured going into it that it wasn't going to be like his other films. I commend him on changing it up a bit.

Its not that I don't like fantasy... but Lady in the Water.... there was just too much in too little time. So much information had to be retained and in that his characters lacked believability. Everyone is confronted with this mythical story and no one questions its realism... they all just take it as real. Nobody does that... someone is going to question. Its not even that the acting was bad... Paul Giamatti was great as always... hahaha M. Night can act... who knew. Its just that there were holes in the story line and the characters lacked.... and I don't know how much Disney is fantasy... usually they ruin the storyline to fit the needs of children.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:10 pm
im super excited about The Happening. I was excited to see Zooey Deschanel, John Leguizamo, and Mark Wahlberg because they are some of my favorite actress/actors. So i really really hope that it is good. because i like M. Night Shyamalan's work.

I really wasnt a big fan of The Village. I thought it was going to be scary but i was disappionted cuz i wanted to be scared..but i still thought it was good and i never got to see lady in the water which makes me sad cuz it looked really good to me..and i cant find it on dvd even thought its been out for awhile now.  

JaeJae09

Magnetic Fatcat

Kenshin1387

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:34 am
I really, really, really, enjoyed The Happening. Not what I thought it was going to be with the overly hyped !!R RATING!! And I know why people aren't going to like the movie either, the believability factor of the movie and that people are actually going to have to put a few minor details together for themselves instead of having it given to them. But hey it's a movie, it's not real life. Marky Mark's performance was a little awkward in some spots but it really didn't detract from the movie for me.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:14 pm
Eek I thought it was horrible! I couldnt stand the acting, and I just thought it had no real plot. It was just them stuck in a small town with a kid running from the wind. WTF?
And then it ends randomly? Plus it wasnt scary, the only part that scared me Was the porcelain doll, because I'm really freaked out by those things.

And then the lady screaming at Mark in the house when he found the doll, everyone in the theater jumped at that. but that was it, most of the time we just sat there bored laughing our asses off. And then complaining about the movie afterwards

The Trailers where good though.

X Files, Wanted and Babylon AD look really good.  

sankapoo

8,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Panda Teeth

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:37 pm
The Happening was one of those 'so bad it's funny' movies.

The X-Files trailer was worth the movie ticket though. *twirls*

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:37 pm
I am pretty sure I am the only person in the US that actually liked the movie, oh well, it wouldn't be the first time.  

Kenshin1387

sankapoo

8,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:57 pm
Panda Teeth
The Happening was one of those 'so bad it's funny' movies.

The X-Files trailer was worth the movie ticket though. *twirls*

I know the trailers were more exciting the the actual movie. xD

yay Vin Diesel *swoon*

xd  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:51 pm
The Happening was pretty funny...
It was so weird that it seemed pointless but I got the meaning of it.
So far, the M. Night movies I've seen have been kinda weird and not the best I've seen. Oh well. They're quite entertaining after a while of watching them.  

jademoon16

Gedral

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:35 am
Like all M. Night movies, he takes a very thin concept and spends two hours exploring it. The acting and dialogue is stilted but funny. The ending is anti-climatic. If you appreciate the art of movie making and M. Night movies, you will like it.  
T3h Movie World

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff