Submit

je ne regrette rien

Aged Shopper

5,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:56 pm
Onix was my black lab. she was two years old and she was the most lovable dog i have ever had in my life! Then one day she would just growl at my dad, mom, 2 brothers, and sister. But NEVER me. I didnt know she did that untill my dad told me that:"Paige, im sorry to say this, but we half to get rid of onix. she just keeps attaking the horses and cows." And i was like: "alright." and i was fine with it, because he said his friend wanted her. so one night, he said:"ok, that guy is comming to get her at 11:00 at night. ok?" and 11 rolled around and my dad said: "hes outside paige" and i was like: "ok, can i come with you?" and he told me no. and i felt pretty bad and stuff. so it was 4 months later, and it was 11:15 at night and i was sitting on the deck with my dad and he said: "do you want to know the truth?" and i said:"about what?" and he said:"onix." i told him yeah, and he told me: "Paige, i had to put her to sleep. she was acting weird and she would growl at us, and if she was to kill your brother..." and i ran in the house and cried and i was screaming and stuff and i called my boyfriend and he said: "Its ok paige. Here, he didnt want to do it, its just that...well, she probably got bit by something. ya know?" and i cried more, and hung up and that was the worst thing ever. Then my dad came in and told me that he tied her up, pet her, gave her some food and brought my brother out there. and then he shot her. and i noticed that the day she..."left", there was blood everywhere out in the feild.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:03 pm
OMG HE COULD HAVE KILLED HER IN A HUMANE WAY!!!!
its one thing to kill your dog withought telling you, but to do so in such an inhumane way..why i oughta.......sry but FLIP YOUR FLIIPIN DAD WITH NO HEART GOD DAMBITO!!! i wana cry now..... sad sad sad : sad : (: (: (: ( sad sad : ( sad :
i reallllllly
PLEASE TELL YOUR DAD SOME ONE THINKS HE IS VERY INHUMANE AND HEARTLESS, AND HE SHOULD'VE GONE TO A VET
i bet he didnt even care about u rut dog....i sooooo sry but fluck him...i really dont want to know the answer but...did she.....die long?  

Anmlsikocc

Wildy Nasharra

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:07 pm
thats a cruel way to kill a dog, he shouldn't have done that without reason, and did he even take her to the vet before doing that??  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:10 pm
She died slowly. yes. and Did he take her to the vet? No.  

je ne regrette rien

Aged Shopper

5,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200

phritzz

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:20 pm
that's really horrible, i'm sorry. do u know if yer dog ha rabies or something?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:21 pm
christmas_day
She died slowly. yes. and Did he take her to the vet? No.

WHAT??? HE DIDNT TAKE HER TO THE VET??? HOW COULD SOMEO- ugh. that is SOO inhumane in many ways. crying does he even have a reason not to take her to the vet??? and how could they watch her die??? they better of creid and cared!!!!  

Anmlsikocc

Da Ebil Duckeh

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:37 pm
Your father chose a very cruel way to kill that poor dog. He first of all, should have taken her to a vet, and had her tested out. Second, he should have understood that it may not have been a bite that had caused her nature, it may be something about your brother and others that was irritating her. Who knows what your brother did to her, did you guys confront him of that? I hope you did. He should have put out an ad, requesting that the dog be rehomed to a loving family, and put a fee on the dog for the new owner, so you'll be sure that Onix was rehomed to a good, caring home. Owners who get free dogs tend to abuse their pets more. If the tests did turn out positive for rabies, then he should have had her put down through a shot, which would have been painless and unpainful for her.

Honestly, your father is a very cruel person, and I'm sorry if that sounds harsh. He should have done this all, before taking any action. If it the fees was too much, then he shouldn't own a dog, because dogs are a responsibility that you are tied to once you get one. That's the way it is with any pet, actually, whether the pet be from fish, to horses. If he couldn't afford it, he shouldn't have gotten a dog. I hope she rests in peace.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:38 pm
I know people are pretty worked up about it being inhumane to kill a dog by shooting it, but perhaps it was fast? I don't know how christmas_day's Dad did it, but when an animal needs to be destroyed on a farm it's generally shot.

Personally, my family doesn't have money to call a veterinarian to euthanize every animal on our farm, it simply gets a bullet through the brain. It's relatively quick, and there is minimal pain considering the other option is to let it slowly die in the pasture. In this case, if Onix was rabid, then she would have died in a horrible painful manner and likely taking others with her. After the aggression shows itself in rabid animals, they become unable to drink water or swallow their own saliva, hence the alternate name for rabies, hydrophobia. After foam appears around the mouth paralysis is quick to come. She would have died in pain and terrified.

Christmas_day's Dad doesn't come off to me as a sadistic man so I'm sure he didn't torture Onix by making death painful. For God's sake he gave her food before he performed the deed, that speaks of some compassion.

sagirafire

Remus_Lupin3

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:55 pm
I think it's terrible that your dad lied to you about killing you dog and then he told you what he really did. I think it's disgusting that he didn't tell you the truth in the first place, but I agree with everything Sagirafire has said, and I do think he did what was best for little Onix, even if he did get shot.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:06 pm
That is awful and cruel
First
He should had tried to help her
If he did put her down
He should had taken her to the vet  

Neodelite

je ne regrette rien

Aged Shopper

5,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:09 pm
sagirafire
I know people are pretty worked up about it being inhumane to kill a dog by shooting it, but perhaps it was fast? I don't know how christmas_day's Dad did it, but when an animal needs to be destroyed on a farm it's generally shot.

Personally, my family doesn't have money to call a veterinarian to euthanize every animal on our farm, it simply gets a bullet through the brain. It's relatively quick, and there is minimal pain considering the other option is to let it slowly die in the pasture. In this case, if Onix was rabid, then she would have died in a horrible painful manner and likely taking others with her. After the aggression shows itself in rabid animals, they become unable to drink water or swallow their own saliva, hence the alternate name for rabies, hydrophobia. After foam appears around the mouth paralysis is quick to come. She would have died in pain and terrified.

Christmas_day's Dad doesn't come off to me as a sadistic man so I'm sure he didn't torture Onix by making death painful. For God's sake he gave her food before he performed the deed, that speaks of some compassion.

yes. you are right. and putting a dog to sleep by an injection is EXPENSIVE! and she is right about everything she said.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:17 pm
Thats a terrible way to put something under. At least take him to the vet or to a shelter. I'd run away.  

Baconbits_on_VMK

n o n n i e t he p o n y

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:52 pm
That's horrible. sad I feel so sorry for you and poor Onix!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:06 pm
I understand that to put a dog to sleep is expensive, but it sounds like your dad shot her in way that could have been.. much, much more humane. If you have to shoot the dog, at least make it instant, you know? Like sagirafire said, at least aim for the head..

I'm so sorry for you and your dog.. It really is cruel and unfair, the things life deals you sometimes..  

Tihmiishu

LastHearts

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:12 pm
That’s just a sick inhuman way to kill a dog! Even if Onix growled she deserved to be humanly put to sleep, I can’t believe someone would be cruel enough to make a dog or any animal suffer a horrible death like that.
Not to sound mean but for you that say its too expensive to put animals to sleep WAKE UP seventy bucks won’t set you back much and its worth the price, doesn’t it make you feel better to know your pet just fell asleep rather then shot in the head??! Animals cost money and if you don’t have enough to take care of them you should not own any.  
Rainbow Bridge

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff