Submit

head count
  +1
View Results

codydark

Hygienic Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:11 am
hey peoples

okey so heres the deal, this is an avatar competition.
I want to see what outfits you can come up with that are stylish, creative yet cheap! This means no donation items.

The cheaper your outfit costs the better.

so dress yourself up. include a list of everything your wearing and the total cost.

there will be 100 places and it costs 200g to enter.you can enter more then one outfit but each entry costs 200g to enter, pm me and submit your entry here! i will post up your avatar in the entrants section

the winner will win 10k in gold!

if you want to donate, 100% of the donation goes to the winner. of course, if i get enough donations for the competition there may be a 2nd and third prize too!

Judging:
I will be the only Judge. I will be judging on origionality, creativity and style^^

entrants:
User Image

Wow, thanks everyone who's entered so far. Im gonna update the entrants as soon as i can. so anyone who has entered and didnt send me a screen cap of their outfit, please do so now! And dont forget the price list too!

I hope your having fun!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:56 am
What a creative idea! And it makes it possible for a new person to actually win. Thank you. 3nodding  

engineer-of-doom
Captain

Original Visionary

15,050 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Object of Affection 150

codydark

Hygienic Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:51 am
engineer-of-doom
What a creative idea! And it makes it possible for a new person to actually win. Thank you. 3nodding

thanks hun^^i figured it was time something was done to give em a hand in a creative way other then donations etc

feel free to enter^^ or add to the prize if you like. every donation goes to the winner of course  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:37 pm
bump  

codydark

Hygienic Hunter

codydark

Hygienic Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:03 am
bumo  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:59 am
bump  

Living Ink
Crew

saphire023

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:23 am
I'll enter  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:57 pm
bump  

codydark

Hygienic Hunter

LuLuLu

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:46 pm
Considering entering but right now I don't seem to have any creative juices flowing into me.

Good luck to all competitors!  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:48 am
LuLuLu
Considering entering but right now I don't seem to have any creative juices flowing into me.

Good luck to all competitors!

:3 if you feel up to it let me know^^ if you could pass the word around that would be great^^  

codydark

Hygienic Hunter

bluecherry
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:18 pm

The idea of running a cheap avatars contest is always nice and I'm good at working on tight budgets, but there's a couple reasons as it stands I don't want to enter. First, the contest is too big I think. It is practically impossible to get such huge contests to fill up even in the avatar talk forum and even when they are free to enter. It will take far too long to get this contest going most likely. Second, how is the judging going to work is unspecified. There's too many people to do in a single poll and if you did multiple polls how wow would you be determining the winner? Would you just say whoever got the most votes out of every poll won? Or would you do it in two rounds of voting? Or would you use judges? If you used judges, who is judging and what criteria are they using? Third, with that many people to compete against, it is likely enough there could be many equally good entries and so the winner would depend a lot on luck ( especially with the limited options the budget gives) and so for only possibly winning half of the money collected from the entry fees, the reward doesn't seem worth how high the risk is that you're just throwing away you're gold even if you've made a nice avatar. Fourth, you haven't specified if this is real avatars only or if creations from simulators are allowed (I know it may seem obvious to you witch one you meant, but in my experience it is equally common for an "avatar contest" to be just people's real avatars or those and simulator creations too.)

Nice idea, but if nothing else I think specifying how the winner will be decided, if simulator creations are allowed or not, and shrinking the number of entries would be a good idea.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:11 pm
bump  

saphire023

Malfait

1,700 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:30 pm
brooooooooooooooooooooooom brooooooooooooom brooooooooooooom  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:59 am
oooh maybe i should enter