Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Japanese Student Guild

Back to Guilds

The place to learn about Japan and all facets of Japanese culture 

Tags: Japanese, Student, Guild 

Reply The Japanese Student Guild
Nihongo No Toppiku (aka intermediate Japanese conversation) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 43 44 45 46 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Freakezette
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:41 pm
Want to Chat in Japanese? Do it here. Make sure your encoding in set to Unicode or a Japanese encoding (usually under view>encoding in your browser menu)

I'm somewhat loosely designating this topic as the "Intermediate" conversation topic. Every school seem to teach at a much different pace, so I'll leave it up to you to determine what level you're at. There is now a Beginners conversation topic, so if all this stuff is over your head, certainly feel free to post there. Beginners Conversation

If you type in kana, it's appreciated if you type in romaji as well so people whose computers deny them japanese can read too.

日本語で話したいですか。ここに話してく� さい。
名前はローレンです。大学生で、日本語の学生です。私の日本語はダメです。日本へ行くことがありません。 crying  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:16 pm
eek *dies from kanji usage*

Um.. furigana, please?

And since I can't type in hiragana...

Konnichiwa! Watashiwa Mimeiko desu. koko sannensei desu. jyunana sai desu. manga ga daisuki desuyo!

nihongo wa muzukashi desune... watashi wa yokunai desu.

And that's a really quick intro. It's extremely wierd to see that in romanji. sweatdrop  

mimeiko

Xamiyune

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:28 pm
I caint see it.. it's all a bunch of weird symbols eek  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:41 pm
Xamiyune
I caint see it.. it's all a bunch of weird symbols eek
Go to your brower menu, click view>encoding>unicode or a japanese code, check out the FAQs if that doesn't work.  

Freakezette
Captain

Freakezette
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:48 pm
mimeiko
eek *dies from kanji usage*

Um.. furigana, please?

And since I can't type in hiragana...

Konnichiwa! Watashiwa Mimeiko desu. koko sannensei desu. jyunana sai desu. manga ga daisuki desuyo!

nihongo wa muzukashi desune... watashi wa yokunai desu.

And that's a really quick intro. It's extremely wierd to see that in romanji. sweatdrop

Can you do furigana online? I don't even know. Here's the kana and the romanji version

なまえはローレンです。だいがくせいです。わたしのにほんごはダメです。にほんへいくことがありはません。

namae wa rooren(lauren) desu. daigakusei desu. watashi no nihongo wa dame desu. nihon e ikukoto ga arimasen.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:46 pm
"Ikukoto" ga ego de nan desuka? wakarimasen... sweatdrop

anata wa nihongo ga tokui desu! daigakusei desune... anata ga watashi no senpai! ^___^

Quick rant in english:
I HATE my sensei! He's a korean-american teaching Japanese. And he's not even good at it! Rawrg! My first year I had a Japanese sensei, and she waas so incredibly sweet, and she could actually answer questions.

How's your sensei?  

mimeiko

Freakezette
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:28 pm
mimeiko
"Ikukoto" ga ego de nan desuka? wakarimasen... sweatdrop

anata wa nihongo ga tokui desu! daigakusei desune... anata ga watashi no senpai! ^___^

Quick rant in english:
I HATE my sensei! He's a korean-american teaching Japanese. And he's not even good at it! Rawrg! My first year I had a Japanese sensei, and she waas so incredibly sweet, and she could actually answer questions.

How's your sensei?

I said it wrong. It's "itta koto ga arimasen." The ta form of a verb + koto ga aru is "I have experianced ____" But i used the dictionary form of "to go", gomennasai! I'm trying to say "I haven't ever gone to Japan."

My sensei is awesome. She teaches 2-4th year at my university. She works us hard (and does have a scary "I know you didn't study" look) but she is the most devoted teacher I've ever had. She's from Tokyo, and she's married to an American and has a son whose graduating highschool this year, so I assume she's been here about 20 years (she goes back every summer for like 6 weeks though).

I liked my 1st year sensei a lot, she was from Michigan, and had spend quite a bit of time in Japan when she was in school. She went back to get her masters the next year, so she didn't have time to teach anymore. My school seems to have a high turnover rate with 1st year sensei's, there's a new one every year. I heard the teacher before my 1st year teacher was horrible and once her students got to second year, they were so lost. I bet highschool is worst as far as teachers being consistantly good because there aren't a lot of schools that offer Japanese, so there isn't a standard. One girl in my class came into college with like 3 years of highschool Japanese, but her sensei never taught her plain form eek so she had to take first year instead of testing into 2nd.

Hmm, not too much japanese in that post. Um. Mimeiko-san, fuyu no yasumi wa doo deshita ka?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:57 am
AHHHH! Damn Gaia! It logged me out right before I posted this really long reply! Rawrg!

Quote:
I said it wrong. It's "itta koto ga arimasen." The ta form of a verb + koto ga aru is "I have experianced ____" But i used the dictionary form of "to go", gomennasai! I'm trying to say "I haven't ever gone to Japan."

Don't worry about it! I mess up all the time. I'm so nervous about it!

I'm glad you like your sensei! Mine tought in Japan for a while... ten years ago! He's forgotten alot... like quite a bit of kanji, and sometimes he even forgets kana. sweatdrop

Our system is really messed up. The high school offers four years of Japanese, but our books, Kimono, only go up to three years. therefore, some really, really stupid person decided that the 4th year course would use a 2nd year COLLEGE book. My friend showed me. It's incredibly scary, and our books in no way prepare you for that. I'm kinda glad I missed a year, so that way I can start fresh in college. ^__^

We only just learned plain form this year. The books are kinda slow. Hiragana first year, Katakana second year, and you don't even really begin kanji until the third year. Luckily both sensei added in extra kanji throughout the 1st and 2nd years. Oh, and it's only masu form until year three.

I am glad I learned masu before plain, though. Otherwise I'd never have gotten it. My brain nearly exploded when sensei showed us, briefly, the extremely polite forms. xp

fuyu no yasumi desune? sugoi desuyo! karifonya ni itte, koibito ni tomarimashita. (not sure if that's right...) tottemo subarashii desuyo! senpai no yasumi wa doo deshitaka?

(Note: this post made so much more sense the first time I tried to post it... sweatdrop )  

mimeiko

Freakezette
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:32 am
Wow, I guess we just go really fast in college, we knew, or at least were suppose to know, hiragana about 6 weeks in. We went through kanakana so fast, though, usually when we're reading in class, everythings fine until we get to a katakana word. Then we're like "what is this?" and it ends up being "refrigerator" or something. Kanji's like "yikes!" the first hundred or so are alright, they don't have many strokes, and it's like "tree" and "sun" and usually they look like what they mean, you know? Then you learn some 16 stroke thing that means "abstrance" or "government" and you're like "how am I suppose to learn this?" Get a little dry erase board, that's what I do, write the kanji as much as I can.

Ima, Yasumi ni shite-imasu. Gakki wa 1-getsu 18 nichi ni hajimasu. Daigaku de, yasumi wa nagai keredomo, kurasu wa muzukashii desu yo. Senshuu no kinyoobi, Nyuu Ii-aa-su (New Years? no idea how that would be in katakana) paatii e ikimashita. Nihongo no kurasu-meeto mo imashita. Tanoshikata desu.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:42 am
おはよう ございます。 ^^ わたしは マリス です。 えよ。。。XD

^_^ My brain no workie this morning. ;_; How sad. Ah well.

Miss Freakezette, o.o..that dry erase board...that's a good idea. ^^ Maybe I should find out where to buy one and yes..do that too! Since I am so horrible at doing my kanji anyway. ...And it'll help me from forgetting my kana. sweatdrop

Cinnamon Odango

mimeiko

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:03 pm
This has nothing to do with anything but... Watashino tanjyoubi wa 1-gatsu 9 desu! 3 hi! (I think that means three days... sweatdrop ) (Oh, and I really, really suck with dates, sorry about that!)

konnichiwa Marisu-san! nan sai desuka?

Lauren-san, sugoi desuyo! koko de, yasumi wa mijikai. demo, gakki no shiken wa (in two weeks.)

getsuyoubi
tomodachi: nani o shite imasuka?
watashi: benkyoushite imasu!

kayoubi

suiyoubi:
tomodachi: mata ne?

mokuyoubi
tomodachi: benkyoushite imasu ne? anata wa tsumaranai desuyo!
watashi: gomen!

benkyou ga kirai desuyo!

Um... sorry about that.
By the way, I never mentioned this before, but if you notice something wrong, please tell me! And I feel so smart for understanding your post! *dances*

I really like your kanji idea! I'm also thinking of getting some postits and posting random kanji around the house, then when I see it, I quiz myself on onyomi, kunyomi, and imi.

I'm getting much better at katakana now. It only takes me a few seconds to remember most katakana, as opposed to having to look up every single one! My hiragana is almost flawless, except sometimes I forget random characters that don't seem to be used as often. At one point I forgot mi for almost three days until someone showed me. sweatdrop As for kanji, I know all the days and numbers and such, and we're learning more... we haven't even gotten past the five-stroke ones yet, although I do know the one for date, which is like, ten BILLION strokes or so. sweatdrop

Annnnyway, long post. If I can find them, I'll post some of the skits I've written for Japanese class, (in Japanese)... they're really funny. At elast, I think so. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:10 pm
I've been studying Japanese in a program at a local university. They offer free weekly language classes to high school students. Of course, my class goes pretty slowly, partially because of a teacher some of my classmates had their first year. I'm working to catch up to where I feel I should be right now.  

Murasaki Shikibu

AngeIIusMalus

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 10:08 pm
Hahimemashite.
Tsuki Chan de~su heart
daigaku yonensei desu.
yoroshiku ne ^^

heh, i've been studying Japanese for about foru years now
and i barly have a grasp of everyday simple conversational stuff
so maybe i'll get better if i practice some here ^^  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:42 pm
Konnichiwa Tsuki-chan! Hajimemashite!

If you want to practice conversation, just talk on here or PM me. I love talking in Japanese! (typing, even!)  

mimeiko

AngeIIusMalus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:12 am
mimeiko
Konnichiwa Tsuki-chan! Hajimemashite!

If you want to practice conversation, just talk on here or PM me. I love talking in Japanese! (typing, even!)

^^ ありがとう。日本語を話すも好きです。 3nodding
でも、私の悪い日本語はごめん。^^;
^^arigatou. nihngo o hansu mo suki desu. whee
demo, watashi no warui nihongo gomen ^^;

heh I love your sig BTW.
"Cake or DE~ATH!"
"I claim India for Britten!
You can't clam us! we live here! 500 million of us!
do you have a flag?
we don't need a flag! it's our country ya bastards!
No flag no country! It's according to the rules that i've- just made up...!"

xd  
The Japanese Student Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 43 44 45 46 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas