Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply Disappointing Movies
(present day) Horror Films Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Midnight Xtera

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:35 pm
Like it says. Which have you been saddened that you weren't scared or at least into it?
Or also list some horror movies on which you don't even want to bother seeing.
Me: One Missed Call & The happening.
heard about em. heard how people die in em, didn't even want to see them.
Looked lame, sounded lame, & from what i've heard, was lame.
I'm sure i have more but those are the two on the top of my head.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:46 am
yeah, I've seen both of those, your right, it was lame. xd  

aria2345

5,400 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Pie Enabler 100

_TeH_eViL_TeDiE_

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:00 pm
Very lame indeed.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:20 am
I think that really depends on which country you're looking at. Modern American horrors are really lame, with a few exceptions. However, the horror coming out of Spain and Japan right now are spot-on terrifying. Of course, they usually get American remakes...but the originals are always scarier because they have the added effect of the language barrier to add to the confusion. domokun  

jfnbhgurkddhj8
Crew

Pearl~Prynne

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:42 pm
I'm sick of every other horror movie in America being a copy of one from Asia. The originals are really good, and the remakes suck! They should just show the originals in theaters-that would be nice.

It all started with The Ring, and that was horrendous. Which is sad because the novels that that movie is based on are very good. I would say they're more intelligent and frightening.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:57 pm
One recent 'horror' movie I saw and was quite disappointed in was 'The Happening.' I was really actually hoping that it was going to be good. But seriously. I mean it had its moments, but I lost any respect for the movie the moment the words 'Evil Ficus" left my mouth.  

peagle the great

2,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250

Blue Eyed Wallflower

Thieving Scrounger

36,475 Points
  • Married 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:43 pm
Shutter disappointed me. I'm tired of great Japanese films being remade. All I know is, if they make an American adaptation of Tomi, I will cry.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:46 am
the happening wasn't even a tiny bit of of scary, it was just violent and had a lot of brutal scenes.  

eumir_me

Ruthless Hunter

5,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Autobiographer 200

Harlequinade_______xXx

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:45 pm
Black Christmas. I saw it on like HBO or something its full of HUGE plot holes it doesn't make any sense at all!  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:10 pm
I haven't seen The Happening but my cousin did and he said that it was the worst movie he has ever seen. I heard that the microphones and equipment got into a few of the shots?  

Vidgamer10

FGG1989

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:06 pm
I use to like the Nightmare on Elm Street series. Part 2 was totally dumb as was part 6. The original and part 3 were the best.

I personally would rather take in one of the original classics, such as the original Dracula or Frankenstein.

Most sequels stink, but Aliens was far superior than the original - in my personal opinion.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:17 pm
Blue Eyed Wallflower
Shutter disappointed me. I'm tired of great Japanese films being remade. All I know is, if they make an American adaptation of Tomi, I will cry.
shutter was a thai film i believe.  

Rishon

Akira Nakamura

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:17 am
Present day horror films = great comedies.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:11 am
Well let's see... worst horror flick to me would be Jeepers Creepers. I thought of it as more of a comedy because 20 minutes into the movie I was able to predict the rest of it.

As far as when the remakes began, I think godzilla would have been one of the earlier ones. Or at least it was a remake of the tale.  

FotoMick

Twilightchick372

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:06 pm
Not even close to the worst horror movies! The Happening SUCKED, I mean seriously? Why would a bunch of flipping plants start killing people and HOW??? Also, Mirrors was extremely stupid!!!! How does a woman set loose a DEMON into MIRRORS??? And then how can they control and kill people!!!

Disappointing Movies

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff