Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply Disappointing Movies
Ghost Rider Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you seen Ghost Rider?
  Yup, Loved it.
  Yup. Christ it sucked.
  No, but I want to.
  NO! NEVER!
  Gold =3
View Results

Badeye

Shirtless Friend

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:39 pm
Alright, whether you've seen Ghost Rider or not, watch this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPB6TCfGzU8

"Surely", I thinks after watching that, "Surely there is no way this movie could fail with an idea so badass. Look at that flaming horse! Holy s**t! I must see this!"

You can watch the whole movie on Youtube. It isn't worth the hours of your life. I'll save you your time: Watch that 5 minute video and you have seen everything good that happens.

Notable bad elements:
- Because the protagonist abstains from drinking, he eats candy out of a margarita glass. Doesn't pick it up with his fingers like a sensible person, he "drinks" the candy. This is about as effectively cool as having the hero eat out of a dog bowl to show how tough he is.
- Ghost Rider, the flaming skull, has a voice that sounds like cats being put through an organ lit aflame and his dialogue becomes inexplicably more hokey than any Linkin Park song. Really? Just mute when he starts talking if you put yourself through this.
- Every fight is completely disappointing. After gaining badass powers of a biker from hell, Ghost Rider proceeds to get his impossibly skinny a** whipped by a handful of waifish, broody sissies until he pushes them over and they start to cry. The one villain he really opens up whoopass on is a random sketched-out thug your little sister probably could have chased away with a rock and a few choice words. There's just no convincing threat from the enemies or sense of power being flung about. Even the final boss feels anticlimactic, despite the Rider actually growing a special ability (it's throwing fireballs, btw- not big ones, little clump-of-dirt sized ones).

Even if the story had sucked balls (which it did) and the acting was terrible (which it was), a decent oomph from the action and beautiful special effects could have carried the film. They managed to botch even that, though. I don't expect much from action films, but Ghost Rider didn't manage to deliver anything.
The flaming horse is still cool, though.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:11 am
Honestly...I saw the trailer for Ghost Rider, and I wanted those minutes back. xD I'm not a huge fan of Mr. Cage, either...so that didn't help. But a bunch of people have apparently loved this movie (?), so they're making a second one...I've heard, at least. I will someday watch it, but I can wait a long time before that happens. XD!!! domokun  

jfnbhgurkddhj8
Crew

holysashimaru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:56 pm
i love nick cage as an actor but ghost rider was cheesey  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:05 am
thought it was farly close to the comic...I mean they got down what they could in one movie they got through how he became ghost rider, what ghost rider is, and how devil became the villan!  

xXDragon FoxXx

URL-Length

Dapper Gekko

10,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:16 am
i hav to say dat i totally hate it v.v  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:22 am
Wooden acting and dialog so blandly predictable that the middle schoolers sitting behind me in the theater opening day started calling out the end of sentences and even whole lines of dialog before the actors did.  

Niran_Betta_Fish

Swashbuckling Man-Lover

37,190 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Waffles! 25

gOtHiC_MuSiC_DeVviL

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:26 pm
i thought it was cool nothing wrong with it good actors, good acting, good story  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:51 pm
Badeye
Alright, whether you've seen Ghost Rider or not, watch this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPB6TCfGzU8

"Surely", I thinks after watching that, "Surely there is no way this movie could fail with an idea so badass. Look at that flaming horse! Holy s**t! I must see this!"

You can watch the whole movie on Youtube. It isn't worth the hours of your life. I'll save you your time: Watch that 5 minute video and you have seen everything good that happens.

Notable bad elements:
- Because the protagonist abstains from drinking, he eats candy out of a margarita glass. Doesn't pick it up with his fingers like a sensible person, he "drinks" the candy. This is about as effectively cool as having the hero eat out of a dog bowl to show how tough he is.
- Ghost Rider, the flaming skull, has a voice that sounds like cats being put through an organ lit aflame and his dialogue becomes inexplicably more hokey than any Linkin Park song. Really? Just mute when he starts talking if you put yourself through this.
- Every fight is completely disappointing. After gaining badass powers of a biker from hell, Ghost Rider proceeds to get his impossibly skinny a** whipped by a handful of waifish, broody sissies until he pushes them over and they start to cry. The one villain he really opens up whoopass on is a random sketched-out thug your little sister probably could have chased away with a rock and a few choice words. There's just no convincing threat from the enemies or sense of power being flung about. Even the final boss feels anticlimactic, despite the Rider actually growing a special ability (it's throwing fireballs, btw- not big ones, little clump-of-dirt sized ones).

Even if the story had sucked balls (which it did) and the acting was terrible (which it was), a decent oomph from the action and beautiful special effects could have carried the film. They managed to botch even that, though. I don't expect much from action films, but Ghost Rider didn't manage to deliver anything.
The flaming horse is still cool, though.

you forgot the lame a** dialogue but other than that I completely agree so *clapidity clapidity*  

MCT257

kt_tashee_xoxo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:57 am
I kinda liked Ghost Rider  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:36 pm
Sorry for the disappointment, but the movie followed the theme of the original comic book pretty faithfully & just because you're jaded with today's over the top flicks doesn't mean that the movie was bad. It's just not what you're into.  

Wolfs Havok

eggsyweggs

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:29 am
the preview looked horrible, i only saw it because i worked at a theater at the time and we were paid to screen things before they released to make sure the print had no problems.

it's one of the 5 worst movies i've ever seen
(dragon wars and the remake of wizard of gore are on the list)  
Unslain Dragon rolled 2 6-sided dice: 2, 5 Total: 7 (2-12)
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:58 pm
I watched it. And I swear, the old comics were better!! And they always make the previews better, like Rat race and Mr.Beans holiday!!! THEY MADE IT LOOK BAD!! evil stressed scream gonk crying

Unslain Dragon

4,850 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50

Clockwork Alchemist

Swashbuckling Bibliophile

37,325 Points
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Fearsome 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:15 pm
Nick cage's voice drives me to near violence. The only good bits were with the horse rider. The dialog was so bad that seeing it opening day, middle school kids sitting behind me started saying the lines before the characters did. Cliche much?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:41 pm
I User Image THIS MOVIE
Man i could quote with damn near everyone. Bottom line, the director person slept with someone to get this piece a s**t in theaters and it fails. evil

kawaiipupii

rEaLiTy_vs_fAiRyTaLeS

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:58 am
I thought that movie waz a disappointment and when they attempted humor they failed miserably! Who brings a magic 8 ball to a restaurant to see if their date will show up?!?! I still don't get that scene surprised  
Disappointing Movies

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff