Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply Lala Chat. General chat & Spam
The "Dracula" movie game Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tobias Mule

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:26 am
This is something that a friend of my sister's introduced me to and I enjoy it very much. His theory is that any movie can be traced back to Bram Stoker's Dracula (1992).
I thought this game would be fantastic for this guild.

Here's the rules:

1. It has to be a movie that has been released to theaters or to DVD. No made-for-TV films, television series, or miniseries.
2. You're allowed to use IMDb to help make the link; but person involved must be credited for being in that film.
3. Whoever makes the chain has to come up with a new film.
--

The object of the game is to connect the given movie to Dracula (1992).
Only movies may be used to make the links.
If after three days no one has made the link with the film you gave, you must make the link yourself and then provide another film.
--

Here's an example of how the game works:

PersonA: Princess Bride

Person B:Cary Elwes was in both the Princess Bride and Dracula.
Son of Frankenstein

--
Here's the link to the main cast: Dracula

To start things off: The Lion King  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:59 am
Oh my, this really takes some cross-referencing.

Moira Kelly, who provided voice for Adult Nala in The Lion King, has starred as Hetty Kelly / Oona O'Neill Chaplin in Chaplin (1992) with Anthony Hopkins as George Hayden, who also starred as Professor Abraham Van Helsing in Dracula.

Identity (2003).  

BeHappyBeJoyful

Tobias Mule

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:12 am
Let's see...

Rebecca De Mornay was in it. She was also in The Three Musketeers with Tim Curry. He was also in Rugrats Go Wild with Bruce Willis. Willis was also in Unbreakable with Samuel L. Jackson. Jackson was in the Star Wars films with Liam Neeson. Neeson starred in The Haunting with Catherine Zeta Jones. And she takes us to Anthony Hopkins in The Mask of Zorro. From him, to Dracula.

Hello Dolly  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:22 pm

D:! I thought you meant the book ( --> film adaptations in general :'[ wink
I had a good one for Bela Lugosi sad

KimberleyJane

Tobias Mule

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:30 am
KimberleyJane

Oh. Sorry for the confusion. sweatdrop
Out of curiosity, how would you have done it?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:42 am
Mika Relie
KimberleyJane

Oh. Sorry for the confusion. sweatdrop
Out of curiosity, how would you have done it?

S'ok. My fault.

((- Louis Armstrong was in Hello Dolly. He was also in High Society with Frank Sinatra who supposedly paid for the funeral of Bela Lugosi))

-though I'm not even sure that kind of link would have been allowed anyway.

KimberleyJane

Tobias Mule

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:50 am
No. I'm afraid it wouldn't. The object of the game is to connect one movie to Dracula.
I should probably clarify that in the intro.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:06 pm
Barbra Streisand, who starred in Hello Dolly, was in Meet the Fockers with Robert Di Niro. Robert Di Niro starred in Taxi Driver with Jodie Foster, who in turn starred with Anthony Hopkins in The Silence of the Lambs, and Hopkins brings us to Dracula.

Young Sherlock Holmes (1985)  

BeHappyBeJoyful

Tobias Mule

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:12 am
Okay!

Nicholas Rowe, who played Sherlock Holmes, was also in Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels with Vinnie Jones. Jones was also in Snatch with Brad Pitt. Pitt takes us to Mr. and Mrs. Smith with Angelina Jolie. Jolie takes us to Wyona Rider in Girl Interrupted. Which takes us to Dracula.

The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993)  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:25 am
Danny Elfman, who provided Jack Skellington's singing voice in The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993), is the score producer of Red Dragon, which Anthony Hopkins starred in as Dr. Hannibal Lecter. This brings us to Dracula.

The Importance of Being Earnest (2002)  

BeHappyBeJoyful

rainbow_in_the_dark

Magical Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:39 am
Reese witherspoon who played "cecily cardew" was in american psycho (2000) with Christian bale. Christian bale was in the dark knight with gary oldman (as gordon) which takes us to Dracula.

New Movie:
"The Ghost and the Darkness" (1996)  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:56 am
Val Kilmer from Ghost and the Darkness was also in Red Planet with Bejamin Bratt. Bratt was in Miss Congeniality with Michael Caine. Caine played Alfred in Dark Knight with Gary Oldman. Oldman was in Dracula.

The Wizard of Oz (1939)  

Tobias Mule

BeHappyBeJoyful

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:04 pm
July Garland, who starred inThe Wizard of Oz (1939), performed the song "The Man That Got Away" in P.S. I Love You. Gerard Butler in P.S. I Love You has starred in Phantom of the Opera (2004) with Emmy Rossum. She starred in The Day After Tomorrow with Jake Gyllenhaal, whose sister Maggie Gyllenhaal / whose co-star, Heath Ledger, in Brokeback Mountain, has starred in The Dark Knight with Gary Oldman. This takes us to Dracula.

Wo hu cang long (2000)  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:21 am
This is easy.

Chow Yun-Fat, from Wo hu cang long, was also in Pirates of the Carribean: At World's End with Johnny Depp. Depp was in Edward Scissorhands with Wiona Ryder. And she was in Dracula.

Hellboy (2004)  

Tobias Mule

Lala Chat. General chat & Spam

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas