Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply Disappointing Movies
The Mist D: Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SeckZee Hoar

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:25 am
The ending was OKAY, but the holy lady was just a pain in the left butt cheek. >>"

Whats your opinion?? Whats your favorite person? [Mine was the Peas Throwing old lady <33] x)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:55 am
Pixelated Pete
The ending was OKAY, but the holy lady was just a pain in the left butt cheek. >>"

Whats your opinion?? Whats your favorite person? [Mine was the Peas Throwing old lady <33] x)

You are so right about the crazy lady! xp

I watched this film with my boyfriend and we both agreed the lead guy was a really bad actor. We were both actually LAUGHING at the ending, not because it wasn't sad, but because the way it was done, it was just hilarious.

My fave person was the big tall monster at the end cause it was just so cool and scary eek sweatdrop

It might not sound like it, but I did enjoy this film! 3nodding  

Kattinka

Feral Kitten

10,450 Points
  • Battle: Level Up 200
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Partygoer 500

DeezIsh

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:33 pm
I thought the ending was awesome,
idk i guess I really was not expecting the cavalry to arrive :/

I definitely think this movie is worth watching for thriller/horror fans
Favorite character would probably be the military guy that died last.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:55 pm
Warning: Contains some spoiler info!

That movie pissed me off. I saw the ending coming a little in advance. Not too far in advance, but enough that I thought it was stupid. I guess the reason that I saw it coming was that the main guy's reaction/plan (gosh, I hate giving away movie endings) in the car towards the end was so stupid. I mean, why would you think it would be a good idea to do that to your friends and kid? If you can't see into the future, then you don't know what's going to happen, and you should keep trying and hoping. The fact that he gave up hope was like a big red flag telling me that help was on the way.  

LorienLlewellyn

Quotable Informer

Jar City

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:12 pm
I liked everything except the ending. I mean, I guess I shouldn't have been too optimistic or anything, but I really wished the charecters would have given some more thought to their situation before deciding to off themselve.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:06 pm
Pixelated Pete

the ending was the opposite of the story, if you read it, you would know, but i loved the movie, it really shows how humans handle life threatening scenerios, if theres more than 2 people in a spot they will pick sides and begin to try to kill eachother. its human nature, i looved the effects. but i agree with you. the lady was a bit psycho (but she was a great actor for the part) and the ending left much more to be desired. they could have at least had an alternate ending on DVD or something  

Shiko Uchiha

2,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100

Wandering_wrath

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:20 am
Pixelated Pete

i liked the movie but i agree about the holy lady. although i also find it ironic that everything she said came true...i wonder if it was meant to be that way... she said the main guys pride would ruin him and it did. she said that the one guy would die and he did. there are other i just can't remember cause i haven't seen the movie in awhile.

and just so you know where i'm coming from, i don't like the crazy lady, nor am i religious, i'm jsut saying its a pretty weird coincidence ninja  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:57 pm
Personally I found that the entire movie was a waste of time... I'm sorry to those who enjoyed it but the acting wasn't all that great, the plot could have been portrayed SO much later, the holy lady ruined every scene she was in and the ending made me laugh. I mean come on, they would have heard all of the tanks and stuff even if they weren't right next to them, and what person in their right mind would let a father kill his own child and live? I mean any sympathetic person would take the gun and shoot the father and his child instead of themselves so he wouldn't die with the memory of his kids bleeding and limp body in his hands. It just kills me when I see movies like the mist because they could have done so much more to make it a great movie but they didn't seem to go all out on the effects, acting, etc. I did like how they made the people turn on eachother though because in most situations that would actually seem possible. But otherwise I think it was only about a 6 on a scale from one to 10... (10 being AWESOME))

Twilightchick372

Tobias Mule

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:19 am
This film was okay. The ending was vastly different from the novella (which I had read before I saw the film). But...it was not a bad twist at the end. Kudos to the director for having the guts to pull it off.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:08 am
I haven't seen it, but I heard my brother talking about it. Can't remember if he said it was good or bad.  

knightofthe21stcentury

gOtHiC_MuSiC_DeVviL

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:22 pm
it was like watchin a ripp off of the fog???? Stupid  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:48 am
Wandering_wrath
Pixelated Pete

i liked the movie but i agree about the holy lady. although i also find it ironic that everything she said came true...i wonder if it was meant to be that way... she said the main guys pride would ruin him and it did. she said that the one guy would die and he did. there are other i just can't remember cause i haven't seen the movie in awhile.

and just so you know where i'm coming from, i don't like the crazy lady, nor am i religious, i'm jsut saying its a pretty weird coincidence ninja
the fact that she was right, was what stephen king wanted, it shows that when in a life or death situation, weaker minded people obey what wever they are told, people started to listen to the psycho lady, so if she said someone would die, somone killed them (remember the solider who got stabbed.)  

Shiko Uchiha

2,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100

Shiko Uchiha

2,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:50 am
devilsmokinangel
its not a rip off, since the short story came first.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:14 pm
Hybra Uchiha
devilsmokinangel
its not a rip off, since the short story came first.

And it is very different from The Fog. Here the mist was everywhere and decided to stay. The fog went back out to see occasionally so there were breaks in the slaughtering. The ghouls in the fog wanted revenge; the monsters from the mist were hungry.
Completely different in my point of view.  

Tobias Mule

Trichromatism

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:42 pm
I thought the movie was pretty good. I even enjoyed the ending because i thought it was a twist that most audiences weren't used to.  
Disappointing Movies

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff