Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply Disappointing Movies
the matrix revolutions sucked majorly *Spoilers* Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

do you think it sucked?
  yes
  no
View Results

holysashimaru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:15 pm
i hated the ending i mean neo and trinity died? what was that about?!  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:20 am
holysashimaru

Neo had to die... this trilogy is strongly tied in with religion mostly Buddhism but there is actually a lot of Christian references... think of Neo as a Christ figure... only with that sacrifice could humanity be saved... much like jesus. And maybe Trinity because she is supposed to be god... the Holy Trinity... The Father... the Son... and the Holy Ghost.... i'm sure each of those are represented in movie somewhere... i dunno I havent studied enough on biblical things to know all this....  

Misfit_the

RedWhiteBlack
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:54 pm
Misfit_the
holysashimaru

Neo had to die... this trilogy is strongly tied in with religion mostly Buddhism but there is actually a lot of Christian references... think of Neo as a Christ figure... only with that sacrifice could humanity be saved... much like jesus. And maybe Trinity because she is supposed to be god... the Holy Trinity... The Father... the Son... and the Holy Ghost.... i'm sure each of those are represented in movie somewhere... i dunno I havent studied enough on biblical things to know all this....

I think you've got the general idea right. I mean, I'm no religion expert, but I was raised Catholic (sadly), so the whole Neo being a Christ figure (he is "The One" and was to save humanity by sacrificing himself) makes sense. Trinity being God does make some apparent sense, but "God" dying in the end would signify the loss of hope, and as far as I could tell, the movie ended on a hopeful note. But it's been probably 3 or 4 years since I've seen them, so I'd have to watch them again to figure it out.

But, on the other hand, Revolutions was pretty terrible. I remember watching them back-to-back-to-back, and Reloaded and Revolutions paled in comparison to The Matrix. On their own, they're decent, but when watched as one movie... not so much.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:50 pm
Wiki has an extensive article citing The Matrix's influences and interpretations.

Wiki link

It's an interesting read, no doubt.  

Contra Mundi
Crew

Akira Nakamura

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:13 am
I guess the creators wanted to give it a bittersweet ending. Like, everyone's happy, but sacrifices are needed. I didn't hate the movies at all, in fact, I think they were interesting. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:45 am
Crew Message: *Spoilers* added to thread title.  

Contra Mundi
Crew

Sylvannas

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:32 am
I was under the impression that Neo doesn't actually die at the end. I can't remember what the Oracle says to the little girl, but it implies that he'll be back or something.

Trinity had to die, otherwise Neo would never sacrifice himself. The only redeeming factor of this film is the battle for the city. Damn I love those huge robots armed with those massive guns. I don't get why there isn't more turrets though. There's only like, 4. I mean really, they know that's the weakest spot of the city to be attacked from, arm it to the teeth already!

But yes, generally both the Matrix Reloaded and Revolutions were bad. The original was brilliant, then they just had to keep going.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:30 pm
yeah it was stupid the 2nd and 3rd movies were silly and they really shuldve just been made into one movie. which is a shame because i loved THE MATRIX  

gOtHiC_MuSiC_DeVviL

Niran_Betta_Fish

Swashbuckling Man-Lover

37,190 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:40 am
We were easily able to come up with better plots on the way home from the cinema.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:47 pm
I just think it could have been done better?  

Lightwater2520

xTx Monty xTx

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:31 pm
true but i think they screwed it up by releasing it a couple months after reloaded came out i was WTF but oh well movie was good but i think the animatrix had more meaning showed us the things that tied in with the other even though the kid story got me confused  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:42 pm
ah I really hated the last two movies of the Matrix, but I think everyones right in that Neo and Trinity where supposed to represent god and the holy spirit and such. It makes perfect sense, if that is the case, for them to die in the end.  

sankapoo

8,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

gOtHiC_MuSiC_DeVviL

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:03 am
wtf where did ppl get that idea its made up and really has nothing to do with the movies good imagination  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:06 am
The first film, the Matrix, was a better movie than either of the sequels.

Quality wise-

The Matrix - 9/10
The Matrix Reloaded - 6/10
The Matrix Revolutions - 5/10

The sequels, however, are FAR more intelligent than the original film. As intelligent as they were, they simply weren't very good movies.

Intelligence wise-

The Matrix - 3/10
The Matrix Reloaded - 9/10
The Matrix Revolutions - 8/10  

GilAskan

gOtHiC_MuSiC_DeVviL

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:53 am
I really dont like the actress who played trinity all together whats her name???? shes like a zombie on the matrix movies and its a bit of a put off ... thank god the 1st one didnt really have much of her  
Disappointing Movies

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff