Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply Disappointing Movies
Eragon Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RainWeaver1314

2,850 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:25 am
So, im rather disapointed in this movie, and im a rather large fan of Eragon. it was a book, and they tried to make it into a movie, but failed horribly! it doesnt even fallow the story plot line in the book! sure the graphics are good, but other than that.....what do other's think?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:45 am
I concur... The plot was mangled, the whole theme was ultimately destroyed, and some of the lines were just the cheesiest that could have possibly been written. All in all, it was not pleasant.  

OnexLostxSoul

RainWeaver1314

2,850 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:10 am
OnexLostxSoul
I concur... The plot was mangled, the whole theme was ultimately destroyed, and some of the lines were just the cheesiest that could have possibly been written. All in all, it was not pleasant.
do you think that they should make the second book into a movie as well, in hopes that it'll be slightly better? i'd like to see it as a movie, but... sadly, my fear of it failing like the first is scary...  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:20 am
RainWeaver1314
OnexLostxSoul
do you think that they should make the second book into a movie as well, in hopes that it'll be slightly better? i'd like to see it as a movie, but... sadly, my fear of it failing like the first is scary...

WIth the way they did the first one, I don't think that is even possible.  

knightofthe21stcentury

jfnbhgurkddhj8
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:23 am
I never got around to reading the book, and after watching the movie...I probably never will. It was absolutely TERRIBLE! There is not one thing about the movie that I liked. crying I'm pretty sure that I liked D-Wars better. *sigh* domokun  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:00 am
I saw this movie in theaters, I wanted to drown my self in my soda. This movie was the worst thing that ever happened. Completely ruined it. Books are wayyyyy better. Can't wait for Brisinger coming out in September.  

Lord Dark White Dragon

Sensation Ari

5,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:18 pm
They left out SOO much stuff in the movie, I was so disappointed in it.
gonk

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:01 pm
I heard that the people who made Star Wars and Lord of the Rings was going to sue the Eragon movie makers because of (for Star wars) the magic looked to much like the Foce and (for Lord of the Rings) Because of the pointy ears.

I also heard that the author of the sires also was going to sue because he did NOT agree to the making of this movie, and that the people who where making it where not going to let him help them in the project.

I don't know if what I just said is true or not, but it dose clear some things up right?  

Yenrex

4,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Invisibility 100

Oh Snap its Jessie

Shy Partygoer

14,275 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Fortuitous Finder 100
  • Rally Tyro 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:38 am
User Image

I really enjoyed Eragon the book, but the movie was just horrible. I remember when it first came out, I dragged all my friends to the theater to see it with me because I was so excited. They hadn't read the books, so they didn't really want to see it, but I made them anyway.

The movie barely followed the plot line of the book, and it was horribly cheesy. I was so sad when Brom died in the book, but in the movie, I nearly laughed because of how poorly they did it. My friends hated it, simply because it was a bad movie, and now whenever they want me to do something for them, they always say, "Remember how you forced us to see that horrible movie, Eragon?" Lol, I'm never going to be able to live that down.

User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:29 pm
The books are okay in my opinion but I should probably re-read them since I haven't in awhile, but going to see the movie version of Eragon was the biggest waste of seven dollars in my life  

De-Roche22

Octaru250
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:26 pm

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Wow, that movie sucks big time...sooooo different, I liked the book(Gotta read the second one) ... I hope the movie gets a reboot, to make it the same...different people and everything...or I rather they leave it as it is...NO MOVIE...

♠ ◊ ♣ ♥

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:03 am
Otakkun
I never got around to reading the book, and after watching the movie...I probably never will. It was absolutely TERRIBLE! There is not one thing about the movie that I liked. crying I'm pretty sure that I liked D-Wars better. *sigh* domokun

The book is much better than the film. The film ruined it. And if you read the book, you get to read the next 2, and know what happens.  

knightofthe21stcentury

Icamane--Hatake

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:45 pm
I'm with you. The movie SUCKED!!!!! Everything was skrewy...the plot, the lines, the CHARACTERS for crying out loud!!! and Saphira's voice...WTF was up with that? it was way to girly.......dude, she's a DRAGON, not some fluffy bunny  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:47 pm
Gnut2-0
I heard that the people who made Star Wars and Lord of the Rings was going to sue the Eragon movie makers because of (for Star wars) the magic looked to much like the Foce and (for Lord of the Rings) Because of the pointy ears.

I also heard that the author of the sires also was going to sue because he did NOT agree to the making of this movie, and that the people who where making it where not going to let him help them in the project.

I don't know if what I just said is true or not, but it dose clear some things up right?

that would explian many things..........many......  

Icamane--Hatake

Icamane--Hatake

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:49 pm
Oh Snap its Jessie
User Image

I really enjoyed Eragon the book, but the movie was just horrible. I remember when it first came out, I dragged all my friends to the theater to see it with me because I was so excited. They hadn't read the books, so they didn't really want to see it, but I made them anyway.

The movie barely followed the plot line of the book, and it was horribly cheesy. I was so sad when Brom died in the book, but in the movie, I nearly laughed because of how poorly they did it. My friends hated it, simply because it was a bad movie, and now whenever they want me to do something for them, they always say, "Remember how you forced us to see that horrible movie, Eragon?" Lol, I'm never going to be able to live that down.

User Image

that happened to me too, I got all hyped up about the movie and it sucked.... crying but hey, the last book comes out soon! that's the only thing I'm looking forward to right now...I hope the don't do the 2nd book into a movie  
Disappointing Movies

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff