Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
Vampires o.O Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AT0MiC_P3ANuT

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:20 pm
Okay, my topic for today is vampires-vampire movies in particular... i know most of you have at least heard of the upcoming movie Twilight, inspired by the world's bestselling novel written by Stephenie Meyer. I have read all of her books and i must say, They had me up all night wanting more and more.. Now, back to vampires. if anyone has read any books, seen any movies about vampires, here is the best place to talk about them. so and i have a little question i would like you to put at the very end of you reply... if you were to write a book where there are vampires, what would happen, now my question is optional  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:39 pm
I am just sarting Eclipse and its really good stephanie has me consantly reading and thinking about her saga, and for ur question it would probably be a group of girl vampires trying to find one their lost vimpires who has found love with a human guy  

pepper79

6,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100

Flow3r_Child

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:40 pm
i like lost boys or the underworld series  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:33 pm
pepper79
I am just sarting Eclipse and its really good stephanie has me consantly reading and thinking about her saga, and for ur question it would probably be a group of girl vampires trying to find one their lost vimpires who has found love with a human guy

you idea is similar to twilight but not exactly...that is a very good idea and i would go for it all the way!  

AT0MiC_P3ANuT

AT0MiC_P3ANuT

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:34 pm
Flow3r_Child
i like lost boys or the underworld series

i have read some of the underworld series, it was quite entertaining..  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:49 pm
Amelia Atwater-Rhodes writes beautiful and captivating vampire stories. If I were to publish a vampire stories, I would write a book or short fanfics based on her work.  

The Dinosaur Next Door

Afterthoughtless

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:58 pm
I have mixed feelings about the first Underworld movie. The second one made me want to kill myself.
My husband complains that it defies the laws of physics.
I liked the first Lost Boys film.
I'm excited to see The Lost Boys: The Tribe, just because I'm a curious kind of gal. My curiosity always gets the better of me.
...I find that I always cheer for the Vampires.
Though sometimes I do like the Vampire Hunter, like in the Vampire Hunter D books and movies, which I adore.

Though I'd like to see a Vampire movie lacking in romance, where the Vampire is neither malicious and completely self-serving nor angsty and sappy nor completely stoic and "mysterious".

...My Vampire story includes a brief moment to make fun of Twilight.
Please don't kill me, I thought it was funny. xd  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:03 am
Afterthoughtless
I have mixed feelings about the first Underworld movie. The second one made me want to kill myself.
I'm excited to see The Lost Boys: The Tribe, just because I'm a curious kind of gal. My curiosity always gets the better of me.
Though sometimes I do like the Vampire Hunter, like in the Vampire Hunter D books and movies, which I adore.

Though I'd like to see a Vampire movie lacking in romance, where the Vampire is neither malicious and completely self-serving nor angsty and sappy nor completely stoic and "mysterious".

i thought that was funny too, i really did.why dont you wait and see Twilight before you make your movie... it might be better than yuu think  

AT0MiC_P3ANuT

Post Coital Cookie
Captain

Bloblike Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:12 am
Of course I've read the Twilight series, but I'm not so looking forward to the movie. Of course, I'm gonna go see it to see if it does justice to the books, but that's about all I'm looking forward too.

Then there's the epic win of Interview With the Vampire! Anne Rice is by far the champion of vampire fiction, though Stephanie Meyer is defintely a very close 2nd. That would probably be my fav vampire tale to date. And also, the movie with Brad Pitt also = major win! And it's not often I like book-to-movie deals, but hey, it worked.

Lastly, but certainly not least, my beloved Blood Ties series by the lovely Miss Tanya Huff. I adore the character of Henry Fitzroy & Vicki Nelson! Gawd, I so miss that show! Damn stupid lifetime! Damn them to the fiery, flatulent pits of hell!

And that's as far as my vampire fiction collection spans, but always looking for another good book. Any suggestions?

Oh, and as for your optional question, I'm not sure, but I know my main character would be named Anniya. Last name Late. Anniya Late, get it? xD I crack myself up! What would she do? Uh, no clue. She's mostly just been a figment of my imagination. Thought about putting her into a fanfic with Henry Fitzroy, but that never came to fruition. Maybe one day....  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:40 am
I could name two vampire anime's but I don't think that's what your looking for. How about an old movie with Keanu Reeves in it. It's called Bram Stoker's Dracula. The two vampire anime's I know of are Vampire Hunter D, (Bloodlust).  

Lustful Mistress Panda

Sylvannas

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:09 am
Blade was good.

Blade 2 was ok.

Blade: Trinity wasn't so great.

Is it me, or do films usually get steadily worse after the first? Interview with the Vampire was pretty good. Bit of a crap ending to it though.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:45 pm
Sylvannas
Blade was good.

Blade 2 was ok.

Blade: Trinity wasn't so great.

Is it me, or do films usually get steadily worse after the first? Interview with the Vampire was pretty good. Bit of a crap ending to it though.

They do get worse which is why the third movie is supposed to bring the audience back.  

Lustful Mistress Panda

Tales of Yore

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:26 pm
I liked The Lost Boys, it was actually really funny.XD
The Underworld movie was okay, but the second one was just weird...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:05 pm
crazy_angel123456
Afterthoughtless

i thought that was funny too, i really did.why dont you wait and see Twilight before you make your movie... it might be better than yuu think

I think that once something gets to a certain state of popularity, it has to be referenced in a comical way.
The Buffy the Vampire Slayer series makes a great target, not just because of it's popularity, but also,
1) there are seven seasons, each episode an hour long, to pick at,
2) the fans are so devoted and pay such attention to every detail, all you have to do is say, "Nancy Tribe", and they point at each other and laugh.
I enjoy it quite a bit.
It's especially fun when you know you're going to have a very small group of readers, and that their chances of getting your references are high.  

Afterthoughtless

Lustful Mistress Panda

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:48 pm
I know it's off topic but have you noticed that second movies tend to have sex in them?  
T3h Movie World

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff