Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
The Mummy 3 Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should have stopped at 2?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Bartimaeus13

10,650 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:18 am
As a fan of the last two I must say this was awesomely bad. They should have stopped at 2. Maria Bello was not a great choice as a replacement for Rachel Weiss.

Only reason I saw it was for Jet Li, love the guy, but even he couldn't save this movie.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:23 am
Chibi no Samurai
As a fan of the last two I must say this was awesomely bad. They should have stopped at 2. Maria Bello was not a great choice as a replacement for Rachel Weiss.

Only reason I saw it was for Jet Li, love the guy, but even he couldn't save this movie.

I agree. In every possible way.

Tho' I don't exactly consider myself a fan, I did enjoy the first two.

And Rachel Weiss.. = <3  

Contra Mundi
Crew

Bartimaeus13

10,650 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:33 am
Maria does not equal Rachel. I don't be mean but she looks so OLD in comparison to her and made Eve seem like a quickly aging old lady while Rick still remained young and strong. And isn't Alex 18-19 in the movie?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:48 am
Yeah, it was just a poor fit.

And I guess. But really, there was just so much wrong with that movie.  

Contra Mundi
Crew

Bartimaeus13

10,650 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:15 pm
Agreed?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:49 pm
Im sorry but even the previews looked stupid. Very bad, very very bad.  

xXneed-a-angelxX

Trausten

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:00 am
how many years a gap is there between his movie and the second one? neutral

uh, i mean since the 2nd movie was made  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:14 am
The plot holes drove me nuts. And the years just didn't match up for Alex (they took some liberties on his situation too).
*spoiler*

The biggest plot hole I saw: We established that both the mother and daughter are immortal at the beginning and they even said they could not age, correct? If the mother was made 'immortal' while pregnant, how could she give birth, AND how could the daughter conveniently age to be 19 or so and then stop despite several thousand years passing? I'm sure this was just a plot device to show her maturity but how could the mother develop grey streaks when she cannot age? If they were to say they aged slowly then it would be slightly less objectionable but as it stands it was completely and utterly foolish.

It seemed to me they threw a script together, and I really fail to see how this is more 'historically accurate' then previous Mummy movies. They all seemed rather silly in that respect but even as an Archeology major I still enjoy them (the first two at least) for mere entertainment.  

GreenePony

SuperSaiyanCrose

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:22 pm
Personally, I don't think they should've stopped at 2. But I do hope they stop at 3.

Well, my girlfriend was a MEGA Mummy fan (her username everywhere is Mummyluvr) and the last date we had together (before we peacefully split and went to seperate colleges) was to see Tomb of the Dragon Emperor. And while I'm not a Mummy fan, I did like the first two. She was like "I know it's going to be terrible, but I gotta see it anyway."

I liked the action, but the rest was so bad it was funny. At the beginning, at the book signing, the movie practically wrote its own review.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:55 am
Well, I haven`t seen it yet, but I loved the other ones and I was wanting to see it, but now I don`t know. I guess I still see it, so that I can see what u all mean.  

kt_tashee_xoxo

SuperSaiyanCrose

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:17 am
I'd say renting it when it comes out on DVD is the best option. If you turn out to actually love it, then you just might buy it.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:06 pm
it was... okay.
Just another mummy movie, pretty much.... sweatdrop  

MearaT

Rainbow Raider

Moon_x_Shine

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:27 pm
I totally agree that movie sucked...actually what happened to me was that I saw the previews with some friends and we thought it was going to be amazing....as the last 2...(I mean I'm not a super fan of the movie but u understand...) and then I saw the movie and I was like why did they have to change Rachel for Maria? I mean this English actrees is incredible and I agree Maria looks like older and boring....It sucked  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:11 am
im excited bout it i luv jet li  

gOtHiC_MuSiC_DeVviL

allmy9lives

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:33 am
why didn't rachel weiss play the role anyway?  
T3h Movie World

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff