Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
Original Motion Picture Soundtracks Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Got milk?
  Yuppers
  Nopers
  Nawh, but now I got some extra gold!
View Results

Post Coital Cookie
Captain

Bloblike Loiterer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:42 am
There are some movies with some pretty great original music and I wanna know what your favorite one is. Why? What's your fav song on the album? And would you reccommend for someone to buy the CD buy itself without having seen the actual movie?

A couple of my favs are the soundtrack for Selena. Great music. And Romeo Must Die. Loved just about every song on that one. Oh, and of course Rent! Love every song in that movie. 3nodding

So, let's see 'em!  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:52 pm
One word: Rohan. Yes, Two Towers is my favorite movie in the trilogy purely for the music for Rohan. And the architecture. And the clothes. And the characters. I LOVE YOU, ROHAN!!! >.< XD

Michino Ri-to

RedWhiteBlack
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:16 am
Hmm... I'd have to say that one of my favorites is Javier Navarette's Pan's Labyrinth OST. "Pan's Labyrinth Lullaby" just has a great melody, and the overall score just evokes such feeling that it doesn't matter if you haven't seen the movie. Check out "Not Human" or "A Long, Long Time Ago" - great little pieces of film score.

Now, if we want to move to something a little more mainstream, I'd definitely recommend Fred Ebb's and John Kander's Chicago OST. The music really evokes the spirit of the 1920s and 1930s, but still maintains a fresh feel. High points include "I Can't Do It Alone" and "Nowadays." And I must of course mention the famous "All that Jazz." Catherine Zeta-Jones is a marvel.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:36 am
Michino Ri-to
One word: Rohan. Yes, Two Towers is my favorite movie in the trilogy purely for the music for Rohan. And the architecture. And the clothes. And the characters. I LOVE YOU, ROHAN!!! >.< XD

same here, again
LotR, Lady in the Water, DaVinci Code, Chronicles of Narnia, Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, Inside Man...the list goes on and on  

TheLostOne42

jfnbhgurkddhj8
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:14 am
I feel like I'm cheating when I say that movies like Star Wars and Lord of the Rings have the best soundtracks, but it's kinda true. xD! I also really like The Last of the Mohicans and The Dark Knight soundtracks, though. I don't really like the Rent movie soundtrack because it's just not as good as the original Broadway version. Sure, almost all of the actors reprised their roles, but that's also a bad thing since it wasn't as believable when they're thirty-something and still living like they're just out of college. sweatdrop domokun  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:17 am
Also, as for the Rohan statement above...the best song/part in the trilogy is when Billy Boyd sings to Denethor (I probably spelled his name wrong). It was hauntingly beautiful, and I love that part!

(side-note) I can never consider Two Towers the best because of the brutal rape of Faramir's character by Peter Jackson. The entire point of Faramir is to be the exact opposite of Boromir (sp?), but in the movie he is simply the same as his brother... domokun  

jfnbhgurkddhj8
Crew

gOtHiC_MuSiC_DeVviL

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:45 pm
mmm i like the you got served soundtrack, and i like the devils reject soundtracks  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:47 pm
I can't believe I forgot to add Bridget Jones Diary 2: The Edge of Reason. I only love it for that one song "Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow?" by Amy Winehouse. I am so in love with that song. Listening to it right now, as a matter of fact. 3nodding  

Post Coital Cookie
Captain

Bloblike Loiterer

gOtHiC_MuSiC_DeVviL

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:51 pm
not a bridget jones fan , i like hans zimmer music like the theme to broken arrow and face off  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:24 am
I don't listen to any of the soundtracks, I just watch the movie.

consultantnerd

Interesting Genius

4,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

gOtHiC_MuSiC_DeVviL

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:28 am
OOOOOOO but my NUMBER 1 Soundtrack Would Have to Be Queen Of the Damned  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:14 am
Michino Ri-to

I agree. The theme for Rohan is fantastic; especially the violin part. That really makes the theme.  

Tobias Mule

Quixotic Faye

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:53 am
I really liked the score to The Lord of the Rings trilogy and Pirates of the Caribbean. And of course, anything that John Williams creates is instant gold, since he's always working with Spielberg or Lucas or whatever hotly anticipated movie (in the vein of Spielberg and Lucas) comes out.

I often end up liking the soundtracks more than the movies.

Right now, I love the soundtrack to My Blueberry Nights.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:23 pm
My favs are Salena, Coyote Ugly, Grease and Dirty Dancing.  

kt_tashee_xoxo

gOtHiC_MuSiC_DeVviL

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:13 pm
Oh yeah grease is good and i like cant fight the moonlight by leanne rhymes  
T3h Movie World

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items