Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply Disappointing Movies
AVP Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AVP?
  BAD!
  GREAT!
  Haven't seen it/IDK/Poll whore
View Results

knightofthe21stcentury

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:09 am
AVP was a huge failure. For anyone who is an Alien/Predator/AvP (Books/comics/games) fan, they will agree with me. The predators were chunky, the Xenos (Aliens) were everywhere at once and it was full of plot holes. AVP: Requiem was slightly better, but still bad. Chestbursters came out in the scene after they were facehugged, and the idea of "suspense" is alien to the makers. Anyone else agree/Understand what I just said?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:24 pm
hey yeah i think so tooo
maybe the whole idea of what they made the story about them was ok but it just wasnt as great as everyone says im just not gonna get my hopes up about movies anymore so ya just get let down but if u watch it thinkin its just another movie it might b ok  

gOtHiC_MuSiC_DeVviL

Gwion Vaughn

Shameless Man-Lover

38,550 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:42 am
I didn't mind the first AVP, but the second was awful. It was like they'd no idea of the alien life cycle or the Predator culture.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:52 am
omfg about time i met someone who s a fan, but dislikes avp 1

i have read the books, played the games, and watched and own all the movies. but avp was a spur of the moment thrill, i loved it at first, mainly because of the idea of alien vs predator, but then aftert watching the originals a few more times, i realized how lame it was, people say AVPR sucked...i loved it, but no matter what, AVPR was better than AVP

btw, fave avp book.... is prey. XD  

Shiko Uchiha

2,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100

knightofthe21stcentury

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:13 am
Hybra Uchiha

i have read the books, played the games, and watched and own all the movies. but avp was a spur of the moment thrill, i loved it at first, mainly because of the idea of alien vs predator, but then aftert watching the originals a few more times, i realized how lame it was, people say AVPR sucked...i loved it, but no matter what, AVPR was better than AVP

Requiem wasn't that good, even though it was better than AVP. And their acid is stupidly strong. One drop can take your arm off in seconds, when originally you could take your armor off before it got to you.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:08 am
Aw damn.
That movie had such potential! Where did it all go?
To me, it's one of the more disappointing films I have seen yet.
Why couldn't have they changed the setting for the film? Or the plot for that matter? I'll admit, it had it's interesting points; but got lost in the badness of everything else.
xp
It really sucked.  

Tobias Mule

sankapoo

8,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:48 pm
I dont remember what AVP I saw, but I remember how painful it was to watch. And I remember thinking..Holy hell the predators actually have my type of hair..WTF? Cool beans yo. I was rooting for them in the end, but I still thought the movie sucked balls. Especially the acting.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:58 am
I haven`t seen it yet.  

kt_tashee_xoxo

gOtHiC_MuSiC_DeVviL

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:30 am
Ok as much as the 1st one bored me the 2nd one was worse WTF  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:23 am
devilsmokinangel
Ok as much as the 1st one bored me the 2nd one was worse WTF

Sequels are usually worse, but not with AVP, I found requiem better.  

knightofthe21stcentury

gOtHiC_MuSiC_DeVviL

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:32 am
To be Completly Honest I didnt even watch all of it !!! it was too boring Plus i was really tired so maybe ill get it out again one day ... But I think Ill just wait til it comes on TV  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:15 pm
Still haven't seen it, though I have both. They looked a bit boring to me truth be told.  

Post Coital Cookie
Captain

Bloblike Loiterer

Trichromatism

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:50 pm
devilsmokinangel
To be Completly Honest I didnt even watch all of it !!! it was too boring Plus i was really tired so maybe ill get it out again one day ... But I think Ill just wait til it comes on TV

lol. First one was horrible so i didnt even bother with the second.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:55 pm
knightofthe21stcentury
Hybra Uchiha

Requiem wasn't that good, even though it was better than AVP. And their acid is stupidly strong. One drop can take your arm off in seconds, when originally you could take your armor off before it got to you.

The acid was a bit overkill. The only part I liked in AVPR was when the whore died. It made me laugh. The blond chicks NEVER die and the black man always dies first...  

shinigami~Loki

xTx Monty xTx

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:19 pm
ehh i thought it Avp Was alright it kind of explain somewhat of how everything went down and the end of AVPR fitted everything up
even though they were trying to get Avp Eversince predator 2 came out so what could we expect from it all in all it to AVP was alright AVPR to me sucked  
Disappointing Movies

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff