Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
Motion Pictures or Books? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Books or MPs?
  Books
  Motion Pictures
  Ghost stories around the campfire
  None/All/Poll whore
View Results

knightofthe21stcentury

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:28 pm
So what do you think? Both sides have their benefits and disadvantages. I hope this won't be a bit bias, posting it in "T3h Movie World"...

BTW, when I say "Motion Pictures" I mean films, TV programs/series', cartoons... anything with magical moving pictures, not including those small spinners, because they don't really tell a story.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:35 pm
I like both.
Motion pictures are great when one has a couple of hours to kill, but books require somewhat more of an attention span.
If it's a good book, I'll devour it pretty quickly, though.  

Travis III

consultantnerd

Interesting Genius

4,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:37 pm
I am sort of torn in two with this one, as the whole of the Harry Potter series, the books have been better then the movies, as with Eragon, but Stormbreaker was a brilliant movie, I loved it. Also, some o the Doctor Who books have been writen based on the TV Shows, but, sometimes they're written better, as imagining the characters can be better then getting them thrown at you. But, sometiems the characters you get thrown at you are supberb. So, I do not really know..

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:44 pm
Decster97
I am sort of torn in two with this one, as the whole of the Harry Potter series, the books have been better then the movies, as with Eragon, but Stormbreaker was a brilliant movie, I loved it. Also, some o the Doctor Who books have been writen based on the TV Shows, but, sometimes they're written better, as imagining the characters can be better then getting them thrown at you. But, sometiems the characters you get thrown at you are supberb. So, I do not really know..

Yeah like the glass dalek, and the huge mutants in "The Daleks", which they couldn't probably because of budgets.  

knightofthe21stcentury

Octaru250
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:50 pm

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Sometimes the movies themselves are not bad, but the book always comes to be better. I liked 21, the boo(not by the same name), and the Ruins...Hated the Eragon movie(OMG)and I like the book(s).

♠ ◊ ♣ ♥

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:52 pm
Depends.  

Lightwater2520

knightofthe21stcentury

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:58 pm
Lightwater2520
Depends.

That didn't really add much. You're just posting for the competition, aren't you?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:13 pm
I'm one for the original. Books tend to be better than the movie but I really like movies that used to be books as well... so for me... it's a tie.  

ClumsyDino

Dapper Gekko

WillWintter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:36 pm
Books almost every time, there are rare cases the opposite are true but not worth really searching through crap.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:28 pm
I perfer reading a good book but its easier to watrch a movie biggrin  

gOtHiC_MuSiC_DeVviL

pepper79

6,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:31 pm
I like both but books in my mind are better  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:31 pm
Both have their place.
I try to like both interpretations. I like to see how the material is used to make a good movie.
But...
I haven't found a book-to-movie adaptation where I liked the movie better than the book.  

Tobias Mule

ClumsyDino

Dapper Gekko

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:33 pm
Heh heh... it's kinda cool to see a movie after you read the book though... kinda nice to see how your mental image of the characters compare to the actors/actresses.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:11 pm
I'd have to say it really depends. Like on the Harry Potter films, the books were amazing, they should have never made a movie out of them.

but then you've got movies like LOTR and Fight Club that were amazing.

Both the books and the movies.

It really just depends, plus, if you really just want something to pass the time without much thinking, obviously a movies way more up your ally, since reading actually takes brain power and patience. rofl  

sankapoo

8,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

knightofthe21stcentury

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:33 pm
Yeah, lots of things in films are impossible to put into pictures, like strange feelings (I'm thinking of LOTR) and smells.  
T3h Movie World

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff