Submit

MHHornfreak

Fashionable Conversationalist

14,150 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:57 am
So last month was my 10 year high school reunion.
I actually skipped it because i didnt want to go in general and i'm currently unemployed and living with my parents ><
From what i heard nobody went and that it was poorly organized.

Any geezers go to their high school reunions?
if you didnt what was your reason?  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:05 am
i've never gone to any of my reunions. at first because i never got the invites, they didn't have my address. and when they finally found me for my 15yr reunion, i didn't go cause i'm disabled and need a posse of 3 to get my electric wheelchair in and out of the car. i am now living in fl, and went to hs in ca, so it's a long haul. plus, i doubt any of those people will remember me cause i started in my junior year and wasn't one of the popular kids.
actually, i never kept in touch with anyone from hs after joining the usmc.  

butterfly star mist

Spotty-Chan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:02 am
My 10th is coming up in a few. Class of '00!

I skipped my 5th, I couldn't make it and the only people I would've wanted to see wouldn't have been there anyway. Might end up skipping my 10th too, for the same reason.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:13 am
Spotty-Chan
My 10th is coming up in a few. Class of '00!

I skipped my 5th, I couldn't make it and the only people I would've wanted to see wouldn't have been there anyway. Might end up skipping my 10th too, for the same reason.

5th? Holy crap, I've never heard of that, it's kind of pointless. Most people are still somewhat in touch with high school people but 10 years if enough time to drift apart and go on a do something (or not).  

Lady Asherat

Eloquent Elocutionist

2,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Faerie KatrinaZ
Crew

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:02 am
I was invited to my 10th reunion, and even bought the tickets. But at the last moment, an unforseen circumstance made it impossible for me to attend. Since then, I have not received (nor have yet to search for) any further news of other reunions. sad

But, my mom was another story. She attended almost every one of her class reunions for over 50 years! She was always so excited to go and see her classmates again! At the last one she went to, there were only something like 5 people remaining out of her graduating class. That fact saddened her, but she was also glad to see her surviving classmates. Unfortunately, my mom passed away this past spring, making her graduating class even smaller. cry

I recently heard that if you have the opportunity to attend any of your class reunions, the 10 year one is a really good one to attend. This one usually shows the biggest difference in how your classmates have changed their lives. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:17 am
I didn't go to my 10 year reunion because I didn't get the invitation. It turned out that someone in the student government was organizing the whole event. Unfortunately, he was in the Navy during Dessert Iraqi Freedom which meant that he wasn't able to get anything sorted out.

The funny part was that I actually found information about the whole thing on Google. According to a friend that was there, it wasn't that great. The reunion was held at some golf resort back home in Maui.

Supposedly, the 20 year reunion is where things get interesting. I was told it's held here in Las Vegas where I currently live. I would definitely go to that to see how everyone turned out.  

Skye River

Enduring Elder

14,675 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Megathread 100

purplewiz

Mega Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:59 pm
I went to my 10th mostly because it was convenient (held over Thanksgiving weekend and I happened to be spending that holiday with my parents). While it was interesting catching up with some people, I looked around the room and realized that NONE of these people had any influence over or importance in my life anymore. As much as they were the world (and an unpleasant world it was) when I was in high school, they no longer mattered at all. It was very freeing.

My 25th was supposedly last year, and because the main organizer for my class died a couple years ago, it was just a get together at a local bar one evening. I didn't think that was worth flying over 1000 miles for - we have nicer bars here.

If they ever do another proper reunion, I probably will go if it's possible. There are a few people I'm curious about.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:22 pm
I was never notified of the 10th Reunion, but got invites from both HS I went to for the 20th. I didn't go to either of them because most of those people aren't people I wanted to know even then. One of my former classmates works in the same building I do, and he didn't go either, and for the same reason.  

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

THE wascally wabbit

Romantic Rogue

12,750 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:58 pm
My 20( eek ) year was this past May, I didn't go because I'm still talking to the only people I'd want to see, lol  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:23 pm
Well, skipped my 10th because I broke up with my boyfriend. We graduated the same year and I left him for his best friend. Understand why I didn't go. He talked smack about me. Didn't go to my 20th because I got food poisening. I might get to go to my 30th.  

the lovely ma-sa

1,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Lil-Jo
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:36 pm
I have gone to my 5, 10, 15, 20th and also my husband's 20th... I will have to say that the 20th was the best of all of them. I was shocked at how many people I would not have considered friends really tried to talk to me. Same thing happened at my husband's 20th. I went in to mine thinking I would talk to the 5 or 10 people I would have still considered friends that showed up... and I had people that really talked to me that would not have given me the time of day in school. It is amazing what time will do.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:49 am
i have never been invited but if i were ever to get an invite to my high school reunion i would love to go to it  

peachsnapz

Lil-Jo
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:37 pm
bombergirl321
i have never been invited but if i were ever to get an invite to my high school reunion i would love to go to it

Not all schools send out invites, many times they loose track of the students. Most schools do have some sort of website for alumni and they post info for the classes and you can get your reunion information and respond on those sites.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:18 pm
Hmm, my 10yr isnt up yet, still got 2 yrs. But I think I'll go if I can just for fun. I was pretty quiet in general but I knew alot of different people so it'll be interesting to see what everyone's done with themselves. Its too bad that my closest friends were all either older or younger than me sweatdrop but maybe I'll look around on myspace or facebook. Everybody and their grandma's cat seems to have a page these days.  

Lady_Niqui

Nei1

Toxic Punk

24,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:05 pm
I don't think that I even HAVE a high school reunion. I went to a vo-tech high school and there was no mention of any reunion either by the students or the staff.  
Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff