Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply Disappointing Movies
Fido Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

shinigami~Loki

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:44 pm
Now this movie was really bad. I guess it was so bad it was kinda funny, and the fact that my bff and I made jokes the entire movie, buuuuut...
Okay Fido is a movie about Zombies. And can you guess what the zombies are? Bingo! House pets/slaves. Yeah, even though it was a bad movie I would recommend it for laughs
. cool  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:47 pm
I thought Fido was a dog?? I have been wrong all these years...  

Trichromatism

shinigami~Loki

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:48 pm
Fido is a dog. The main character boy in the movie names his Zombie Fido.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:40 pm
I too was disappointed by Fido. I thought it was fantastic, but I didn't think it was as good as it should've been.  

GilAskan

Post Coital Cookie
Captain

Bloblike Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:47 pm
Pet zombies? That does sound right funny. Fido! lol  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:01 pm
Raging_Blazing_Fire7
Pet zombies? That does sound right funny. Fido! lol
lol yeah I thought so. lol.

I don't know if if seen it but I knew it was about a dog!!!!  

gOtHiC_MuSiC_DeVviL

RedWhiteBlack
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:50 pm
I thought Fido was amazing. As far as zombie movies go, it's definitely a keeper. All zombie movies make comments on the state of society, but like Shawn of the Dead before it, it goes above and beyond the tired Dawn of the Dead-like movies. The juxtaposition of zombies against a nearly Technicolor suburb is pure genius, and the cheesy production values just add to it. Carrie-Ann Moss and Bill Nighy are just genius in this movie. I'd definitely recommend it.

shinigami~Loki, what exactly did you dislike about this movie?  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:36 pm
RedWhiteBlack
I thought Fido was amazing. As far as zombie movies go, it's definitely a keeper. All zombie movies make comments on the state of society, but like Shawn of the Dead before it, it goes above and beyond the tired Dawn of the Dead-like movies. The juxtaposition of zombies against a nearly Technicolor suburb is pure genius, and the cheesy production values just add to it. Carrie-Ann Moss and Bill Nighy are just genius in this movie. I'd definitely recommend it.

shinigami~Loki, what exactly did you dislike about this movie?

The 'love affair' kinda creeped me out. I didn't like some of the actors either. The movie made me laugh. I don't hate it, there were some parts I know could have been done a lot better. I'm an artist and when things don't work color wise I get a little agitated. Sorry, it's just one of my quirks. sweatdrop  

shinigami~Loki

GilAskan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:58 am
RedWhiteBlack
I thought Fido was amazing. As far as zombie movies go, it's definitely a keeper.

Agreed.

RedWhiteBlack
All zombie movies make comments on the state of society,

Ehh... Not so much. Good zombie films do, but there's a lot of crap out there that doesn't have any real point. Though, as I said, good zombie films tend to be smart films as well. Dawn of the Dead is about consumerism and the death of an intellectual middle class, Dead Next Door is about the global reaction to HIV/AIDS, Return of the Living Dead parodies pop-culture trends and draws attention to a growing generation gap, and so on.

RedWhiteBlack
but like Shawn of the Dead before it,

Thank you for drawing attention to this. Most people recognize "Shawn" as a funny movie, but few people really get how smart it is. The direction behind the film (particularly in the use of parallelism) is genius to a point at which I might say it's one of the best directed films of the decade.

RedWhiteBlack
it goes above and beyond the tired Dawn of the Dead-like movies. The juxtaposition of zombies against a nearly Technicolor suburb is pure genius, and the cheesy production values just add to it.

Interestingly, how you've described Fido is how the original Dawn of the Dead got famous to begin with. "Night" was a gritty documentary-style affair in black-and-white, but Romero made "Dawn" a rainbow of technicolor pastels, with bright-red blood and powder-blue zombies, inhabiting a kaleidoscope suburban mall.

RedWhiteBlack
Carrie-Ann Moss and Bill Nighy are just genius in this movie. I'd definitely recommend it.

Bill Nighy isn't in this one (he was in Shawn), but yes, he's a fantastic actor. A classically-trained British actor who knows how to make fun of himself? Awesome. And also, yes, Carrie Anne Moss was perfect in this film. Honestly, it took me a while to even see that it was her.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:35 pm
Oh sorry, I meant Billy Connolly, not Bill Nighy. Had a moment, there. XD

And I referred to "Dawn of the Dead-like", not actually referring to Dawn of the Dead, but those movies that portray the zombie in a negative light and whole movie has a sense of foreboding. Fido had that sense, but it wasn't as prevalent as in the common zombie movie. That's where I was going with that. Sorry for any misinterpretations, but I was in a rush in writing that.  

RedWhiteBlack
Crew

Tobias Mule

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:20 am
Um....

I'm sorry. I can tell that some of the people who have commented on this topic liked the film. But to be honest, I don't like the concept (I'm not saying that I didn't like the film; that would be arrogant of me since I haven't even seen it).
For me, zombies have always been scary. There are few exceptions to this. On the whole, zombies are frightening. Part of it may be watching characters dealing with the fact that people they once knew have returned from the dead and don't recognized old bonds anymore. *shudders*
And for some reason, the plot for the movie feels...wrong. Don't ask me why, I can't explain it any better not even to myself. It might be that most of the movies I've seen that involve zombies portray them as a threat.

But I'm willing to give kudos to this film for showing zombies in a different way.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:49 pm
You really think so? I mean...it was a comedy. You got that, right?
I thought that it was hilarious, and right up there (if not better) than Shaun of the Dead.  

jfnbhgurkddhj8
Crew

madbugz

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:34 am
i know you people say it sux and it does. but i really think i would watch it agian if i owned it.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:56 pm
i think it's a good movie.

d a s Z o m b i e

madbugz

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:30 am
Chronic Vomit
i think it's a good movie.

it truly is a decent movie if you have nothing better to do.  
Disappointing Movies

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff