Submit

BogiePop

Shameless Smoker

13,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:30 pm
And I couldn’t be happier I worked for Kroger for 3 years and was fired for sitting on 3rd oh well I’ll get unemployment enjoy some time off looking for a new job  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:22 pm
That sucks! At least you have a up-beat view. i could use that right now.  

charamath

KaleKatsura

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:06 pm
Wow. My mom actually likes working at our local Kroger store ._.;. Anyway, good luck with the job search.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:25 pm
My boss almost fired me today. She's a bit stressed and overreacted to something I did wrong, that I didn't know was wrong. Came at me sideways, instead of just coming TO me. Been a long, hard day, after that. I kinda wish I'd been fired, for the same reasons the thread starter is happy. *sigh* Last week I was grateful to even have a job in this job market, and now....not so much. crying  

pd2care

17,800 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200

Lup

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:35 am
Well it's good to see you are still up beat. Don't worry, if you keep up a positive attitude something will come your way.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:41 am
I did 6 years in Retail for a local chain department store (Fred Meyers) that ended up getting bought by Kroger. I also got fired but I did something stupid so I had it coming.
Now I've been with the company I'm at now for 8 years and in the IT Department for 3 and couldn't be happier with my job. It's actually a 'career' now versus a 'job'. Everything works out for the best so you'll find a better job.  

oOo_Nightowl_oOo

Nei1

Toxic Punk

24,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:01 am
I have sadly out of work since June 17th. Rather then train me on the new system, the company got rid of me along with all of the people connected with my department. I do apply to jobs and even went on several interviews, alas no one is wants to higher me.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:06 am
I was going to offer my condolences but since you're happy...CONGRATS! I hope you enjoy your time off and find a much better job soon!  

Wendy Essex

Intergalactic Saint

15,000 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Haldus: Victory! 100
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Noble Shade 100

Hanamura-sensei

450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:56 pm
Good luck with the job search.
At least have you got some free time now to enjoy the things you like to do most.
Hopefully will you manage to find a decent job soon.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:23 pm
Awww man, I'm sorry to hear you got..... wait...you're happy? Oh, well hell, good for you! mrgreen Just don't wait too long before getting another job, the bills won't pay themselves, right?  

YouDubb

President Kristian Fry

7,950 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:14 pm
I wish I was as lucky as you. I just got laid off abck last month because the compeny went brankrupt and I cant get any thing for money.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:55 pm
First of all, what the hell is a Kroger????

Anyway, I never got fired, but I did quit many jobs, mostly for good reasons. I always believed that getting fired or be forced to quit (due to bad payment, bad environment, etc.) it's a great opportunity to jump to higher places and ambitions. You'll have more experience, won't be making the same mistakes, etc.

It sucks to be out of work and feel like a failure, but to see it from a point of view of a new chance is the healthiest way to overcome getting fired.

Keep up the good mood!!!  

Doppelganger007

THE wascally wabbit

Romantic Rogue

12,750 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:38 pm
sad I'm so sorry to hear that! I know how you feel, I worked in this restraunt for 4 years and they closed Memorial weekend with out any warning.....I still haven't found anything else, bad time of year for a waitress to be looking for a new job in South Florida sad But I know we'll both find something soon!!!!! wink  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:52 pm
UGH. well at least you can always find another one right?
im happy you have such and up beat attitude about it...most people would find that it's the end of the world.

but me... i cant even work sooo... but i digress. rolleyes  

Danamii

Sparkly Lunatic

5,225 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

TheHellDevil

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:06 pm
Ahh... time to explore new horizons! New adventures! WHEEEEE!!!!

Seriously, quitting or getting fired from a job you hate gives you some of the best feelings, I find. Good luck on your job search!  
Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff