18%  [ 6 ]
just give me gold
39%
 39%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 33

MotherMoo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:07 am
Hi all,
I just thought I would see how everyone is liking the Gaia aquarium. I like it alright, I'm just soooo disappointed that you can only get the accessories for it with Gaia Cash. Why couldn't they offer at least a few items with just plain old gold? I for one don't like to spend actual money on on-line games. I need too much of it just to live a normal (as normal as can be anyway) life without spending so much on an on-line site.
Anyway, just thought I would put my 2 cents in. Let me know what you think.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:50 am
Here's my 2 cents
I'm also on the same boat as yours...
I think that paying for pixels is worthless... I'm pretty much disappointed with the aquarium. I thought that it was a great idea, but now... it's like encouraging people to use their hard earned cash to get aquarium items... I personally prefer to pay a lot more cash for a real life aquarium rather than few dollars for some "pixel" aquarium
*EDIT*
I found that aquarium stuff is getting cheaper in the marketplace. I suppose that should be a good news to you. At least it's getting much more attainable.  

Sir_Bors

Miss Abigal of Lenox

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:37 pm
I like the aquarium but I don't like the way they have it set up to buy things for it. They should have made a shop like the other shops that we have. It would have been neat to go in the shop and buy what you wanted for your aquarium, like you would do for real fish, go to the store that sells things for your fish. Someone didn't think this through or this is just another way to get money from us, I think it was the latter, cause it's always about the money............................. evil  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:48 pm
i agree about paying but as with anything, wait a little and it does go down on marketplace. aquariums is a neat idea but i was dissappointed it wouldn't let me sell the starter stuff that came with it on the marketplace.  

alanne-6

September Wolf

Wintry Dragon

21,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:03 am
I agree with everyone else here - I do like the aquarium, but am disappointed that items are only available for real money. I don't have enough real cash spare, to spend it on 'nothing'.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:58 am
I totaly agree. Its stupid to ave us pay real cash for sumthing like that. The speciol items made sens but this is rediculis. Also the ones who do buy them end up overpricing them in the Market. >.< I WANT MY BUBBLES!!!!!  

AvilesC

7,050 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200

Blind Soka

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:03 pm
Another problem I am seeing actually.

Is it really true the the ones with the most toys wins? Meaning you have to have lots of stuff in order for your fish to be happy. But it doesn't matter what it is.

I suppose I should be happy about that, but it simplifies it down to a decorating simulation with VERY expensive decorations. Please tell me there is more to this.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:24 am
To be truthful I did spent some real life cash to get some of the items in my aquarium. . I have a lot of gold now to buy the items I want for my tank in the marketplace.

I also been getting fish now and again throught the daily chance.

I heard that the tank started out with a few fish to begin with. It doesn't hurt to use the few fish that was given to use and then let them die and not to use it again if you don't like it. ( I'm sorry if that sounded rude)

I happen to like it. It's my only to have fish that don't die in a few days.  

Skyblue16

Dapper Genius

3,250 Points
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Gaian 0

chezkitten

3,150 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:01 pm
I like it....and agree that it would be nice if a few things could be got with gold without having to go to the marketplace...just some small things like the fish and decorations that you get to start with.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:05 pm
I would like to play with my aquarium, it's a pity I haven't the money too. I break even with my bills right now....

Yes, I've bought some items off from the market place (a few fish), however, I feel quite panged with regret to let 'the rich get richer and the poor get poorer'.  

KaShash

mytho2

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:41 pm
I liked the idea of the aquarium and was very disappointed to find the store was cash only. It takes all the fun out of it.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:29 pm
I really liked the idea of an aquarium, but the actual thing was a disapointment. It really isn't all that fun, the fish are going to die in a couple of weeks no matter what, and to replace them, you've got to pay cash.

I know I can go to the Marketplace, but why bother when it's so limited?  

TamlinSan

Liriel_the_Dark-Maiden

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:10 pm
The ideal of an Aquarium was ok but paying for stuff with Gaia Cash was not a good idea at all! Marketplace items can get spendy ~ if maybe a few of the fish, a couple of backgrounds & some decorations could be purchased with gold, then that would be better. I really see no purpose in the Aquariums at all ('cept to get money out of us hard-working people!)  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:32 am
I agree with just about all of the above comments. Like the aquarium but don't like having to pay cash for everything. Does Gaia really need $ that badly?
PS I like to make my aquarium full screen, turn up the music and just let it play for a while. Very soothing... smile  

Lucky Lass 38

cs_gardener

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:01 pm
I was looking forward to the aquarium when they announced it and then I found the reality to be disappointing and very limited. I haven't bought anything for it but I have won some items in the daily chance.  
Arena Threads and Gaia Items

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff