Favorite Holiday os Special Occasion Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pookynators Mom

Hitched Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:34 pm
What is your favorite holiday or special occasion? Or do you just have a favorite day of the year (not including your birthday)!?

Mine is Halloween... xd always has been since I was a little girl. It's the one day out of the year that you can be whoever you want or whatever you want and not be judged!! And the candy is just a plus for me!! biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:18 pm
I love Christmas Eve - I love the anticipation, the lights, and the fun!!  

September Wolf

Wintry Dragon

21,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100

Zealand_Aquarius

Barton Sweetheart

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:31 pm

Christmas and Halloween are both my favourite holidays, Halloween because I love the whole ohh spooky spooky thing that goes on plus I get to do some face painting and hair styling on my friends kids. Plus it’s a great atmosphere in our house round that time.

Christmas because I love to get things for my mum and dad I get silly stuff and non- silly stuff and they always get bothered by this pile of presents that keep appearing at the Christmas tree each night in the run up to Christmas day. It’s my thank you day to them. I also like the fact that dad and I go Light’s need more lights and go out looking at other houses and rate them on a scale of one to five for no reason other then we can XD

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:51 pm
My favorite holiday is Halloween followed by Christmas. I usually just like dressing up for Halloween. And I'm going trick or treating again this year xD. You're never too old to go. I think as you get older, it's more fun to dress up.  

Mikiba

Miss Abigal of Lenox

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:56 pm
I would say that Christmas is my favorite. When I was young we were, I wouldn't say poor, because we were rich in so many ways, but we didn't get much for Christmas. We would get only one gift from Santa and an apple and an orange in our stockings, but we were so excited to get up on Christmas morning. Unfortunately the kids today are so spoiled, it's Christmas every day to them, they get so much stuff, and don't really appreciate any of it, I know, because I have 10 grandchildren and I see it in them. Christmas has gotten so commercial that we forget the real meaning of Christmas, the birth of our Lord, Jesus. When we celebrate that, and forget all the other stuff, then we will know what the true meaning of Christmas is.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:14 pm
my birthday which just happens to be a real holiday pearl harbor

but really it would have to be halloween i love dressing up  

blubombay

3,350 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

Lady_Niqui

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:46 pm
oooOOoh.... I have so many I realllly like! whee
But my favorite is probably Thanksgiving (so much deliciousness heart ), then next is probably halloween. I love to dress up. This year I'll probably be a medieval princess and my husband will be my jester lol.
I used to love christmas best but my family is so spread out now that I never see them. It's so bad that my parents have never even met my husband, even though I've met his family. Christmas just isnt the same without family to spend it with.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:22 pm
I have two favorite holidays.

my first favorite holiday is Thanksgiving mainly because every four years my birthday lands on it ^-^

And My Most Favorite Holiday Is Halloween! I love Halloween. Why? because Halloween is when I first meet my husband! ^-^  

Lita Kuragari

Ska Hippie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:47 am
User Image
I have 3, & they're in no particular order
4laugh

XMas because I love presents & pretty lights.
Actually, it's more the hype prior to XMas that I enjoy most, hehe

Halloween, because it has a bit of a magical yet melancholy feeling in the air to me.
And because holiday-inspired tv episodes are usually kick-a** at Halloween
(ie Roseanne, Simpsons)
hehehe

And May Day, for the excitement of the spring & summer ahead.
heart
User Image

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:53 am
Halloween 100% What other night is perfect for going out and raising hell...Except every friday  

Jayza Wirekill

6,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Lup

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:33 am
Christmas, just because of the snow, hot cocoa, boiled wine, spices, gifts, family all in one place, and the fuss on the streets for present hunting.
Good music, carols, neighbours and friends coming over. Gifts between best friends.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:10 am
Mine is also Halloween! It's fabulous.  

The Goddess Eclaire

14,325 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200

Wixandrettas

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:42 pm
DEFINITELY Christmas...

My whole house is decorated, every room except the bedrooms... lots of lights, homemade ornaments, a very LARGE Christmas village, a homemade tree-skirt that I made...

Im always cooking and baking.. .so my house smells awesome!

Winter time and Christmas.. two great things that make me so happy  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:44 am
Rosh Hashanah, definitely. The "Head of the Year." The weather's cooling down so that it's no longer painfully hot, but not yet bitterly cold, and the summer fruits and vegetables are still around, but the autumn crops start coming in strong, so you can have the best of all worlds when cooking. Best of all, it's an opportunity to rededicate myself to my ideals and say, "All right, I grew a little last year, and now I can start fresh with a new year to grow in." Great holiday all around.  

Divash

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

obe1ball

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:12 pm
My favorite holiday would have to be Thanksgiving! YUM biggrin Me next fav would have to be New Years Eve! Party all night long! That all i have to say about that holiday!!!!! biggrin biggrin cheese_whine wahmbulance  
Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff