Total Votes : 102

MHHornfreak

Fashionable Conversationalist

14,150 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:40 pm
So i know alcohol can be a bad thing but for those who drink what's your favorite drink?
Anything i havent heard of that you like or invented?
Let us discuss drinks here of the alcoholic variety.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:14 pm
I have a beer now and again during the week, but at bars with friends/family my drink of choice is a brandy old-fashioned sweet. I'm in liqour hell right now down in the Keys, because there is NO brandy. Every drink is fruity....  

charamath

Mayumi_Yuy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:38 pm
At restaurants or at home I'm usually a fan of wine (my favorites tend to be Pinot Grigio), but at bars I'll have cider or a screwdriver.
However: If I'm at Outback I'll order their Strawberry Kiwi Lemonade frozen drink - I thoroughly recommend it!  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:51 pm
One thing out here and no where else is something they call an STP (Sweet Thai P_ssy). It's just equal parts Midori and Malibu with some Pineapple juice.
It can be a shot, but I always have it on the rocks when I'm out. Yes, it's sweet.
I don't know if that same drink goes by a different name in another part of the world.  

mizducky

Kyreie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:01 am
I have the occasion beer or glass of wine. For the hard stuff, I like a rum and eggnog at Christmas, or a rye and coke at the bar. I once had a Crown Royal and chocolate milk drink, that was really good. Hmmm...I'll have to buy some chocolate milk on the way home! wink  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:42 am
Im enjoy a few drink with my friends or at the local corner bar!!!  

obe1ball

Divash

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:23 am
Wine every Shabbat (Sabbath) evening and again on Shabbat morning, to bless the day.

About once a month, we'll go over to see our friends, Ash and ShSh, and each have half of a 'test' beer. That is, ShSh and I like to try different drinks, so one or the other of us will break out a new beer we're trying for the first time, or one we tried and want to share, and we'll sip it and talk about its qualities. Sometimes we do this with other drinks too, but usually only beers, because you can buy them in a single serving size instead of a huge thing that'd get an army tipsy, like with harder alcohols.

About every two or three years, I buy a bottle of good vodka. That's for my RLSO, who enjoys it with cranberry juice. It takes us a couple years to go through it all.

Finally, about once a year, I buy a bottle of Jack Daniels, a bottle of Bacardi (the darkest one they've got), a bottle of whatever bourbon they've got at Binny's that's the best of the lot, and a bottle of one or two other types of liquor. This stuff, we never drink -- I use it to make fruitcakes. Don't wrinkle your nose at me! My fruitcakes are not spongy, dry bricks filled with plastic-candied 'fruit'. My fruitcakes are made to be rich, dense, flavorful cakes filled with the best dried fruits I can find -- golden raisins, dried cranberries and/or apricots, black currants, dates. Sometimes I put dried pineapple and some macadamia nuts in there instead. Anyway, don't run away from my fruitcake. Everyone who's tried it has wanted seconds, and usually thirds as well. I always make a pair for home, one with nuts and one without, and the rest are shipped to relatives who live too far away to come partake in person. I might also make a rum cake or bourbon balls now and again, for a really special occasion.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:35 am
I'm on a reflux reduction diet that bans me from alcohol (among other things). But if I didn't have to worry about that, I'd have a shot of Khalua in hot chocolate, every night at bedtime.  

Taxi Mama

Faerie KatrinaZ
Crew

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:41 am
Gin and Tonic with a twist of lime, Khalua and Cream, Frangelico over ice, Cosmopolitan, and a Mike's Hard Lemonade are amongst my favorites. The only problem is ... I can count on one hand the number of drinks I've had in the past two years ... confused  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:07 am
I drink ever once in a while . I lie mixed drinks lot but sometimes i just go or the straight out hard liquor. I like this drink that they make down here called The Devils Blood. They don't really say what is mixed into it but it leaves you buzzed very quickly.  

Noir Resurection

Wealthy Tycoon

Majexek

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:30 am
when I do drink it's usually crown and coke, sometimes at restraunts I'll pick something at random from the drink menu just for kicks. This is what lead me to realize that cosmopolitians aren't that good.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:12 am
I usually drink rum and coke, and I usually make sure to get the best spiced rum available. I don't drink that quickly, or that much, so it takes me about a month to get through just a QUARTER of the bottle, so I think it's worth the extra few bucks.

As for some mixed drinks that aren't exactly ordinary, I've made a few. I have a high tolerance for mixed drinks.. as long as I'm not drinking beer/wine , wine/liquor, or liquor/beer, I can drink just about anything. One of my favourites I've made I like to call "Triple Threat"-- You take a 20 ounce soda bottle, pour in a double shot of Captain Morgan Private Stock, a double shot of Jack Daniels, and the rest of the drink is Mountain Dew. In short, two alcohols and a caffine--Yeah, it's got a pretty good kick.  

Vaidurya

Keisaku Hakurei

3,300 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Voter 0
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:14 am
I'll drink whatever's fruity and/or sweet (as long as it's not too sweet), mixed with Sprite or juice. I'm not yet used to the taste of alcohol. ^^;  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:27 am
I'm a rum and coke person. I don't really like to drink beer, but if it's the only thing available, I'll drink it. I'll do shots every once in a while also. I don't drink all the time either, mostly socially, most of my friends either don't drink, or not old enough to drink (not yet, anyway wink ).  

Nocturne Raine

Fabulous mine

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:27 am
Tequila Rose & strawberry ice-cream!!! Yum best on a hot day/night! lol  
Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items