Other - post idea in the thread
5%
 5%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 89

Gilda Geezer
Crew

Devout Worshipper

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:08 pm
As some of you know, donations made directly to the guild cannot be accessed except to purchase sub-forums. However, due to some generous donations to yours truly, we now have some funds we can access. In that context, I'd like put together some contests. For the next couple of days, I'd like some feedback about what kind of contest you'd like to see.

Please Note: Any funds that were donated directly to this old guild mule aka Mascot are used only for the guild. Funds donated to Lil Brat for the guild were transferred directly to this account.

Clothes and items you may see on this avatar or in her home or vehicle have been donated by Lil Brat, Stargazer Lily, Brat's RL daughter littlebittybeanie, and Brat's RL friend Wretched Soul ~ these donations were made specifically for your Mascot. In other words, they didn't want me to run around nekkie. eek

This thread is made specifically to come up with ideas for contests and is not a request for donations.

Thank you
Gilda Geezer

UPDATE:
The first guild contest is here: http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=13842401

Hope to see you there.

Gilda  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:28 pm
Wow i'm first to reply to a sticky thats new for me so coustume contests yes why not pick themes and we can go for the Gold sorry i just got off work after 13 hours time for sleepy  

Filia_Nox_Noctis

Keisaku Hakurei

3,300 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Voter 0
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:34 pm
Filia_Nox
Wow i'm first to reply to a sticky thats new for me so coustume contests yes why not pick themes and we can go for the Gold sorry i just got off work after 13 hours time for sleepy
If the theme was supermodels you would win first place. XD  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:44 pm
Takarada Kaoru
Filia_Nox

Why thank you. I was going for the Paris Hilton look lol  

Filia_Nox_Noctis

Keisaku Hakurei

3,300 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Voter 0
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:32 pm
Filia_Nox
Takarada Kaoru
Filia_Nox

Why thank you. I was going for the Paris Hilton look lol
You're welcome. XD  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:02 am
definitely a halloween constume contest  

Creepy Clown Town

Noir Resurection

Wealthy Tycoon

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:26 am
I dont know how much you have in donations but heres my idea.

How bout having a small week of dress up days. it is October and im sure people would have fun with this idea. And then have the guild members vote on winners.

Or something like a Geezer spirit week with a different activity every day like a posting contest on one day, a random number contest on the other, costume contest on the next day, and so on.

If you like i can help you out with a donation if you need it 3nodding 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:06 pm
Noir Resurection
I dont know how much you have in donations but heres my idea.

How bout having a small week of dress up days. it is October and im sure people would have fun with this idea. And then have the guild members vote on winners.

Or something like a Geezer spirit week with a different activity every day like a posting contest on one day, a random number contest on the other, costume contest on the next day, and so on.

If you like i can help you out with a donation if you need it 3nodding 3nodding
I'll second that! 3nodding  

Faery Nuff

Site Moderator

Magic Manifestation

36,900 Points
  • The Ring: Vol2 Master Collector 250
  • March 2020 Collector 250
  • Wing Mastery 100

Gilda Geezer
Crew

Devout Worshipper

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:47 pm
Excellent ideas, I like them. It sounds like a Halloween Costume Contest is the lead, followed by a spirit week contest. When I considered a costume contest it was definitely with the thought that the guild members would decide the winner. We could sponsor that contest in the Arena Thread in our guild with prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place, say 2k for 1st, 1k for 2nd, and 500g for 3rd. Or would you all prefer a sub-forum strictly for the contests?

Thanks
Gilda  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:36 pm
I think you should talk to my boy about helping with this one... he is creative and can be online most the day/night...  

Lil-Jo
Crew

GypsyFoxglove

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:46 pm
You could do a Scavenger Hunt, using guild members houses, first see who would volunteer their house for the hunt, then check each house out for a specific item. Make a list of items, of course you might have the same item in 2 or 3 houses so keep track of where you found the item while doing the hunt. Then the hunt begins and say the 1st, 2nd and 3rd people who post or pm the list of items found and which house they found them in wins prizes. You could give 3 or 5, how ever many days you choose in which to complete the hunt.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:08 am
a costume contest ain't such a bad idea! fit for the occassion ^^  

Hyung Horangi

bbydaeriel93

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:03 am
I like the costume idea, and spirit week too. What about an avatar look-a-like contest? Dress up like your avi, you know?  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:22 am
NatziSweetzi
You could do a Scavenger Hunt, using guild members houses, first see who would volunteer their house for the hunt, then check each house out for a specific item. Make a list of items, of course you might have the same item in 2 or 3 houses so keep track of where you found the item while doing the hunt. Then the hunt begins and say the 1st, 2nd and 3rd people who post or pm the list of items found and which house they found them in wins prizes. You could give 3 or 5, how ever many days you choose in which to complete the hunt.

Hmm, I like the idea of a Scavenger Hunt! Costume contests OK, too! 3nodding  

Faerie KatrinaZ
Crew

Sparkly Fairy

September Wolf

Wintry Dragon

21,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:17 am
I always enjoy dressing up - so avi contests are my favourite!

Random number contests make bumping more fun, too.  
GGG Contests

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff