Welcome to Gaia! ::

~Sakura Kiss~ An Ouran Guild

Back to Guilds

~Sakura Kiss~ is the largest Ouran Guild on Gaia. We have roleplays, blogs, and more! Hope you'll join us! 

Tags: ouran high school host club, host club, ohshc, ouran, roleplay 

Reply ~Sakura Kiss~ An Ouran Guild
Decide for Yourself [OURAN DUB OUT NOW!] Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kibby47
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:58 pm
Go here to watch two episodes of Ouran!

http://www.funimation.com/f_index.cfm?page=videos  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:34 pm
crying it won't play...  

Valiant_Moon
Crew

Romantic Sex Symbol

9,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Window Shopper 100

Dreaming In Donuts

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:59 am
YAY VIC!!!!! heart
i think its good but the japanese will always be better.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:40 am
Host Kaoru-kun
YAY VIC!!!!! heart
i think its good but the japanese will always be better.

I agree 3nodding
It was better than I expected  

oOMissSweetheartOo

Katamari Syndrome

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:04 am
User Image&&;

I'm loading episode 1 right now.
x3

User Image<3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:07 am
It loads and then quits on me. XD  

asutora

Friendly Explorer

6,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Emira Brightleaf

Blessed Miko

11,650 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:15 am
*sobs* I only have audio.....

And Hunny-sempai sounds weirdddddd..... *sobs*

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:29 am
User Image&&;

I'm going to post comments as i watch:
' Tamaki actually sounds better than i thought. I really like his voice. You get used to it.
' Holy ships. What did they do to Kyouya? It sounds like he's plugging his nose when he talks. D:
' 8:28. What the hell did Kaoru just say? Was he trying to say HIKARU? It came out weird. gonk
' Hunny seems kinds forced. But I do like Haruhi. She sounds really good.
:3
' 13:19 again with the Heekaroo. You can say Kaoru right but not Hikaru?
Hmmmm...

And I'm done! And wow, just skip the opening and nding songs. They are HORRIBLE.
D:

User Image<3

Katamari Syndrome

meerca998

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:35 am
I...
User Image

Hm, it's actually quite good if I do say so myself. 3nodding

Please Be...
User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:07 am
OMFG!!! THAT SUCK!!!! I GUESS IM STICKING TO WATCHING IT IN JAPANESE  

kawaii-chan26

-Ninja Cat Momo-

Backwoods Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:59 pm
Kyouko-chan
User Image&&;

I'm going to post comments as i watch:
' Tamaki actually sounds better than i thought. I really like his voice. You get used to it.
' Holy ships. What did they do to Kyouya? It sounds like he's plugging his nose when he talks. D:
' 8:28. What the hell did Kaoru just say? Was he trying to say HIKARU? It came out weird. gonk
' Hunny seems kinds forced. But I do like Haruhi. She sounds really good.
:3
' 13:19 again with the Heekaroo. You can say Kaoru right but not Hikaru?
Hmmmm...

And I'm done! And wow, just skip the opening and nding songs. They are HORRIBLE.
D:

User Image<3

I agree whole heartedly! I kinda think Tamaki sounds pretty good, minus the whole "It's so obvious it's Vic" voice thing going on.

OH GOD THE OPENING *dies*
Personally, has anyone here heard Christina Vee's version? The lryics make sense, and her voice is better (not the best, but if you overlap it with the original Sakura kiss, her notes are DEAD ON.)

I'm reaallyyy glad that they used stuff like "-chan" and etc. I would have cried if they said something stupid like "HARU!" "WHO ARE YOU CALLING HARU? D<"  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:40 pm
Its better then what I thought it would be. Alot better. But hunni's voice was too high. Other then that the voices where nice.
Edit: To tell you the honset truth. I can hardly hear Edward in Tamaki's voice and I'm a huge FMA fan. Its to elegant to be edward. >.<

Sairento Yuzuki

4,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Contributor 150
  • Consumer 100

Jenny1229

6,850 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:27 am
I actually think that it's pretty decent... Especially for a dubbing. After all, my first anime was Sailor Moon, and I'm not sure whether a dubbing can get much worse than that. Lol.. Of coarse it's not as good as the original. The original is amazing. So, yea, its gonna take a little getting used to. After watching those two episodes again in better atmosphere than at the NYAF, I realize that it might be a little harder for me to not think of Edward Elric when I hear Tamaki's voice. sweatdrop And some of the translations are different, but thats to be expected. As much as I hate to say it, the opening and ending are not really to my liking. They have kept original openings for so many other shows that I don't understand the decision to dub it this time. The words and everything are fine, it's just the singing itself. I mean, it's not horrible, but its not that great either. I personally think that Vic's version of the ending is so much better than this official one. Besides that though, I don't really have any other constructive complaints. Overall, I am still extremely excited for this to come out. Lol. I can't express the amount. At the worst, as I think I said somewhere else in the guild, I will have the original version to watch. xd

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:07 pm
Wow! Its sooo different!!
its...weird.  

duckie254

Simplistic-Tyranny

Dangerous Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:22 pm

Okay Okay Okaaaaaaaaaaay.

I have to get my two cents in right nooooooow.

Tamaki - Yes, Yes, yes, I said Vic Mignogna would nail it and he did. I'm just giddy. I love his high-class attitude and mannerisms.

Kyouya - I'm not entirely used to J. Michael Tatum as my favorite, but it does work. If you forgot, Matsukaze Masaya had a deep voice when he did Kyouya in the sub version. It's only natural that English!Kyouya had the same deep voice.

Twins - HECK YES. I am -bows down in glory- omg yes. Todd and Greg are EPIC FREAKING WIN. They sound similar, but show the differences well. The only draw back I had was that they're off time when speaking their lines together.

Honey - omg so cute.

Mori - With the only line he spoke in episode two, I couldn't help but say that I heard Roy Mustang in that one line. ^^;

Haruhi - I'm actually pretty pleased with Caitlin. I didn't know her voice could go that deep, and it really convinced me that Haruhi was to portray a boy.

Kristine Sa's Version of Sakura Kiss - ........Ew.
Justin Houston's version of Shissou - Vic's was better.

I can't wait for my boxset now. I'm stoked.

~Sakura Kiss~ An Ouran Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff