Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
Speed Racer Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xxdragonwolf12xX

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:24 pm
i love speed racer i like the action and heart pumping suspense. i also like transformers the girl on there is HOT man! lol  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:52 pm
The girl in transformers is hot.  

The Dark Archer
Crew

Quixotic Faye

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:20 pm
Speed Racer was awful.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:20 pm
The reason why people believe Speed Racer was awful was because they didn't go in there with a mindset that the movie was made for kids.

It was not made for the 30+ year olds that remember watching it when they were kids.

If you go into a movie (especially a Wachowski movie) thinking it's the next Matrix then you are going to be disappointed.

I walked into that IMAX with an open mind and loved the movie.

It isn't getting enough credit for what it deserves.

Besides, I work at a DVD store and it made a killing for DVD sales.

Beware The Gray Ghost

Clean Lunatic

The Dark Archer
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:23 pm
Beware The Gray Ghost
The reason why people believe Speed Racer was awful was because they didn't go in there with a mindset that the movie was made for kids.

It was not made for the 30+ year olds that remember watching it when they were kids.

If you go into a movie (especially a Wachowski movie) thinking it's the next Matrix then you are going to be disappointed.

Yeah I did enjoy the show when I was younger. But the movie didn't apeal to me. Probably becuase im older then 10.

Good call ;p and yeah sales are nice  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:52 am
i had to go just it, but i askedl ike if they liked speed racer and said it sucked and like one person said it was ok 1! so bottome line i just wouldnt see it caue i thought it sucked (yet thats what i think)  

mistadeath

O.G. Capitalist

5,800 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Quack Quack Mutherducker

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:26 pm
i have to say that I was pretty entertained throughout the movie

yes it is very cheesy, but if you have seen the original cartoon, that's pretty much how it's supposed to be!

I loved that Rain was in it just because I'm a big fan of The Colbert Report and laughed hysterically at the competition between Stephen and him smile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:42 pm
I was really surprised that I liked the movie Speed Racer. It was a fun movie and I might buy it. That being said, I hope they don't make a sequal.  

rocksteadyandbebop

Sir_David_of_Fairborn

Distinct Dabbler

4,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:33 pm
I think that it's funny that you say that it was aimed for kids. There were parts that I would never let my kids watch in it until they were at least 10.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:40 am
*slits throat* I watch the orginal cartoon and that can be painful enough... the movie looked like it was all CG boring...  

Ishachanmeow

Headstrong Bookworm

19,050 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Party Animal 100
  • Waffles! 25

rocksteadyandbebop

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:09 pm
Your right, it was all CG. The ending was a bit of a blur.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:30 pm
Ishachanmeow
*slits throat* I watch the orginal cartoon and that can be painful enough... the movie looked like it was all CG boring...

Wow really? I'm seventeen now and I love the old Speed Racer cartoons so its not a time factor thing for me... I own every episode... but I haven't watched the movie yet... because I am waiting until I get my PS3 in a couple weeks and it will be the first movie I buy on Blu-Ray... looks like a beautiful vomit of colour and I cant wait lol.  

Misfit_the

Ryuzokin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:33 pm
it was better than i thought it would be, i liked personally  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:51 pm
I love that movie. Its good stuff.

Katai Rei Kun

jfnbhgurkddhj8
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:52 am
Beware The Gray Ghost

Bravo! Also, people have to remember that the "terrible acting" is actually "over acting!" The entire movie was tongue-in-cheek with the cartoon...cliche exclamations and all. Once I settled into that mindset, I was able to watch the film with ease. It was definitely one of the most gorgeous films from 2008...even if it wasn't the best. ^^;;  
T3h Movie World

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff